Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Were you?
    You want to start a guy who hasn’t practiced and couldn’t beat out Flacco

I want him to know the offense and be comfortable.

We both want Lock to be our qb, I want him prepared you want him to figure it out on the fly.
    I'm not the one trying to hold him back by making excuses for him. Dont get it twisted, I'm NOT a lock fan. I think it's another bad pick by Elway. But we still need to see what we got.

Yes we're all bored watching Flacco, didn't work out for him but I was really behind him hoping it would.

Give Lock a couple of weeks, I'm sure his thumb didn't stop him practicing on other aspects of the game so let's see what he's got.

The only thing I'm sure of at this point, is that I have zero excitement to watch games until some big changes are made. And for me that starts at QB. We can do nothing for the OLine until the draft, so lets see if we need to spend a high pick on a QB first.

At least we'll all be roaring for the team again rather than closing eyes and waiting for the 4th down call...

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter757 View Post
    Yes we're all bored watching Flacco, didn't work out for him but I was really behind him hoping it would.

Give Lock a couple of weeks, I'm sure his thumb didn't stop him practicing on other aspects of the game so let's see what he's got.

The only thing I'm sure of at this point, is that I have zero excitement to watch games until some big changes are made. And for me that starts at QB. We can do nothing for the OLine until the draft, so lets see if we need to spend a high pick on a QB first.

At least we'll all be roaring for the team again rather than closing eyes and waiting for the 4th down call...
    Agree. There is NO excitement to watch games, especially with lifeless Flacco leading the offense. Get Lock out there so we can at least have a reason to watch, some hope, and see what we have for the future. Last thing we need is to go into next year thinking Lock is the future and find out he is a flop. We'll be in the same situation we are now. As soon as he is healthy, insert Lock into the offense. Flacco sucks and only wants a paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    We have to start lock this season,,, good bad or ugly,,,I donít think he changes our record,,,unless he really comes on ...
    Agreed. I think he will trend more towards Trubisky anyway, so the earlier they have an honest impression of him, the earlier they can get on with addressing the position seriously.

Give the 2nd half of the season to Drew. It's time! He can learn by playing/experience. Flacco isn't the future. It's time to start fixing this team!!!
    Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I agree 100% on him having the the game plan built around him.

I am very excited about Lock, I think he can be really good.
    I donít see the reason the rush him into the starting role.
    Iíd like them to see him practice for a few weeks and then build a game plan around what he does well and I think it should be a home game.
    because the broncos will by all looks be drafting very high and within reach of top qbs in the draft

if lock is the future why should we waste a high #1 pick on another qb we don't need?, how would we know what we have unless we see him play, I can except mistakes, I can except rookie T.O's, I can except being confused by the defense...but we need to see him play

if lock isn't the guy, and we fail to draft a QB in the 2020 draft ,because we held on to a belief that Lock was the future without seeing him play..then its
    another meaningless losing season without a qb in 2020

Lock and IR

So in an interveiw today Elway sounds like he is bringong back Tim Patrick from IR. My question to fellow Broncos fan is........ how would you feel if Lock isnt brought back? (Since you can only bring 2 back)

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    So in an interveiw today Elway sounds like he is bringong back Tim Patrick from IR. My question to fellow Broncos fan is........ how would you feel if Lock isnt brought back? (Since you can only bring 2 back)
    It will enrage almost the entire fanbase who has finally accepted the fact that Flacco is not starting QB caliber.

It will make the calls for Elway to get fired even louder, and rightfully so. It would be football malpractice.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    It will enrage almost the entire fanbase who has finally accepted the fact that Flacco is not starting QB caliber.

It will make the calls for Elway to get fired even louder, and rightfully so. It would be football malpractice.
    I second this motion. Hiding Lock on IR will send the message that they plan on sticking with the bridge QB philosophy. It would be a drastic mistake IMO. This is the perfect opportunity to get a long look at Lock and decide if heís the guy or if they need to draft their franchise QB. Itís time to commit to the young franchise QB philosophy. Whether itís Lock or a drafted QB this offseason, they must evaluate Lock this year to make that decision.

Patrick is being activated as Sanders has been traded. Surely, nothing more than that? I hope?

If Lock isnt activated I will be officially on the fire Elway train .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    If Lock isnt activated I will be officially on the fire Elway train .
    Yup, my sentiments exactly

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Even if there are no current plans to start Lock, not bringing him off of IR would be a complete detriment to his development and a clear sign this team has absolutely no plan at the quarterback position whatsoever.

If he's not healthy, he's not healthy.

If he's not brought back, but is healthy, then we have an issue.

Lock needs to be off IR, but only in order to run the practice teams. He's not ready to play, especially behind one of the worse Olines in the league.