Page 144 of 152 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2266
    The great thing about having all these young weapons - is we have the right QB to utilize them.

Lock showed me last year five things as a rookie that got me so excited:

1. Poise in the pocket (we haven't had this since Peyton)
    2. Able to look beyond first or even second read (this is crucial moving forward with this offense)
    3. Athletic enough to be extra creative with in today's NFL
    4. Athletic enough to improve our offensive line
    5. Able to digest and execute a complex playbook (even if it is taped around his wrists - he got it done)
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

As the season ended on a high note, Fangio said the Broncos must score more points. Scangarello was fired and Shurmur/Shula came in. They say Shurmur likes to use formations with 11 personnel. Janovich was traded. Melvin Gordon, who is a good receiver, was acquired. Jeudy and Hamler have now been added.

I hope we have a football season because it would be pretty interesting to see Buzz Lightyear on the field with Sutton, Fant, Jeudy, Hamler and Gordon/Lindsay at the same time with Pat Shurmur calling the plays.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    As the season ended on a high note, Fangio said the Broncos must score more points. Scangarello was fired and Shurmur/Shula came in. They say Shurmur likes to use formations with 11 personnel. Janovich was traded. Melvin Gordon, who is a good receiver, was acquired. Jeudy and Hamler have now been added.

I hope we have a football season because it would be pretty interesting to see Buzz Lightyear on the field with Sutton, Fant, Jeudy, Hamler and Gordon/Lindsay at the same time with Pat Shurmur calling the plays.
    If the rookies play to their talent level, the potential is there to be scary good....with a couple caveats. the tackles worry me (i think everyone agrees on that much), and Hammler may be the fastest player on the team....but he has a history of drop problems.

Sutton, Jeudy, and Fant alone though, are a very capable trio, Gordon is a quality receiver, and Lindsey is breath away from a TD on any given play. If Hammler fixes those drop problems, then yes indeed we have big play potential every level of the offense...outside....te....slot....backs......we *should* have it all.

And only one of these guys has been in the league more than 3 years. Gentlemen...the future appears very bright...(on paper at least)

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    If the rookies play to their talent level, the potential is there to be scary good....with a couple caveats. the tackles worry me (i think everyone agrees on that much), and Hammler may be the fastest player on the team....but he has a history of drop problems.

Sutton, Jeudy, and Fant alone though, are a very capable trio, Gordon is a quality receiver, and Lindsey is breath away from a TD on any given play. If Hammler fixes those drop problems, then yes indeed we have big play potential every level of the offense...outside....te....slot....backs......we *should* have it all.

And only one of these guys has been in the league more than 3 years. Gentlemen...the future appears very bright...(on paper at least)
    Hamler may have some things that need coaching in order for him to improve, but when he lines up he still needs to be covered.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMoss View Post
    The great thing about having all these young weapons - is we have the right QB to utilize them.

Lock showed me last year five things as a rookie that got me so excited:

1. Poise in the pocket (we haven't had this since Peyton)
    2. Able to look beyond first or even second read (this is crucial moving forward with this offense)
    3. Athletic enough to be extra creative with in today's NFL
    4. Athletic enough to improve our offensive line
    5. Able to digest and execute a complex playbook (even if it is taped around his wrists - he got it done)
    I mean the best thing is that if this works out, we have YEARS of these guys all growing and developing together. Playoffs this year would be a bonus, but this core could set us up for the next super bowl run for sure.
    Administrator

Shurmur definitely needed a huge upgrade at WR to run his scheme. Lock also has every possible weapon at his disposal now, so there will be no excuse for him to develop. Similarly we'll see if Elway's faith in Bolles and James is warranted soon enough
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

There's a picture in my head of an Orange and Blue Nike Swoosh and the slogan 'Just Throw It'.

The competition at WR is going to be fierce, not only for who makes the final 53 man roster, but depth order.

Itís encouraging to see the FO dedicate so much resource to the offense. We drafted some exciting players and made some good additions to the line.

Iím trying to keep my expectations realistic. This offense is very young and we have yet another new OC.

Iím excited to see improved offense, but Iím expecting them to improve to middle of the pack and scoring more than 20 points a game.

I like Lock a lot. I think he has excellent potential. Iím just personally not expecting him to be a top 5 QB in his first year of starting.

I think weíre in for a wild ride and I fully expect a more entertaining brand of football. Still, with all of these young players and a new OC, there are going to be ups and downs.

Big things are coming from Lock this year. I already expected a significant jump in performance due to his work ethic, but Elway's success in improving the offense around him will take him even further.

With the pandemic affecting the team's offseason activities and everyone having to learn a new system, I would be okay with a 3500 yard, 24 TD, 12 INT sort of year. I don't expect that, though.

My way too early, hot take expectations for Lock's production: 4500 yards. 37 TDs, 10 INTs. All helping the team to 12 wins
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 04-26-2020 at 10:33 AM.

I'm with you , cant wait to see what the offense can do . Hopefully they get to practice by normal time .

In Lock I trust. There hasn't been this much hype of a young stud since the days of Cutler. Very exciting.

Still have to be cautious. Lock could have a 'slump' just as any rookie/soph QB could.... But the pieces we are surrounding him with have me feeling pretty jacked to watch him air it out with these weapons.

I have no doubt Drew has all the skills and intangibles to be a 10-15 year QB. Whether it happens or how good that career is will depend on whether or not he is a film junky.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    In Lock I trust. There hasn't been this much hype of a young stud since the days of Cutler. Very exciting.

Still have to be cautious. Lock could have a 'slump' just as any rookie/soph QB could.... But the pieces we are surrounding him with have me feeling pretty jacked to watch him air it out with these weapons.
    Agreed. I actually expect a slump. More film on him will allow DC's to scout him better so he'll need to learn to polish and adjust his game. That will be a big step.

He should have the tools to succeed, now it's on him.

I really haven't been this excited about the offense since Manning's comeback against the Chargers in 2012. That may be even a bit too generous but it's the off-season so...

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016