Page 149 of 152 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2266
    Here's a segment of an NFL.com article, with a theme of who will have a big leap in their 2nd season. Some others named were Daniel Jones, Kyler Murray, Parris Campbell and N'Keal Harry.

Jeffri Chadiha: I feel like I just showed up late to Thanksgiving dinner. You guys gobbled up some of the best fixings already (Judy even grabbed a couple prime candidates right off the jump), but there's still a lot for me to like. Like Silver, I'm looking for somebody under the radar. In a league filled with so many talented young quarterbacks, you can't find anybody spending more time in the shadows these days than Denver's Drew Lock. I know, I know -- it's risky to gamble on John Elway finally getting his offensive issues figured out. However, I can't help being impressed by all the talent he's given his second-year signal-caller.

The Broncos already had a budding Pro Bowl talent in wide receiver Courtland Sutton. They also had a running back who's opened his career with two 1,000-yard rushing seasons (Phillip Lindsay) and a speedy tight end who was their first-round selection last year (Noah Fant). But then Elway spent this offseason acquiring running back Melvin Gordon and two more dynamic wide receivers in rookies Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler? Come on, man! The Broncos still have to prove they can block consistently up front, but Lock has to be able to do some serious damage with that bunch. And in terms of leaps, I'm guessing Lock can grow a lot more than Kyler Murray. Lock only attempted 156 passes while playing in five games in 2019. The best number during that stretch for him: Denver's four wins. That small sample size of success must have made Elway giddy, because the general manager was smart enough to mimic Andy Reid's blueprint for Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City. Take a talented quarterback, give him a bunch of weapons and wait for the fun to begin.

I'm down for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Mahomes is special. It is tough for any defense to make a stop vs a special qb.
    Totally agree. Mahomes has that indefineable "something" that so very few have. Favre had it. Elway had it. Tarkenten had it. These guys can just make plays that shouldnt be possible....but they do..regularly.

Interesting and I think a good take from this Giants fan 'on the Broncos' -at least on Lock

Remember Pat Shurmur came from NY so this guy knows the system we'll be looking at.

...of course I know nothing about Shurmur myself
    Last edited by dizzolve; 05-29-2020 at 07:23 PM.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Interesting and I think a good take from this Giants fan 'on the Broncos' -at least on Lock

Remember Pat Shurmur came from NY so this guy knows the system we'll be looking at.

Thanks. The guy brings up a good point and need to have realistic expectations with Luck and all the young players. We have a young QB with a new OC and a number of rookie players, all without a typical off season. I just want to see progress. Teams like NO with Brees and Payton that have been together for years will probably have a big advantage especially early.

I wouldn't be surprised if KJ contributes more than Jeudy early. I think Jeudy needs more chemistry with Lock and KJ will run more simple things like screens and crossing patterns that rely more on pure speed than chemistry and technique.

It will be interesting to see if Lock's history with AOK will help at all?

What does having realistic expectations even mean? I think my "realistic" expectations may seem unrealistic to others.

We need to have a winning record,
    At least 9-7

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    What does having realistic expectations even mean? I think my "realistic" expectations may seem unrealistic to others.
    It means to consider all reasonable factors, especially this year with extreme circumstances we haven't had before. I think it's unrealistic to expect a young QB with a new OC, a bunch of young and new players, without a full off season, to perform as well as a veteran QB that has played in the same system with the same coach for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    It means to consider all reasonable factors, especially this year with extreme circumstances we haven't had before. I think it's unrealistic to expect a young QB with a new OC, a bunch of young and new players, without a full off season, to perform as well as a veteran QB that has played in the same system with the same coach for a decade.
    One can consider those and still hold an opinion that other might deem unrealistic. It's all highly subjective. When Mahomes threw for 5k yards and 50 TDs in his first full year, there were probably a very small few KC fans who predicted it. At the time it may have seemed unrealistic, but those same wild predictions ended up way more realistic than those expecting less.

Will so many moving parts, many of which relatively unknown as NFL players, accurately predicting performance is less of a science and more an act of faith. You cannot say for certain that X will happen or that X will not happen. This is very much unlike years past where we had a veteran like Flacco, and his proven track record of suck. There are very little trends to go off of.

I realistically expect great things this season.

One can consider those and still hold an opinion that other might deem unrealistic. It's all highly subjective. When Mahomes threw for 5k yards and 50 TDs in his first full year, there were probably a very small few KC fans who predicted it. At the time it may have seemed unrealistic, but those same wild predictions ended up way more realistic than those expecting less.

Will so many moving parts, many of which relatively unknown as NFL players, accurately predicting performance is less of a science and more an act of faith. You cannot say for certain that X will happen or that X will not happen. This is very much unlike years past where we had a veteran like Flacco, and his proven track record of suck. There are very little trends to go off of.

I realistically expect great things this season.
    Do you really want to knit pick over someone's use of "reasonable expectations". You need to learn the difference between a casual conversation and a legal contract. But since it's so important to you to "win"...go ahead and pretend you "won".

Your entire post in a straw man fallacy. All reasonable expectations should factor in this year is unlike any other. You're making predictions not even knowing if we'll play let alone how much practice we'll have. Failing to realize this is ignorance.

Bad decisions can be winners. Playing the lottery is stupid but someone wins. And even if someone wins I can still say it's stupid based on the 50% payout, not based on who won or lost.
    Last edited by lvbronx; 05-31-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Well, there's a lot going against this rookie(and Lock because it's his first 'Im the man' off-season) class and the Broncos rookies are expected to make real contributions if it were any normal off-season.

On the positive though, there was a ton of talent added on offense so there is a high ceiling.

What are realistic expectations? I have no idea.

The schedule appears to be one of the tougher ones this year. All we can do is look at what's going on and what's been done to this point and understand it's not optimal. So there's the chance potential may not be met. With a high ceiling, it still could end up being a positive net season though
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Interesting video on Lock:

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post

A NY Giants fan who doesn't seem to like Pat Shurmur. Shurmur isn't the Head Coach, Vic Fangio is. Pat will do what Vic tells him to do or he'll be gone, too.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Interesting video on Lock:

Interesting.

Sounds like Juedy has been working out with Lock . Let's get it on !!!

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Sounds like Juedy has been working out with Lock . Let's get it on !!!
    That's good to hear, hopefully all the offense can get together and start building some continuity!! I want to see lock get in work with the O line too....