Page 61 of 112 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    It's a much better scenario to start him at home versus a beatable Chargers team versus starting him on the road in Buffalo, a place where Denver doesn't historically play well anyway.

While I agree he needs to play as soon as possible, you also want it set up for him to look successful, which he has a much better chance of doing waiting until the Chargers game.
    Agreed. Bills have a tough D at #3, with the #3 passing defense.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    It's a much better scenario to start him at home versus a beatable Chargers team versus starting him on the road in Buffalo, a place where Denver doesn't historically play well anyway.

While I agree he needs to play as soon as possible, you also want it set up for him to look successful, which he has a much better chance of doing waiting until the Chargers game.
    I'm torn on this, because while I do want him set up to succeed, I also believe he needs to face tough situations in order to truly see what Denver has. He was a 4 year starter in the SEC and played in some stadiums that are just as hostile, if not more so, then Buffalo. He also played some stacked defenses when the guys on his side were just way worse than the opponent. So it wouldn't be a new scenario for him.

But the extra week of practice and starting at home does probably present a better situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I'm torn on this, because while I do want him set up to succeed, I also believe he needs to face tough situations in order to truly see what Denver has. He was a 4 year starter in the SEC and played in some stadiums that are just as hostile, if not more so, then Buffalo. He also played some stacked defenses when the guys on his side were just way worse than the opponent. So it wouldn't be a new scenario for him.

But the extra week of practice and starting at home does probably present a better situation.
    im in the camp that putting him in a hard position against the bills tough defense would, in the even of him looking lost and ineffective
    make him enemy number one on these boards immediately

he sucks

bust!!

wasted pick!!!

blah blah blah

better to give him more reps, more time and a start later in the season when expectations are lower, Maybe kc or the last two games

I'm being selfish. I'm going to this weeks game and I whole heartedly wanted to draft Drew Lock. I would love to see everything come together .....meaning....Drew gets the start.....and Denver wins a close game with Drew pulling off a last minute touchdown......unlike what Allen could not pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I'm being selfish. I'm going to this weeks game and I whole heartedly wanted to draft Drew Lock. I would love to see everything come together .....meaning....Drew gets the start.....and Denver wins a close game with Drew pulling off a last minute touchdown......unlike what Allen could not pull off.
    That would actually require Denver to have some level of intelligence about the QB situation. Who here actually thinks Allen is the long-term answer? Crickets. Who here thinks that it is unreasonable to expect that Drew Lock is able to play at least as good as Allen? Crickets. So its really very straight forward, and we have two possible outcomes:

1) If Allen isn't the answer, and Drew Lock can't play as good as Allen, then we are fully in the QB market.

2) If Allen isn't the answer, and Drew Lock is as good or better in his first starts as a rookie, then we might have something for the future and we can at least pencil Lock in as our starter in 2020.

Those are our options. Either way, the answer is to start Drew Lock. There is no real question about it. You gotta play him. It is completely roster mismanagement to do otherwise.

And yet, this is where we find ourselves. In the grips of yet another dumpster fire with nobody holding the reigns.
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    im in the camp that putting him in a hard position against the bills tough defense would, in the even of him looking lost and ineffective
    make him enemy number one on these boards immediately

he sucks

bust!!

wasted pick!!!

blah blah blah

better to give him more reps, more time and a start later in the season when expectations are lower, Maybe kc or the last two games

I don't get this at all. Who cares what the boards think? The fans are already in an uproar over this team, you gotta shut out that noise and make a smart football decision. If you ignore the hyperbole from the fans, and only think about this in the football sense, the GM and the coaches should be thinking the more playing time he gets against real NFL competition the better. Who cares if he has a steep learning curve, he probably will anyway. But you gotta get as much game tape on him as possible to be able to see what you have in him. Admittedly against the Bills is a tough start, but throw him in there. What's the worst that happens? You lose? That's going to happen anyway. Bank it, it's valuable NFL experience.

And here is NO REASON, none, zilch, nada, goose egg for why you wouldn't start him against LA at home the next week.
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Well, unfortunately...

Vic Fangio says it's "unlikely" that Drew Lock will be the backup in Buffalo.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanKoeni...08033830019072

He did also say that it will depend on how the week of practice goes and did not completely rule out the possibility, so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    That would actually require Denver to have some level of intelligence about the QB situation. Who here actually thinks Allen is the long-term answer? Crickets. Who here thinks that it is unreasonable to expect that Drew Lock is able to play at least as good as Allen? Crickets. So its really very straight forward, and we have two possible outcomes:

1) If Allen isn't the answer, and Drew Lock can't play as good as Allen, then we are fully in the QB market.

2) If Allen isn't the answer, and Drew Lock is as good or better in his first starts as a rookie, then we might have something for the future and we can at least pencil Lock in as our starter in 2020.

Those are our options. Either way, the answer is to start Drew Lock. There is no real question about it. You gotta play him. It is completely roster mismanagement to do otherwise.

And yet, this is where we find ourselves. In the grips of yet another dumpster fire with nobody holding the reigns.
    Itís a pretty simple strategy and formula. Iím in the same camp. Starting Lock is about making decisions on the QB position, period. This team has woefully mismanaged the QB position. Itís time to identify a franchise QB. I really donít get why this FO is so bent on hiding their young QBs.

He will start against the chargers and close out the season.
    He will make some stunning throws and some complete head scratchers

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post

If he does start the Chargers games, that would still leave 2 tough road tests in KC and Houston coming up. Either start him the Chargers game or wait and start him the last 2 games at home against the Lions and Raiders, this is likely what they are considering.

Heard on the radio driving home that Klis is hearing that Lock wonít start until the last 2 games. Anyone else hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Heard on the radio driving home that Klis is hearing that Lock wonít start until the last 2 games. Anyone else hear that?
    I believe this may have been from Klis on November 7th:

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...mes-of-season/

That may have been the plan until the more recent losses.

2 games is not enough of an evaluation. They need to see him for at least 4-5 games to judge if we need to draft a QB next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    2 games is not enough of an evaluation. They need to see him for at least 4-5 games to judge if we need to draft a QB next year.
    This is the type of stuff that makes me challenge you know who.

Please tell me that I, and many other fans here, are missing something.

If anyone wonders why we might want to go outside and scream a wee bit, it's because it's CRITICAL that a serious game playing evaluation be made for this young man before this season ends! It is CRITICAL. We've floundered around trying to find a starting QB, and yet we keep missing the boat....and failure to properly assess Lock's potential as a starter will soon be in MUST KNOW mode.

We can not go into the offseason without knowing:
    1) If Lock looks like the guy
    2) Or if we need to either draft high, or sign a "quality" vet...and neither of these options comes without some pain, some cost, and some potential "backstepping" in our path forward. Another drafted QB, another couple of years to wait for some possible success, and another chance at wasted draft capital.

Is this that hard to understand??