Page 38 of 66 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
    The oline is bad , but it's not so bad as to not start Lock. Flacco has made things worse for the line imo. He doesnt move, wont step up . Flacco is done put a fork on him. Guy had a good NFL career. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Precisely, why not? This season is over, so let’s get a youth movement going and start assessing for this upcoming offseason. Even if Lock doesn’t look great, it will still give us something interesting to watch and root for. This is not a playoff team, so let’s get our young buck out there and see what we got.
    Because I don't think there is any way you can throw him out there with this line. We are liable to get him really hurt. Not to mention, I think it would be very bad for his development. I think we would be doing him more harm then good, and I don't think we would get any kind of good evaluation time.

IMO whether it is him or another young qb, before we think about moving on, we need to fix our line issues. Let Flacco take the heat until then.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Because I don't think there is any way you can throw him out there with this line. We are liable to get him really hurt. Not to mention, I think it would be very bad for his development. I think we would be doing him more harm then good, and I don't think we would get any kind of good evaluation time.

IMO whether it is him or another young qb, before we think about moving on, we need to fix our line issues. Let Flacco take the heat until then.
    Though I agree the Oline is not good, there have been many instances where a little mobility can overcome some pressure.

I can admit that Iím simply completely bored with watching an old immobile QB. I really canít stand the idea of marching Flacco out there for a couple more years while we hide our young QB on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    We need a change, throw him in there, let him throw picks, struggle a bit and learn.
    Peyton set the interception record in his rookie year.
    There Shouldn't be much pressure on him the rest of this year.
    So why not?
    The only why not I can think of is that he isn't ready. Lock looked as raw as Paxton Lynch in the preseason. If we throw him out there before he's ready, it could severely undermine his development. I can definitely see how starting Lock this year leads to Lock being cut 2 seasons later.

We should consider starting Allen or Rypien. There's less invested there so if they aren't franchise passers, we can move on from them quite easily. It's obvious Flacco needs to no longer be QB1. The fan base is losing interest as are our best players. CHJ seems ready to check out. If we're asking why not, I'm thinking why not give Allen and Rypien a chance to show if they can hack it in the NFL.

Granted, neither of them have shown much in their preseason opportunities, but at least they're young. At least they'll be hungry for an opportunity. At least they will have some fire.

Lock is probably gonna start this year. And I hope he goes out and plays way above expectations. But I think it's too soon to start him. Elway loves to draft project QBs. Osweiler, Lynch, and now Lock. So far, we haven't seen our young QBs properly developed. I just don't want to see Lock out of the league as quick as the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post

Drew Lock will be an UFA by the time John Elway and the FO build a good line - if they can actually build one.

Quarterbacks arenít glass dolls meant to be put on a shelf. Drew Lock had a porous line at Missouri and receivers notorious for dropped balls. In fact, some of his best throws against good SEC defenses were dropped. As a true freshman he beat out an experienced backup and was put into action when Mauk went down.

Letís not forget the controversy at Missouri during his freshman year with the Chancellor and President of the university. Lock dealt with the adversity and improved every season. He isnít a guy easily rattled - not someone who loses confidence.

Mahomesí ankle was banged up before last Thursday night. Did Andy Reid sideline him because his ankle was banged up? No. Mahomes dislocated his patella on a goal line sneak last Thursday night. Even the best can go down on a freak play.

Did the Jets wait for some mythical moment in time to start Sam Darnold? Their line wasnít good and they put their 2nd round pick on the field. They had a journeyman QB they could have started. If anyone could make an argument for protecting their investment it would have been the Jets.

Flacco, if anything, is limiting the development of young players. He almost took out Lindsay with that half you know what dump off.

Time to evaluate Drew Lock.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-20-2019 at 10:53 AM.

In years past I was always of the opinion that you can't just throw rook QB's out there before they're ready.

But my opinion has changed. I've seen too many rookie QB's doing just fine....... and not 1st round pick QB's either. Granted their teams OLs are probably better than ours ....... but the Broncos have gone how many years now with little to no improvement on the offense. Because of my lack of confidence in elway and fixing our problem and the fact that these young QBs have been relatively successful......... I say put him out there.

