• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • listopencil
    Revenant
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I mean....three starts between them? What is there to prepare for? And everyone knew Lock was starting. Pretty sure there’s a google machine in LA.
    If Allen was starting then they knew they just had to defend the one guy he looked at every passing play.

I'm kidding. Don't hate me, Allen lovers.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

• Butler By'Note
      Super Moderator
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
      If Scangarello's 'aggressive & creative' play calling extended past the 1st QTR Lock would've easily passed for over 300yds today but...
      My problem with his play calling is it's too reliant on the run game. Today the run game isn't going which takes away the majority of their passing game. And the run game is scattergun. Aggression and creativity are great but you need to have base plays that you can go to and count on no matter what. The run game isn't going, so we start calling play X (whether it's a lead or off tackle, whatever) over and over because we know that we can always get 3-4 on it, because it's one of our 10 base plays. Then based on the base play going a little bit you can add a play action off of it, then when they're keying on that you can start calling an end around from it. etc.

They need those base plays that are the pillar of the O, then build the rest off of that. If the game plan is getting beaten up, go to the base plays. Things have dried up...go to the base.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
        Banned User
        • Dec 2015

Right? I mean, if any DC knows the smell of vanilla, they know Scangarello and what he’s bringing to the table.
        I want the coaching to have continuity however he has to show some growth.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
          Banned User
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by LASERLIPS View Post
          Sad but true. Zero creativity. Zero aggression. Zero feel for momentum in a game.

Lock showed flashes of potential as a franchise guy today, but honestly my concern is the guy who is calling the plays is going to hold him back.
          Same here.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
            Banned User
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
            If Scangarello's 'aggressive & creative' play calling extended past the 1st QTR Lock would've easily passed for over 300yds today but...
            Good point. It’s hard to really know what Lock could have done. At least they got the win and Lock got the first game experience.

Comment

• Oust_Elway
              Practice Squad
              • Feb 2019

Agree with a lot of what has already been said...

I thought he did fine. Play calls were ridiculously conservative later in the game and did him no favors.

Lets see some more! Let the kid throw coach. The Lock era has begun!

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                team preacher
                • Mar 2008

The best way to protect an inexperienced quarterback is to go run heavy and minimize his chances of making a mistake. As ugly as the second half ways it was the right game plan. They’ll open up the playbook more as he gets a better handle on the defense. Scangarello did the same thing last year in San Fran and people praised him for it.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• 58Miller
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jul 2013

I mean....three starts between them? What is there to prepare for? And everyone knew Lock was starting. Pretty sure there’s a google machine in LA.
                  No reason to announce starter, media is like a nosey neighbor.
                  sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
                    The MOD Who Laughs
                    • Apr 2011

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

• JW7
                      Captain
                      • Apr 2009

Just got back from the game. Cowardly playcalling. Can't tell if Lock is good or not because we have the mindset of playing not to lose. This team has had that mindset for far too long. I understand that Lock is making his first start but playing timid is a loser mentality and almost cost us the game.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                        Captain
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                        That's pretty awesome.

Comment

• fraguela09
                          Byner of Buckner?
                          • Oct 2006

It sure if this was a Cutler, Oz or what sort of debut. But the kid has the 5 things you want in a franchise QB:

1- Arm strength
                          2- Athleticism
                          3- Leadership intangibles
                          4- Football IQ / Love of game
                          5- Willingness to work hard

How much of each? Elite level or just enough? Point is, he checks all the boxes here... Where this takes this kid? IDK. Can he read defenses in real-time and make quality decisions? Can he be accurate? Clutch?

Let’s give him a shot tho... Go get him a LT, don’t chase Cam or another vet, and let him start every game from now until end of next season.

We’ll know what we have then...
                          Last edited by fraguela09; 12-01-2019, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Bronco51
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                            No reason to announce starter, media is like a nosey neighbor.
                            By doing their job? Allen or Lock is not some state secret that tilts the scales either way. And my point was more that the no nonsense coach is now admitting they had no good reason to not name Lock, just playing silly games.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                              Traveling Mod
                              • Mar 2010

By doing their job? Allen or Lock is not some state secret that tilts the scales either way. And my point was more that the no nonsense coach is now admitting they had no good reason to not name Lock, just playing silly games.
                              He didn't need a reason.
                              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• JvDub95
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                                It sure if this was a Cutler, Oz or what sort of debut. But the kid has the 5 things you want in a franchise QB:

1- Arm strength
                                2- Athleticism
                                3- Leadership intangibles
                                4- Football IQ / Love of game
                                5- Willingness to work hard

How much of each? Elite level or just enough? Point is, he checks all the boxes here... Where this takes this kid? IDK. Can he read defenses in real-time and make quality decisions? Can he be accurate? Clutch?

Let’s give him a shot tho... Go get him a LT, don’t chase Cam or another vet, and let him start every game from now until end of next season.

We’ll know what we have then...
                                I think he is more than accurate enough. Every QB has miss throws so I'm not worried about that. It's not like he is over or under throwing every pass. That pick he threw was pretty stupid but what I liked is it clearly didn't effect him. He shrugged it off and kept fighting, that's the type head strong QB I want

​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X