Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Lock is a descent prospect and worthwhile project...I truly hope he succeeds. But for now, he looks every bit lost and confused, with far more bad throws and decisions than good. About what most would expect from him at this stage of his NFL career.
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Good points.

I'm not expecting a whole lot, not with a whole new coaching staff that includes a rookie OC and so many new players including @QB. It's just not realistic for everything to work together perfectly overnight --it takes time to implement brand new systems and for players to develop chemistry with each other. It'll be a bonus (and good luck maybe) if some of this happens to gel quickly, but not holding my breath for that. I am confident that Munchak will have the line in order eventually though, and I will expect good results in 2020!

But the first preseason game (or even all of them this month) doesn't predict jack squat, not about Lock or anything else!
    None of the 1st string starters played on either team.
    The HOF game is effectively a 5th preseason game.
    Lock got knocked down and hit by hungry hope to be NFL players for the first time.
    His eyeballs got real big and he hasn't had time to adjust to NFL speed.

Lock is going to be fine, so is Fant. This was a good game to shake the jitters.

Defense just had to pin their ears back and go after Lock.
    Like LM said, Munchak will have the line ready by regular season.

On the other side, lots of depth for the Broncos Defense.
    Congrats to Fangs on your first NFL win, stones and all !!!

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I can't believe there are multiple people on this thread patting Lock on the back for his overthrows and counting them as close incompletions.
    I don't see it that way. I think some of us are saying he looks very comfortable deciding when to throw the long ball, and with a potential long career ahead, that gives him one building block that already separates him from a number of other young QBs. Further, they even said Fant looked a little slow on his chance...and yes, the other ones were close to completion.

First preseason game, with all sorts of disconnects within a lineup that is trying to make the team. I don't see this as any type of concern, regarding Lock. It's the most important position arguably in all of sports, and I did not see anything much to sound off the alarm bells.

I don’t have concerns with how Lock played. As Fangio said, he hoped for more but wasn’t surprised. The greatest positive was getting game action - regardless of the talent on both sides of the ball. Attempting to turn incomplete passes into “close to completed” passes isn’t going to change anything. Fant was partly responsible for the deep incomplete pass. However the deep pass to Muhammad wasn’t close. Lock was fortunate to not give up a pick six early. On a screen play he delivered the ball near Fort’s feet. He made a good throw on the route near the end of the 3rd quarter but that was dropped. He has a lot of work ahead of him and reports suggest he works hard. Main thing for Lock (and Rypien) is to improve each week.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I don't see it that way. I think some of us are saying he looks very comfortable deciding when to throw the long ball, and with a potential long career ahead, that gives him one building block that already separates him from a number of other young QBs. Further, they even said Fant looked a little slow on his chance...and yes, the other ones were close to completion.

First preseason game, with all sorts of disconnects within a lineup that is trying to make the team. I don't see this as any type of concern, regarding Lock. It's the most important position arguably in all of sports, and I did not see anything much to sound off the alarm bells.
    I don't see that as a positive. The go route, 9 route, streak route, whatever you want to call it is one of the safer throws to make, it's an easy decision if the safeties are red correctly pre-snap. I think it was pretty obvious on the deep shots that Lock took, it was pre-determined, I don't think they were reads where he went through low-high progressions and went high.

Also, that is one area of concern for me honestly. Anyone who watched Lock at Missouri would of seen Locks first and most often relied on play was the deep ball, he favoured it a lot. With that being really an easy out to chuck it deep, I want to see him standing in the pocket and looking for those intermediate throws into space, anticipation throws they call them. Those will be the type of throws which will show us if Lock is developing his game or not, not the deep shots which a high school quarterback could honestly read pre-snap and make the decision to put it out there.

I can't believe there are multiple people on this thread patting Lock on the back for his overthrows and counting them as close incompletions.
    I can't believe so many people are making a big deal out of this first preseason game....

I said in the training camp thread that those who think he will be no.2 this season will view him differently from those who know it will be a while before he is ready. IMHO, if we see Lock play any meaningful minutes/games this season....the season has gone horribly off the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I can't believe so many people are making a big deal out of this first preseason game....
    Well there’s not much else to talk about at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I don't see that as a positive. The go route, 9 route, streak route, whatever you want to call it is one of the safer throws to make, it's an easy decision if the safeties are red correctly pre-snap. I think it was pretty obvious on the deep shots that Lock took, it was pre-determined, I don't think they were reads where he went through low-high progressions and went high.

Also, that is one area of concern for me honestly. Anyone who watched Lock at Missouri would of seen Locks first and most often relied on play was the deep ball, he favoured it a lot. With that being really an easy out to chuck it deep, I want to see him standing in the pocket and looking for those intermediate throws into space, anticipation throws they call them. Those will be the type of throws which will show us if Lock is developing his game or not, not the deep shots which a high school quarterback could honestly read pre-snap and make the decision to put it out there.
    Not knowing his past as well as you, I still think (whether planned or not) his timing and accuracy were really close on those long passes. Maybe he has a propensity to look better on the longer passes, but I still think he looked solid on those attempts. And I do believe that a young QB who looks good in those situations, can spread a D.....and with Lindsay, Freeman and a host of other options, I see a positive outcome. I feel like this guy can work hard on his shorter range, and become a more complete player.

Tell me about it . The kid barely has 1 month in the NFL lol.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Tell me about it . The kid barely has 1 month in the NFL lol.
    Ditto to you, SB and anyone else who thinks the same on this.

If you read my other posts I'm not making a big deal out of it. I think Lock has a lot of potential. I just think it's ridiculous that people are counting his overthrows as completions and saying he had a great game. I'm typically a half glass full kind of guy but his performance was beyond bad. Doesn't mean he can't rebound next week.

If you read my other posts I'm not making a big deal out of it. I think Lock has a lot of potential. I just think it's ridiculous that people are counting his overthrows as completions and saying he had a great game. I'm typically a half glass full kind of guy but his performance was beyond bad. Doesn't mean he can't rebound next week.
    What % are saying he had a great game? I haven't read every post, but I don't think I've seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    What % are saying he had a great game? I haven't read every post, but I don't think I've seen one.
    I'm speaking to people commending his overthrows as if they were completed passes. Lock looked lost. Anyone else who watched that boring game and didn't come away with that assessment is lying to themselves.

I'm speaking to people commending his overthrows as if they were completed passes. Lock looked lost. Anyone else who watched that boring game and didn't come away with that assessment is lying to themselves.
    Again...I don't see evidence of him having a great game. Even some of his main supporters admitted he needs work.

I was, honestly, not surprised how Lock looked Thursday night. He has great talent and ability but he is a work in progress. That is why I was adamant about not drafting him in the first round back in April. To me, he was drafted where I felt his value, as he currently stood in his development as a quarterback, was warranted. He wasn't ready to be a starter.
    Also, it's his first NFL game action, so I am not going to take too much out of it. I want to see how he progresses throughout the preseason.