Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    I don't think it's quite that black or white, as everyone is different, and learns and grows differently. Will some quarterbacks respond positively to extreme adversity during their rookie season? Sure. Could some become developmentally hindered by extreme adversity during their rookie year - that's also a possibility. Even the best soldiers can become shell shocked given enough bombardment.

It boils down to risk. Are we willing to risk that to see what we have in Lock behind a porous line?
    The porous line looks worse because of Flacco. Is the line great, no but the issues are magnified by Flacco. Over the last couple of games there were lanes open for Flacco to run. He either wouldn’t go or was too slow. Last Thursday night Flacco held the ball too long on multiple plays. There were a couple of sacks because he wouldn’t throw to Freeman on a swing route, or Heuerman on a quick out. Lock has athletic ability and arm strength to overcome pressure (see pass to Nick Williams in the Seattle game) or run for positive yards.

Ja’Wuan James returns this Sunday which should shore up the right side. They can slide protection to the left or provide help. The line will never be perfect - don’t let perfect get in the way of progress. Playing Lock would give him experience for 2020 and allow the Broncos to preview his abilities in regular season.

Obviously Elway is going in another direction. He’s bringing back Tim Patrick as soon as they believe he’s ready. Elway said they’ll go week to week with respect to the other players on IR. Elway hasn’t shown the any ability develop a quarterback, rest assured he’s got this one figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    We don't know how bad this offensive line really is because they have had inept quarterback play for the better part of 4 seasons now.

But even if the offensive line is bad, and Lock gets hit or throws picks and we continue to lose, so what? This is a bad football team and waiting for the perfect moment to put him in is an exercise in futility at this point because as long as the quarterback play is mediocre it'll never feel like a good time to put him in.

You're not building your team around Flacco and until you know what Lock can and can't do, you can't build your team around him either.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this and its why I think we should start Allen. At this point it should be clearly evident to anyone watching that Flacco is no longer a capable NFL starter. We need to start seeing what our other QBs can do and if they want let Lock sit, then they should give Allen a shot.

They need to stop wasting time with Flacco. We have some young pieces on offense that need to grow and develop, but can't do that if the offense is being led by a has been that seems more interested in collecting a paycheck than playing to win.

Time to give one of the younger guys a chance. They're hungry. They're sitting there waiting for the chance to live their dream of being an NFL QB. We should give them their shot and see if they can inject some life into the offense. And if they can't, it's not like we're blowing a chance at the playoffs. I don't see any good reason to continue to spin our wheels with a washed up retread.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with this and its why I think we should start Allen. At this point it should be clearly evident to anyone watching that Flacco is no longer a capable NFL starter. We need to start seeing what our other QBs can do and if they want let Lock sit, then they should give Allen a shot.

They need to stop wasting time with Flacco. We have some young pieces on offense that need to grow and develop, but can't do that if the offense is being led by a has been that seems more interested in collecting a paycheck than playing to win.

Time to give one of the younger guys a chance. They're hungry. They're sitting there waiting for the chance to live their dream of being an NFL QB. We should give them their shot and see if they can inject some life into the offense. And if they can't, it's not like we're blowing a chance at the playoffs. I don't see any good reason to continue to spin our wheels with a washed up retread.
    I totally agree with you. I think the FO and coaching staff wholeheartedly disagrees with both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I totally agree with you. I think the FO and coaching staff wholeheartedly disagrees with both of us.
    I'm very curious how much longer the staff can go watching our offense underperform with Flacco. We just scored 6 points at home against an opponent that was reeling on defense.

At what point do they say a change is most beneficial? Do they really wait until we're eliminated? Do they really waste most of this year starting a guy that should be retired very soon? They have to give one of the young guys a look soon.

I'm very curious how much longer the staff can go watching our offense underperform with Flacco. We just scored 6 points at home against an opponent that was reeling on defense.

At what point do they say a change is most beneficial? Do they really wait until we're eliminated? Do they really waste most of this year starting a guy that should be retired very soon? They have to give one of the young guys a look soon.
    As of now, the plan IS to play Flacco until we are mathematically eliminated, and even then Lock or Allen may not play.

Looking at recent history and the overall message from the FO, yes they plan on sticking with Flacco for the remainder of the season. I also think he’s the plan going into next season as well, unless they bring in another vet QB in the offseason.

Looking at recent history and the overall message from the FO, yes they plan on sticking with Flacco for the remainder of the season. I also think he’s the plan going into next season as well, unless they bring in another vet QB in the offseason.
    The offense has scored 22 combined points in our last two home games. They cannot stick with Flacco if the offense keeps putting up numbers like that. They will have to make a change at some point.

Well if you think the Broncos offense is bad this year remember what it looked like when Emmanuel Sanders got hurt? OMG they traded him lol. Locke makes Paxton Lnych look like a starter and has a long way to go to even be a quality NFL back up let alone start. 2020 is deep with qbs hint... hint.

All I keep hearing is excuses after excuses after excuses. Lock need to play period blank. There is no need for him not to.

One of the biggest things most was saying about lock before the draft is "he is a 4 years STARTER" and he has more experience than Murray and Haskins. Then put him in. Murray has less experience, WORST offense line (if you try to argue that, that shows me a lot). Has a first time head coach too, new staff. And less offense to work with.

Why can't lock do the same??? You can't judge how the oline is playing when joe starts and say hey their gonna get lock killed.

Did that happen in Carolina??? Cam was taking sack left and right. Now you dont hear anything about the line.

Stop making lame excuses. He is a QUARTERBACK, if you draft him have the same confidence and play him.

If Elway drafted him in the 2nd round to sit the bench and learn for 2-3 years behind a washed up qb proves even more. ELWAY NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!

Lock is basically a dead issue with this team. It’s looking more and more like they will keep him on IR. Even if they take him off IR, he still “won’t be ready”.

No way they activate Rypien off the PS and give up another roster spot.

That leaves Allen. Who I highly doubt I will get a legit shot.

Anyone hoping to see a QB change probably shouldn’t hold their breath.

Lock is basically a dead issue with this team. It’s looking more and more like they will keep him on IR. Even if they take him off IR, he still “won’t be ready”.

No way they activate Rypien off the PS and give up another roster spot.

That leaves Allen. Who I highly doubt I will get a legit shot.

Anyone hoping to see a QB change probably shouldn’t hold their breath.
    Joe should stay this year and next year if that's the case. I'm not big on not of the qbs coming out in 2020.

"Joe fits the bill for us you get Justin fields. "

Drew finally to start practicing this week....

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    If I could put a gif in it would be of kip from Napoleon Dynamite doing the arm pump and saying YES!

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Yawn...................

I guess now we see how Allen does these next couple weeks. If he is average to below average or any worse Drew needs to start RG final 4-5 games of the season.