Page 117 of 140 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2095
    The kid is definitely checking a lot of boxes. Paxton was a bust, heís gone, itís over.

Iím just happy that we finally have a chance to watch a talented young QB develop.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    The kid is definitely checking a lot of boxes. Paxton was a bust, heís gone, itís over.

Iím just happy that we finally have a chance to watch a talented young QB develop.
    It's about time !

Drew Lock named NFL Rookie of the week. Way to go Drew!

https://www.facebook.com/12949462631...18?d=n&sfns=mo

[QUOTE=broncoslover115;5860655]Drew Lock named NFL Rookie of the week. Way to go Drew!

https://www.facebook.com/12949462631...18?d=n&sfns=mo[/Q
    The good news keeps coming with Drew

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Drew Lock named NFL Rookie of the week. Way to go Drew!

https://www.facebook.com/12949462631...18?d=n&sfns=mo

Oh Yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Lock is using his arm strength/talent to make some of those "lucky" completions. That will probably catch up to him if he relies on that too much in the future. He needs to work on his footwork, there were a lot of plays that he was throwing backing up on his heels, on his back foot etc. but he has the arm to still make the play. Hopefully next season we will see a lot less of that but, sometimes with pressure on him he has and will have no option if he is to make a play. On the INT he did stare down the WR and actually pumped the ball and then threw it, he should've probably threw it sooner, I hope he learns from that play. He has a great arm but he needs to use it wiser sometimes and especially in future games.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Lock is using his arm strength/talent to make some of those "lucky" completions. That will probably catch up to him if he relies on that too much in the future. He needs to work on his footwork, there were a lot of plays that he was throwing backing up on his heels, on his back foot etc. but he has the arm to still make the play. Hopefully next season we will see a lot less of that but, sometimes with pressure on him he has and will have no option if he is to make a play. On the INT he did stare down the WR and actually pumped the ball and then threw it, he should've probably threw it sooner, I hope he learns from that play. He has a great arm but he needs to use it wiser sometimes and especially in future games.
    Well, he's getting lots of praise for having reworked his footwork already. For only starting in 2 games I think there is mountains of room for improvement out of him. Scoring points and winning games, that's all that matters and so far he is well above expectations. I couldn't be more excited about next season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I'm not sure. I've researched that play a few times and from the angle behind Lock it certainly looks like he was "locked" on the receiver from the moment the ball was snapped and you immediately see the safety break toward the route.

You're absolutely right about the footwork though. He's got the arm strength in spades but having his feet set and in the right direction will help his accuracy.
    Last edited by Rastic; 12-14-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Drew Lock has great coaches and is coachable. He has a lot of upside.

I am thrilled with lock

His physical ability is on par with pax and above every other QB we have had since cutler

But the mental side of his game is above them all aside from manning

He works hard unlike pax
    He studies the game and playbook unlike pax

To be unable to practice and get the reps in this offense for 11 weeks and then within two weeks have the most open playbook we have seen all season is testimony to his desire to work and learn

I have full faith lock will be the franchise for the foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I am thrilled with lock

His physical ability is on par with pax and above every other QB we have had since cutler

But the mental side of his game is above them all aside from manning

He works hard unlike pax
    He studies the game and playbook unlike pax

To be unable to practice and get the reps in this offense for 11 weeks and then within two weeks have the most open playbook we have seen all season is testimony to his desire to work and learn

I have full faith lock will be the franchise for the foreseeable future
    You can really tell he busted his butt off while injured to learn and improve.

I hope he continues to go and improve. I love his personality and would love to see him under center (and shotgun) for years to come.

I just wish we'd gone to him earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You can really tell he busted his butt off while injured to learn and improve.

I hope he continues to go and improve. I love his personality and would love to see him under center (and shotgun) for years to come.

I just wish we'd gone to him earlier.
    I don't, he may not have had enough time if he came back earlier to develop to where he is now. Perfectly fine with what we've got (although yeah it would have been nice to make the playoffs).

Physically I think he's pretty far ahead of Paxton Lynch. Lynch was just tall and lanky. Mentally (in terms of understanding the game) he's probably already ahead of every QB we've had since Plummer, besides Peyton of course.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Letís be honest guys. We have been looking for a franchise QB since Elway retired. Plummer and Manning were rentals. Not ones that could lead us for 10 years. We had a potential in Cutler but mcdummy ended that real quick and Tebow was never going to be a 10 year qb. Paxton showed his true colors pretty dang early. I am over the moon about drew lock and I am one that reserves judgement heavily. I wasnít a Lebron fan till he proved he could go all the way.

I am excited to see what Drew has in store for us because I havenít had this much excitement for a QB since Russel Wilson played in the rose bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I don't, he may not have had enough time if he came back earlier to develop to where he is now. Perfectly fine with what we've got (although yeah it would have been nice to make the playoffs).

Physically I think he's pretty far ahead of Paxton Lynch. Lynch was just tall and lanky. Mentally (in terms of understanding the game) he's probably already ahead of every QB we've had since Plummer, besides Peyton of course.
    It depends on how the Broncos would have managed coming back earlier. Lock was medically cleared before (or near) the first game vs Chargers, I canít recall the exact date. Instead of wasting time with Allen they could have activated Lock and got him reps along with studying the playbook.

Also, they could have had Lock as the #2 in camp and preseason instead of wasting time on Hogan. For that matter they could have avoided Flacco all together, drafted Lock and dedicated the reps and time to his development. Besides Lock, the entire approach wasted another season for guys like Wolfe, Harris Jr, Von and Sanders. Hopefully Elway learned his lesson on the failed approach of wasting time and money with bridge quarterbacks.

If Lock had been the starter coming out of the bye we would be 6-7 right now and still I the thick of the playoff hunt.