Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    I think people making the hyperbolic statements are the ones saying people are writing him off, when that hasn't happened. Everything is evaluated, every snap, every mental rep, every pre-season play, so I see no problem with being honest and saying in the first look we had a Lock, he looked bad. I don't see anyone projecting and saying it means anything, but commentary on the performance is warranted and deserves to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Seriously! He only threw 11 passes and some are ready to write him off. FWIW he completed 7 of those 11
    Chubb had same treatment last year.

I remember people not liking the Von Miller pick and saying similar things back then.

It is the internet...you will find any opinion you want if you wait for it...and sometimes do not need to wait.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I think what was said during the HoF game was pretty spot on.

Lock needs to work on some of the most basic things we take for granted because he did not do those things in college.

Personally I think he is currently thinking too much about small things that should be like riding a bike and that is effecting his ability to play QB.

Maybe that is what was wrong with his accuracy....maybe not. Regardless glad we have Flacco and hopefully a better OL so Lock can sit a year....work on his craft and learn the game. Lock needs to be red-shirted in 2019 imo. We may need to carry a 3rd QB this year.
    Amen there.

I havenít seen Lock play yet.

If people are correct that he lacks accuracy and good mechanics, thereís very little chance he will ever be a good starting quarterback.

Mariota and Winston came into the league lacking certain characteristics and neither of them appears to be anything special.

Itís not about NFL coaching. Itís about high school and college. If they donít have the fundamentals coming into the NFL, they arenít going to develop them in the NFL.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I haven’t seen Lock play yet.

If people are correct that he lacks accuracy and good mechanics, there’s very little chance he will ever be a good starting quarterback.

Mariota and Winston came into the league lacking certain characteristics and neither of them appears to be anything special.

It’s not about NFL coaching. It’s about high school and college. If they don’t have the fundamentals coming into the NFL, they aren’t going to develop them in the NFL.
    You may be right. We saw that with Tebow. Let's see how he does tonight.

I havenít seen Lock play yet.

If people are correct that he lacks accuracy and good mechanics, thereís very little chance he will ever be a good starting quarterback.

Itís not about NFL coaching. Itís about high school and college. If they donít have the fundamentals coming into the NFL, they arenít going to develop them in the NFL.
    Rodgers had to do a lot of work on his mechanics. There arenít many QBs coming out with good or even average mechanics these days. They just have to be willing to put in the work to correct these deficiencies.

On the other end of the spectrum Rosen had very good mechanics coming out and is now behind Fitzpatrick on his 2nd team in as many seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Rodgers had to do a lot of work on his mechanics. There aren’t many QBs coming out with good or even average mechanics these days. They just have to be willing to put in the work to correct these deficiencies.

On the other end of the spectrum Rosen had very good mechanics coming out and is now behind Fitzpatrick on his 2nd team in as many seasons.
    I'm cool with 2 years on the bench....2 years on the field..............although....when is Lawrence coming out ?

I haven’t seen Lock play yet.

If people are correct that he lacks accuracy and good mechanics, there’s very little chance he will ever be a good starting quarterback.

It’s not about NFL coaching. It’s about high school and college. If they don’t have the fundamentals coming into the NFL, they aren’t going to develop them in the NFL.
    But he is tall with a rocket arm Only Elway criteria. We all love watching Elway play but perhaps he isn't a good GM? Just a thought Wade Phillips won us the Superbowl, plain and simple.
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    But he is tall with a rocket arm Only Elway criteria. We all love watching Elway play but perhaps he isn't a good GM? Just a thought Wade Phillips won us the Superbowl, plain and simple.
    Maybe it is not so much in the QB department that Elway fails, but in the Head Coaches he has picked.

John Fox was the only coach in NFL that had a worse year than Josh McDaniels that had been fired in 2010, and then Foxey and Elway fell in love with Orton, who actually had a worse win rate under Fox in 2011 than under McDaniels in 2010. Tebow when he was essentially forced by circumstance on Fox produced results in spite of looking like he had regressed from 2010. In 2010 under Studesville the Tebow led offense produced over 25% more points per game.
    Fox ruined our chances to win the SB in 2012 with his management of the Ravens game
    Fox ruined our chances to win the SB in 2013 with his preparation for the SuperBowl
    Fox ruined our chances to win the SB in 2014 with his lack of preparation for the Colts game
    Kubiak comes in and we win SB with Manning on his very last legs, and Osweiler plays quite well
    Kubiak has Siemian play well and give hope for the future without blowing our minds, and he has Paxton Lynch be serviceable
    Elway hires VJ and Siemian, Osweiler and Lynch become worthless lumps
    Elway signs Keenum from a great season with the Vikings and VJ has him turning into a worthless lump, while Osweiler has a respectable stay in Miami
    Lock may or may not amount to anything worthwhile, but we see that Paxton Lynch is not the same lump he was here under VJ.

Fox was given a lot of credit for 4 years of division championships, but those were automatic with Manning and if Fox was any positive influence on any QB why does he have loosing records with every QB except Manning, Delhomme and Tebow?

