Page 60 of 117 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
    I will be blunt....if we do not know who has a legit shot at being our franchise QB by Christmas, then Santa, I want a new FO.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I agree that Allen looks like quite a solid player, a guy who isn't going to lose you any games, and he is showing that he can make some solid plays. But, I also don't think you stick with him in the hope that he can be your franchise guy, I don't see that kind of potential in him. I think you play Lock and let him ride out the rest of the season, and depending on what he shows, you go into next off-season fully committed to him taking all the reps, and preparing to play from day 1. This sit and wait approach is a proven failure, we have many many many examples of this, and it's time to adapt and try something new. It sucks for Allen because he probably deserves to continue to play, but the bigger picture approach needs to be taken when you're in the middle of a 3-7 campaign.
    Agreed. It sucks a little for Allen but he may have found a team to stick with for a while. Lock still has to prove himself so the worst case for Allen is continuing his development and being ready to play. If the Broncos choose to keep Lock on the sideline, that will be the last straw as far as Iím concerned with Elway.

Lol. Lock has 4 regular season practices. Yíall act like heís been sitting on the bench chewing on his mouthpiece all season. Give it a couple weeks and let him start the last 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Lol. Lock has 4 regular season practices. Yíall act like heís been sitting on the bench chewing on his mouthpiece all season. Give it a couple weeks and let him start the last 4 games.
    Next week it'll be already week 11. What's the difference between the playing the last 4 games versus the last 5? Is the difference that Allen is going to be our franchise player in one week? I don't think the extra week of practice will be more important than getting one more week of play time for Lock.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Agreed. I have no problem moving forward with him as the backup, as he's proven he won't throw the game away. But I don't think it's worth pushing him forward if that means Lock continues to sit. This season is already lost, it's time to play your high draft picks.
    Agreed.....

Next week it'll be already week 11. What's the difference between the playing the last 4 games versus the last 5? Is the difference that Allen is going to be our franchise player in one week? I don't think the extra week of practice will be more important than getting one more week of play time for Lock.
    The bye week has come and gone. We have six games left. Another two weeks of practice will be huge for a rookie who hasnít practiced since the preseason. If he played today he would have likely looked terrible.

It's time. Allen is a capable backup but not a starter in this league. Broncos need to see who Lock is as a player.

Personally, I think 6 games would be enough of a sample size to make a decent assessment of Lock. Again, it isnít about Lock coming in and lighting it up. Itís about making decisions for the offseason. I realize I am in the minority in this and the Broncos FO and coaching staff completely disagrees. I just think itís time to stop procrastinating with the most important position in all of sports. I am completely burnt out on the sandbagging approach this FO takes every year.

It's a much better scenario to start him at home versus a beatable Chargers team versus starting him on the road in Buffalo, a place where Denver doesn't historically play well anyway.

While I agree he needs to play as soon as possible, you also want it set up for him to look successful, which he has a much better chance of doing waiting until the Chargers game.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    We shall see how it all shakes down. Iím guessing this FO and coaching staff will do their best to keep Lock hidden on the bench for as long as possible. Iím guessing heíll see the field for 2 games. That way, we can go into yet another offseason with a big, fat question mark at QB.
    Agreed! It is the same attitude that thinks we can shut down the offense and let the D close games out. The same attitude that believes Flacco was a really good idea after he washed away in Baltimore. The same attitude that kept some key defensive players on the bench early in the season. Culture matters and entitlement is a real problem but the FO has pushed the pendulum too far in the other direction and it has destroyed this season. We should be in the playoff hunt instead of finding ways to lose every game. I fully expert they are sitting in the room talking about how Lock needs to ďearnĒ his spot. This from the team with the worst QB situation in the league. Heck most teams have 2 QBs better than our current stater and backup

I've already posted in here about this(yes it's time for Drew Lock to be played) but I keep thinking do I trust this Front Office and Coaching staff to make good decisions about the QB's on this team or potentially future QB draft picks/QB free agents? The answer I have right now is no, I get the feeling they could watch a season each on Lock and Allen and still make the wrong decision.

Over the last decade, teams are 27-137 when their starting QB completes less than 44% of his passes. Minimum 20 attempts.

Drew Lock on the clock

Exactly. Allen can be our backup, but he still needs to earn that job starting next offseason. But he has a leg up now.

Start the kid. What are the possible outcomes:
    1) He sucks....then see if he develops each week. If not, we will likely know what his career path will be. Maybe not a starter. So it's easy. We HAVE TO make that our #1 offseason project - find our long term QB! Yet again...but you have to get it right sooner or later!
    2) He plays so so, but keeps learning and improves enough to continue...put all your effort into offseason development. Be careful, but look for a QB if it's pretty much a "can't miss" opportunity, without selling the farm. You pay your talent experts loads of money to evaluate QBs, and if they like Lock enough, lean that way.
    3) He does well.....case closed.

I don't want to get into him getting injured, but the 3 above items can handle.

In my opinion, this is one of the most obvious FO moves you can make. Your future depends on having a decent QB. Therefore you must have a strategy that will allow you to make the right decisions come this offseason. it seems 101ish to me. heck, we're out of the race, minus a miracle. Allen looks ok as a backup. Unless Lock is unhealthy, this is your #1 priority, so play the dude!

One more thing....if you think your young QBs are going to look great right away, look around. Haskins looks awful to me, with a rate of 58.9. Mostly just handing off the ball. But this is the right time to test him. He will either grow or not. Hey, Lock can hand off to our good young backs, sneak in some TE stuff, get used to throwing screens and other easy outlets....and yes, show off the arm when possible. This is not about making the playoffs anymore.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-18-2019 at 12:04 PM.

we should see Lock in a couple weeks. Now 5 games wont tell you what you got for the next 15 years but it's a start . It will give us an idea. Imo we give our OL the attention it needs early in the draft . I would honestly prefer to watch Lock learn otj then to watch another vet Qb who is done .