Page 142 of 152 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2266
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    He was on IR.
    Sam, I referred to him, "if he was healthy" meaning, if he could have started. But you are right to mention, because others may think the same thing. I was too brief.

I was trying to imagine his season record, if healthy, because his last 5 games were quite good, and I believe he would have won some of those close games.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Sam, I referred to him, "if he was healthy" meaning, if he could have started. But you are right to mention, because others may think the same thing. I was too brief.

I was trying to imagine his season record, if healthy, because his last 5 games were quite good, and I believe he would have won some of those close games.

Lets just say this...if we have a full season, I can see him and our team going 10 and 6. Definitely in playoff sights.

Lets just say this...if we have a full season, I can see him and our team going 10 and 6. Definitely in playoff sights.
    IF he had started at the beginning of the season (which was probably not going to happen since Flacco was still considered the starter) all sorts of things may have actually happened. I will just consider that he would not had been as prepared as he eventually was. Which could've possibly hurt his confidence if he failed. Not saying that would be the case but a myriad of scenarios may have then happened.
    It is fun to "fan-acize" about what could've been though.
    I like the situation as it is because as Bronco fans we can now speculate on the possibilities for the team in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    IF he had started at the beginning of the season (which was probably not going to happen since Flacco was still considered the starter) all sorts of things may have actually happened. I will just consider that he would not had been as prepared as he eventually was. Which could've possibly hurt his confidence if he failed. Not saying that would be the case but a myriad of scenarios may have then happened.
    It is fun to "fan-acize" about what could've been though.
    I like the situation as it is because as Bronco fans we can now speculate on the possibilities for the team in 2020.

What's your prediction if we have a full season? (This is fun stuff!)

Lock, had he been the healthy starter all year, would have QBed a team with a winning record IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Lock, had he been the healthy starter all year, would have QBed a team with a winning record IMO
    9 and 7 at worst. I'm in!

Sure. One could take his 4-1 record at the end of the season and project a twelve win season. Close losses to Chicago, Jacksonville, Indianapolis and Minnesota might have been victories with Buzz Lightyear under Center.

Coaches have commented on how studious he was while on IR resulting in his voluminous armband which produced his nickname. That could be indicative of a learning curve which might not have ascended as much at the beginning of the season had he been available.

Regardless of what if, I'm as excited as you are about his future especially since there will be new contacts at Star Command in his ear. He may turn out to be the best QB Denver has ever drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Sure. One could take his 4-1 record at the end of the season and project a twelve win season. Close losses to Chicago, Jacksonville, Indianapolis and Minnesota might have been victories with Buzz Lightyear under Center.

Coaches have commented on how studious he was while on IR resulting in his voluminous armband which produced his nickname. That could be indicative of a learning curve which might not have ascended as much at the beginning of the season had he been available.

Regardless of what if, I'm as excited as you are about his future especially since there will be new contacts at Star Command in his ear. He may turn out to be the best QB Denver has ever drafted.
    You make a very valid point...he may not have been as ready as he was when he started. His apparent learning curve, ability to consume information and strong desire to improve himself, might have made for a better result. Although I would have liked to see him a bit sooner.

Regardless, the culmination of all the above makes for a promising season, and in his case, a very promising career!

Do you folks ever wonder what our record would have been had he played the entire season? I am not going to extrapolate the 4 of 5 winning record, because we would be talking 12 wins or so. But if you can recall, we lost some very close games. My feeling is, if he was healthy, he would have had a couple of bumps, but I would not be surprised had we finished at least 9 and 7, or 10 and 6....

….....or as they say, playoffs!
    Im a firm advocate of your path leads you to where you are. Maybe it would have been a magical season. Maybe he would have struggled early on. Who knows, it could have gone a million different directions.

My point is that it turned out the way it did and as of right now, were all very excited about our young, budding QB. If it went another way, we might be looking at bringing in yet another FA QB (yuck)

As it turns out, were finally looking at an offseason where QB isnt an issue. Yay!

What's your prediction if we have a full season? (This is fun stuff!)
    For 2020 season I am optimistic and will say 10-6, eek into the playoffs and even win one.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I’m a firm advocate of “your path leads you to where you are”. Maybe it would have been a magical season. Maybe he would have struggled early on. Who knows, it could have gone a million different directions.

My point is that it turned out the way it did and as of right now, we’re all very excited about our young, budding QB. If it went another way, we might be looking at bringing in yet another FA QB (yuck)

As it turns out, we’re finally looking at an offseason where QB isn’t an issue. Yay!
    Like my wife says, timing is one of the major factors in life.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    For 2020 season I am optimistic and will say 10-6, eek into the playoffs and even win one.
    That's how I see it, give or take a playoff win.

I believe Drew Lock is the real deal normally you can tell by there attitude and work ethic on how far they go. He has both with a leaders mentality and a great physical gifts. I think we go back and look at last years draft and say Lock is the biggest steal there. He finally found a guy with the physical skill set he values. But the mental game that lynch and OS lacked. Also Lock has the it factor. We are looking at our starting qb for the next 15 years I believe and he will lead this franchise pretty far and we will get our 4th sb in this time

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I believe Drew Lock is the real deal normally you can tell by there attitude and work ethic on how far they go. He has both with a leaders mentality and a great physical gifts. I think we go back and look at last years draft and say Lock is the biggest steal there. He finally found a guy with the physical skill set he values. But the mental game that lynch and OS lacked. Also Lock has the it factor. We are looking at our starting qb for the next 15 years I believe and he will lead this franchise pretty far and we will get our 4th sb in this time
    Yup....and there were only a few of us that wanted him @ 10 !!

I think he is a good QB. But it takes two or three years, I think, to establish yourself as a legitimate NFL QB. Let's see him lead our team to multiple winning seasons, and possibly a couple playoff wins.
    Then we will know if we have a legitimate franchise QB.