Page 138 of 140 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I'm lazy, not very computer savvy, and really only look at Bronco stuff. BUT....anyone have stats or info on how Lock compares to Haskins who numerous folks wanted vrs. Lock ? Thank you in advance
    Dwayne Haskins active nine games started seven 2-5 record 203 att. 119 comp. 58.6% 7 TD 7 INT

Drew Lock active five games started five games 4-1 record 156 att. 100 comp. 64.1% 7 TD 3 INT
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Per Elway today:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. ó After posting a 4-1 record in his five starts at quarterback, it appears Drew Lock has done enough to earn the Broncosí starting job in 2020.

ďI donít see any [other] options right now,Ē President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway said Monday.

ďObviously he finished and did a heck of a job and won four out of five games and played well, but heís still got a long way to go. Heís still got a lot of work to do, but weíre excited about where Drew is.

Donít like to show our hand, but I think itís unrealistic to say weíre going in a different direction."

Yeah!!!
    He was asked a lot of questions about players in the pressers I have watched but the thing I like most about what I saw in the Vic+Elway presser was they both want to wait and allow the emotional biases (good and bad) of the season to subside before going in and evaluating the team performance of 2019.

The leaders need to answer questions and things like this probably will not change but the fact the team will evaluate like this is a good sign because a honest opinion of where one is now is key to helping one overcome weakness and build skill.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    All true! I can't help but believe we have found our franchise QB.
    I been watching tons of pressers so I am so excited about 2020!

Really happy how much support Lock has gotten from PM. Apparently the discussion Lock had with PM before the Houston game was key in helping Lock understand some things about playing on the road against the a tough opponent.

Lock said PM is quick to get back to him when Lock reaches out to PM for advice.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended

Lock has made the right moves every step of the way. Hopefully he continues.

This is by no means a complete stat, but lets look at the Passer Rate for a number of rookies:

Minshew - 91.7 (he was a less likely commodity but did quite well)
    Lock - 89.7
    Jones - 87.7
    Murray - 87.4
    Haskins - 76.1
    Hodges - 71.4
    Blough - 64.0
    Finlay - 62.1

No doubt Lock's 4 and 1 record was the best of the bunch, and this on a team that was 3 and 8 when he started. As I mentioned previously, he has only 3 pics and 5 sacks in 5 games, which are fabulous ratios for a rookie. Just 0.6 and 1.0 per game respectively!

Further to...if we just look at a mini Haskins comparison:

Lock - 1.9% interceptions per pass / 3.2% sacks per pass

Haskins - 3.4% interceptions for pass / 14.3% sacks per pass

Some of it has to do with Olines, play design, etc. but I would guess that Lock's style, quick release, awareness and mobility have something to do with it.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-31-2019 at 12:40 PM.

This is by no means a complete stat, but lets look at the Passer Rate for a number of rookies:

Minshew - 91.7 (he was a less likely commodity but did quite well)
    Lock - 89.7
    Jones - 87.7
    Murray - 87.4
    Haskins - 76.1
    Hodges - 71.4
    Blough - 64.0
    Finlay - 62.1

No doubt Lock's 4 and 1 record was the best of the bunch, and this on a team that was 3 and 8 when he started. As I mentioned previously, he has only 3 pics and 5 sacks in 5 games, which are fabulous ratios for a rookie. Just 0.6 and 1.0 per game respectively!
    I think with another year and Lock's attitude he will do even better. We give him some talent on the OL with the pieces we already have at RB+FB+WR+TE and he will do better still.

Some of it has to do with Olines, play design, etc. but I would guess that Lock's style, quick release, awareness and mobility have something to do with it.
    When I look at these rookies and the factors you listed, all of them had bad offensive lines, I am calling that a wash. It's also too hard to be fully aware of every quarterbacks offensive play-callers tendencies, but I know personally, I don't think Scrangerello was very good at his job this year, and I believe he could have done more to help Lock out. I also believe everyone of them has plenty enough talent to be succesful in the NFL, arm talent, mobility, etc.

So, the biggest thing which makes Lock stand above the pack, and I see as the most impressive trait he displayed over the other rookies, his awareness. Daniel Jones was a turnover machine, had no awareness in the pocket, and honestly despite some pretty impressive individual games statistically, he didn't look like the smart quarterback he was advertised to be. I will take what Lock put up over Haskins and Jones, and those are the two guys I am going to measure him against throughout his career. And, at the end of year 1, I believe he is ahead of the other 2, the future is bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I think with another year and Lock's attitude he will do even better. We give him some talent on the OL with the pieces we already have at RB+FB+WR+TE and he will do better still.
    I completely agree. In fact, for a rookie, I thought he really had no significant issues. I hear about foot work, but he was quite accurate, while throwing darts....and mobile. Not a lot of concern, given he has the right attitude, including being coached, and working with receivers this offseason.

IMO, he will be a top 10 QB within 1-2 years,

One more intangible perhaps....I think Lock will carry a small chip with him, like Brady and others, because he believed he was a first rounder. Second round is not bad, but I do believe it will keep his motivation level up for most if not all his career. He will definitely want to be the best QB of his class.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-31-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Lock was fairly consistent in what he did in his 5 games, I think Murray was too. Other rookies and first time starting QBs started strong (Minshew, Jones, Allen, etc) and then faded hard while I think Haskins was the only to look overwhelmed but start to figure it out and finished the season strong.

5 games is a small sample size but I donít think Lock would have fell off a cliff like some of the other QBs did. Based off this season I think Lock will be the best of this group next season with Murray and Haskins fighting hard for the 2 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I been watching tons of pressers so I am so excited about 2020!

Really happy how much support Lock has gotten from PM. Apparently the discussion Lock had with PM before the Houston game was key in helping Lock understand some things about playing on the road against the a tough opponent.

Lock said PM is quick to get back to him when Lock reaches out to PM for advice.
    Absolutely love it. The kid is reaching out to good resources and itís paying off. He is showing some good dedication and work ethic. Iím looking for a strong offseason and entertaining football in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I'm lazy, not very computer savvy, and really only look at Bronco stuff. BUT....anyone have stats or info on how Lock compares to Haskins who numerous folks wanted vrs. Lock ? Thank you in advance
    To all my Bronco friends......thank you for all the input. I'm fairly educated in understanding football as I've followed John Elway all along and watched almost every single game of his and every Bronco game after his retirement as well. { thank you nfl ticket } Not as knowledgeable as many of you who played and coached though.....I saw something in Lock and vocalized pretty heavily in the draft section last year about us picking him.....Can and Papa were both equally vocal as well. Who knows what the future will bring....but.......so far.....so good. Thanks again for all the posts.
    Last edited by skeeter01; 12-31-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Need to fix the OL. Draft or FA donít care. We need a speed guy at WR to stretch the field.

I knew Lock had the talent. It was how he developed and what his mindset and work ethic would be. So far, I am impressed. I am excited to see how things progress next year.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    I knew Lock had the talent. It was how he developed and what his mindset and work ethic would be. So far, I am impressed. I am excited to see how things progress next year.
    He already said he is staying in the area during the off-season to work on things. The fact that he already has an off-season plan with Scangarelo is huge. I'm really excited for next year too, every Bronco fan should be!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    He already said he is staying in the area during the off-season to work on things. The fact that he already has an off-season plan with Scangarelo is huge. I'm really excited for next year too, every Bronco fan should be!!!
    His apparent work ethic is very impressive. Iím looking for a solid offseason from the kid. I think it will pay off. Heís already reached out to PFM and is using the resources around him quite effectively. Iím very impressed with how heís conducting himself.