Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2276
    For what it’s worth Chad Ochocinco says we have 3 legit No. 1 WRs in Sutton, Jeudy, and Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    For what it’s worth Chad Ochocinco says we have 3 legit No. 1 WRs in Sutton, Jeudy, and Hamler
    ?Los Nuevos Tres Amigos?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I think it was the video JT O’Sullivan did (think that’s his name). Watching him in college he did it more often and I believe he used it to compensate for his arm strength
    In rewatching Lock's 2019 games, I saw this a lot. He was pressured quickly in the KC game especially, but I saw it in all games when pressured (which was a lot of the time - the pass protection was truly awful at times). I hope the interior upgrades will give him more time to step up instead of float back/sideways to buy time, but I'm still worried about the edges. I love Lock's mobility and his ability to make a play under duress, but he's going to be a LOT more accurate and win more games if he doesn't have to rely on his arm while running backwards or sideways.

According to Bleacher Report, Lock has the 10th best supporting cast in the league.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-cast-for-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    According to Bleacher Report, Lock has the 10th best supporting cast in the league.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-cast-for-2020
    By the year's end, I think they"ll be considered more of a top 5 group than top 10. That being said, top 10 is still pretty good for being largely unproven!

https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bro...this-offseason In Drew I Trust !! How can you not be Excited !!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    By the year's end, I think they"ll be considered more of a top 5 group than top 10. That being said, top 10 is still pretty good for being largely unproven!
    Agreed. Major upgrade on offense this off-season.

I will believe it when I see it. Its all hype at this point. The Broncos need to be a playoff team year after year for a few years, then I will be drinking the koolaid.
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 06-19-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bro...this-offseason In Drew I Trust !! How can you not be Excited !!
    I do not think it is a reach to think the offense will improve just because scoring wise it has been so bad for so long.

We may not be top 10 in scoring but even if we are more explosive and maybe 14-17th in scoring we will have a far better offense than we have seen since 2014.

Luckily with the talent we can actually hope for a top 10 or maybe top 5 but just to improve we do not need to be that good in 2020.

Now 2021...we better be talking about top 5 imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I will believe it when I see it. Its all hype at this point. The Broncos need to be a playoff team year after year for a few years, then I will be drinking the koolaid.
    This is where I'm at. They have a lot of pieces in place but it is going to take a lot of work to turn that into a team.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    This is where I'm at. They have a lot of pieces in place but it is going to take a lot of work to turn that into a team.
    I typically am a “ prove it” type of person too. I agree, so far these players have done nothing to earn some of the hype.

But on the flip side. I am cautiously optimistic. If the team can stay healthy I think they have a great shot at being pretty good on offense. Especially if Lock can be a consistent QB. He doesn’t have to be the MVP just “better” then the Broncos have had in recent years.

“Improved” doesn’t have to mean top 10 scoring. It can mean more first downs and less 3 and outs. It means controlling the ball and flipping fields for the defense. It means an extra FG or TD a game. It means not being 28th in the league and scoring 17 pts a game.

We’ll see if they can make it work on the field. IMO they have a great chance of doing so. As I said, cautiously optimistic.

I'm worried too much emotion and optimism is being invested into Drew Lock very early on in light of what we've seen over the past few years. If he stumbles as learns and progresses next season, god help him when the knee jerk fan sentiment comes full swing. I'll anxiously be waiting for that on this forum and MHR.com.
    I believe.

If you guys would watch the process for the beauty it is, you'd have a lot more fun watching drew lock

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    If you guys would watch the process for the beauty it is, you'd have a lot more fun watching drew lock
    Seconded. The learning and growth that we will see alongside the potential struggles will be entertaining in itself.

That being said, while I expect Lock to make massive strides and be largely an above average QB in 2020, I don't demand it. I only expect it because I'm just that confident in Lock, his work ethic, his system fit, and the players around him.

Realistically, though, a ton of struggles wouldn't be unprecedented and I won't be quick to hop off the bandwagon if those come more frequently than his successes, at least early on.

IMO 2020 is a year of growth for Lock and the young offense as a whole. I expect it to be a quick process, culminating in 2020 success, but really, as long as things look to be moving in the right direction come season's end, I will be okay with 8-8 and an average season all around.

Part of my optimism for Lock’s success is my belief the surrounding cast is significantly better. Not just Lock learning how to be a professional.

IMO the Oline has been upgraded and has the potential to pretty good of James returns and overall they can be healthy. Much deeper on paper this year then the makeshift lineups they were forced into last year.

As for the RBs and WRs. Much deeper and dynamic. A one /two punch of Gordon and Lindsey has potential. A much deeper and more importantly more explosive WR group changes how defenses prepare for the Broncos.

I fully expect to see Lock have some ups and downs next season. But overall a much improved option over some of the other QBs trotted out the last couple years.

He may have a lot to learn but he has a much better foundation to work with. That makes a difference. IMO