Who has time to wait around another 3 years only to learn the our drafted QB sucks. ... or doesn't
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

For anyone who believes Lock cannot handle himself, go back and watch his play during preseason:

https://youtu.be/JPw0WZ_nkSU

These arenít just the highlights - this cut includes bad throws as well. One of the things you immediately see is how calm he was on several of the plays. When he needed the check down he got the ball out. There were a couple of impressive short passes putting the ball in the only place it could be caught by the receiver.

Look at the plays:

0:06
    0:17
    0:49 > RPO, a play you can run with Lock
    1:00
    1:51
    1:59 > run, Flacco would have been sacked
    2:14
    2:49 > TE
    3:04 > mobility
    3:14 > no panic
    4:23
    4:44 > tight window for 2 pt play

There are a few bad throws, but how many rookie quarterbacks donít make poor throws/decisions? Or veterans for that matter.

Before anyone throws out the, ďHe was playing against backupsĒ line, keep in mind was playing behind backups and depth skill players. Players being rotated constantly for evaluation.

Get him reps, put him on the field and send Flacco packing.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-20-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Some people I just do understand with this "please dont put lock out the behind this line. He will get killed blah blah blah." Why the hell not??? A lot of you thought he was a top 10 pick. If he was he would play behind this line
    Kyler Murray, dj, haskins played behind bad lines. Stop making excuses for lock. Or you only want to see what a qb can do behind this mythical perfect oline comes about. So only he can play is to have the best line in the nfl. If that's the case he is not a franchise qb. I never wanted him bc I don't think he will pan out.

The ones that want him to sit are just looking to by time for his issues and hope he can work it out in the off season.

Why wait we need to know if we need a qb or he did good enough to give him next year. Stop with these excuses if hes the qb some of you think he is then he will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Some people I just do understand with this "please dont put lock out the behind this line. He will get killed blah blah blah." Why the hell not??? A lot of you thought he was a top 10 pick. If he was he would play behind this line
    Kyler Murray, dj, haskins played behind bad lines. Stop making excuses for lock. Or you only want to see what a qb can do behind this mythical perfect oline comes about. So only he can play is to have the best line in the nfl. If that's the case he is not a franchise qb. I never wanted him bc I don't think he will pan out.

The ones that want him to sit are just looking to by time for his issues and hope he can work it out in the off season.

Why wait we need to know if we need a qb or he did good enough to give him next year. Stop with these excuses if hes the qb some of you think he is then he will be just fine.
    NFL players, including quarterbacks, are not glass dolls. They are not meant to be put on a shelf to be kept in pristine condition.

Keeping Flacco in there limits the development of other players, not only Lock. I canít imagine how demoralizing it must be for guys like Hamilton to be wide open, only to see Flacco hold the ball, run like heís in two feet of mud and take sack after sack.

Get Lock on the field. If he flashes potential to be the guy, great. If he doesnít, what have the Broncos lost? How does anyone really know without putting him out there? If he doesnít work out, fine.

I want to see Lock too, but heís not ready.

All i can go off is what I saw in preseason and Lock look just like a college Qb tryii i my to pick up a new offense.
    He had bad pocket presence, and bad mechanics when pressured.
    Kid needs work, this week he can start practice.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I want to see Lock too, but heís not ready.

All i can go off is what I saw in preseason and Lock look just like a college Qb tryii i my to pick up a new offense.
    Flacco also has bad pocket presence and bad mechanics when pressured.

i feel like you could say any one who saw lock in preseason should know he is not the QB of the future unless he gets alot of reps

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Good or bad, let him learn and take his lumps this year, and be ready to go week 1 next year.

I want to see Lock too, but he’s not ready.

The only way someone can get ready is to go out and play. That is extremely unrealistic to expect him to go out and start running a perfect offense. At this point, you aren't playing to win games any longer. Not at 2-5 and with the schedule getting even worse. Now you play the players for the future so that next season, when there's a chance we are more competitive, Lock has gotten the reps he needed to improve, or we have seen enough that is it obvious that we need to use a high pick on a QB.

I'm sorry, but this isn't that hard to figure out.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I want to see Lock too, but he’s not ready.

Dude you saw two games and one he didn't even start yet. Were you at there practices, in film study?

Hell flacco isn't ready and he is out there. Excuses, excuses.