"015 was a triumph of coaching - not as much about player selection, as Foxey pretty much had the same tools with a healthier Peyton!

Rodgers had to do a lot of work on his mechanics. There arenít many QBs coming out with good or even average mechanics these days. They just have to be willing to put in the work to correct these deficiencies.

There's a former All American quarterback, or something like that, who breaks QBs down on YouTube. It's not really about his credentials, but the fact that he applies what he confidently knows directly to the film, and he's pretty good. His breakdown of Rosen after last season was the most honest I've seen. He showed how Rosen regressed from things he did well in college for whatever reason. Maybe it was offensive line, or information overload, but he wasn't the guy they thought they were drafting film wise.

So far, Lock is just about what I thought he was. A little worse, but seeing Haskins struggle yesterday actually makes me feel a little better. Jones was sharp as hell, though. They're going to lean on playcalls that cater to these guys, but there's no denying that Jones was sharp with the limited throws they asked him to make. Murray looked really good too, but Arizona's offense so far looks like a gimmick where they rely on YAC to move the ball consistently. It's only the preseason, and the stuff they're running is vanilla, but LA really had no problems containing what they were doing. The difference between watching Murray and Jackson is night and day though. Murray is definitely an NFL quarterback, and I'm still not sure that Jackson is. I think what all this shows, is that scouts are getting better at determining which quarterbacks are NFL ready and which ones aren't. Physical measurables are becoming less important. Arms strength and size are good traits for a quarterback to have, but maybe not as significant as they were once viewed to be.

These past two preseason games will be very good for Lockís development IMO. Atlanta and Seattle both blitzed a lot more than what you normally see in the preseason, Seattle played at least 3 starters the whole game on defense.

I thought Lock made a concerted effort to get the ball out quicker. Most looked predetermined but it was a step in the right direction as he was trying to anticipate routes coming open vs seeing the guy come open. After he took the safety he started climbing the pocket more than he was before so he is learning from his mistakes.

His head is definitely spinning though, they zoomed in on him calling a play in the huddle and as he started to call it out he paused for a couple of seconds before giving the rest out so he still has some work to do learning the playbook. But him showing an improvement from game 1 to game 2 while still figuring out the playbook is encouraging. Once he gets a good grasp on the playbook and the speed of the NFL he can really hone in on perfecting his craft.

It's preseason and the only thing that really matters are the injuries and my Lock glass.... it's now half full.

These past two preseason games will be very good for Lock’s development IMO. Atlanta and Seattle both blitzed a lot more than what you normally see in the preseason, Seattle played at least 3 starters the whole game on defense.

I thought Lock made a concerted effort to get the ball out quicker. Most looked predetermined but it was a step in the right direction as he was trying to anticipate routes coming open vs seeing the guy come open. After he took the safety he started climbing the pocket more than he was before so he is learning from his mistakes.
    He saw more pressure than I expected and he definitely looked predetermined. I think the increased reps helped a lot and said it was much different vs Seattle. Honestly, many of the young QBs are throwing quick passes, so defensively I'd blitz a lot and play coverage to see how they react. Back to Lock, he had good moments and bad. Being predetermined worked out on a few plays where he got the ball where he wanted. The pass to Fumagalli on the sideline was perfect. Fumagalli didn't have his head turned around, the ball was put in the perfect spot and he just held onto it. The two point conversion was a laser too. However, he threw at least 3 passes that seem scripted and were very close to being picked and probably pick 6s. On the 4th down play, Seattle was clearly blitzing and 2 LBs gave away the blitz before the snap and he continued the play and got hit as he was throwing, which caused the pick.

Hopefully he's watching tape and getting coached up on running the play that's called, but picking up things like where the blitz is coming from and how to audible or adjust his protection.

I was very encouraged from what I saw in game 2. Itís all about steady progression. I think with Drew thereís always gonna be that Cutleresque ďwhat the heck was he thinking?Ē throws but I welcome that rather than the play it safe dink and dunk crap weíve ran the past 3 years. Heís gotta dial in his deep balls, and he will. Heís gotta get a better feel for the pocket, and he will, and he just needs time, and he will get it.
    If he winds up being Jay Cutler when he was with the Broncos I will take that all day and twice on Sunday. If you try to tell me Jay wouldnít have made this team a Super Bowl contender with this defense I would tell you youíre nuts. Jay never had a chance because our defense was atrocious.
    Iím cool with Joe for the season and ok if Drew doesnít see a snap, but by year 2 he better be ready because I got a feeling itís his show in 2020.

my God, these whiney fans are nauseating

drew lock didn't take snaps from center in college, he didn't call plays, he didn't audible or check out of a play...

the improvement from the falcons game to last night was huge if you watched it

yes he has a lot to learn, but those faulting him for the weak swiss cheese protection, the killer penalty on nearly every good play are nuts

give the kid a chance to learn before writing him off after 3 qrters in preseason