Page 98 of 140 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I meant the one where he was looking over his inside shoulder trying to locate the ball, only for Lock's 25 yard pass to hit the turf just out of his outside shoulder. He ended up turning his head to the correct side, but it was too late for him to really react to the pass.

The play I'm referring to starts @ 4:05
    https://youtu.be/gd9E4vx5wUE

May or may not have been a TD, depending on what Fant does after the catch, but it was at least a 25 yard catch on 3rd and 5.
    This was one of the knocks on Fant coming out was that he struggles to locate the ball over his shoulder. A season of QBs that couldnít get it over his outside shoulder doesnít help his development in that area either. And the lack of chemistry between the two hurts as well. I think this also happened to Sutton early in the game as well.

I meant the one where he was looking over his inside shoulder trying to locate the ball, only for Lock's 25 yard pass to hit the turf just out of his outside shoulder. He ended up turning his head to the correct side, but it was too late for him to really react to the pass.

The play I'm referring to starts @ 4:05
    https://youtu.be/gd9E4vx5wUE

May or may not have been a TD, depending on what Fant does after the catch, but it was at least a 25 yard catch on 3rd and 5.
    I've been trying to find another angle of that play and can't yet. I'd like to see were the ball was in relation to Fant. It looked like he could have made a play on it but from the sideline angle it isn't too clear if it was just a bad line Fant took or if Lock put it too far out of reach. As the ball comes down Fant looks to be between the sideline and 50 yard field number - those are 12-yards from the sideline (had to look it up) so he's about 6 yards angling toward the sideline by the time the ball comes down at what, 2, 3, 4 yards away? I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I've been trying to find another angle of that play and can't yet. I'd like to see were the ball was in relation to Fant. It looked like he could have made a play on it but from the sideline angle it isn't too clear if it was just a bad line Fant took or if Lock put it too far out of reach. As the ball comes down Fant looks to be between the sideline and 50 yard field number - those are 12-yards from the sideline (had to look it up) so he's about 6 yards angling toward the sideline by the time the ball comes down at what, 2, 3, 4 yards away? I'm not sure.
    Right, it is hard to say how far outside it was. However, if Fant was looking over his right should instead of left for the duration that he was, he should have had plenty of time to get out and under the pass if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Itís what you believe based on your post - see bold below, one more time to make it clear.
    I appreciate you calling me out, i can understand if you thought I didnít want him to play based on some of my posts, I know my reasoning at the time was more about what the team at that time with Flacco as the starter and Lock on IR. I did make arguments where I stated he didnít need to play and Iím glad that is not what happened.

He is starting now and I am excited to see how he develops. Nice to have something to look forward to in a lost season.

Right, it is hard to say how far outside it was. However, if Fant was looking over his right should instead of left for the duration that he was, he should have had plenty of time to get out and under the pass if needed.
    Hopefully Fant and Lock can get that play figured out.
    Hamilton made two great catches that ended with big hits and then he drops the easy one, hope he can get over it and be the middle of the field receiver we are lacking.
    Tim Patrick was pretty quiet yesterday, he let a fastball go through his hands. With his size He gives Lock another big target to throw to on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I appreciate you calling me out, i can understand if you thought I didnít want him to play based on some of my posts, I know my reasoning at the time was more about what the team at that time with Flacco as the starter and Lock on IR. I did make arguments where I stated he didnít need to play and Iím glad that is not what happened.

He is starting now and I am excited to see how he develops. Nice to have something to look forward to in a lost season.
    It was well known before even preseason that Flacco was a bottom 10 starter and once the games began it should have been apparant to all that he was marginally better, if not arguably worse, than Lock in this offense. Your reasoning at the time was flawed, believing in Flacco to be anything other than a QB that was taking us nowhere and needed to be replaced as soon as possible. We should have been looking forward to Lock's return, and getting him on the field asap

Can we all agree that from preseason game one vs the Falcons to his first start yesterday... Based on the eye test... Drew Lock has improved each and every single game?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Can we all agree that from preseason game one vs the Falcons to his first start yesterday... Based on the eye test... Drew Lock has improved each and every single game?
    Agreed. Drew Lock in my eyes is the unquestioned starter for the rest of the season. From the HoF game he has made tremendous strides. Without his work ethic of practicing and improving without having any practice reps we don't win yesterday's game

It was well known before even preseason that Flacco was a bottom 10 starter and once the games began it should have been apparant to all that he was marginally better, if not arguably worse, than Lock in this offense. Your reasoning at the time was flawed, believing in Flacco to be anything other than a QB that was taking us nowhere and needed to be replaced as soon as possible. We should have been looking forward to Lock's return, and getting him on the field asap
    I didnít trade for Flacco, or choose to start him. I was supporting who was on the active roster at the time. So if supporting the current team is flawed then Iím guilty for sure. At 2-4 i was looking forward to us turning our season around not players on IR who couldnít play until week 9.

That said, I am very happy to see Lock getting to play.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 12-02-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Agreed. Drew Lock in my eyes is the unquestioned starter for the rest of the season. From the HoF game he has made tremendous strides. Without his work ethic of practicing and improving without having any practice reps we don't win yesterday's game
    It's amazing and a testament to his work ethic and wanting to perfect his craft that even without being allowed to practice for most of the season he still ended up progressing.

It's amazing and a testament to his work ethic and wanting to perfect his craft that even without being allowed to practice for most of the season he still ended up progressing.
    Something that Paxton Lynch never figured out.

it looked like drew lock took alot of time learning the playbook and ect while he was on IR. he looked way ahead reading a defense then he did in the preseason.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    it looked like drew lock took alot of time learning the playbook and ect while he was on IR. he looked way ahead reading a defense then he did in the preseason.
    To me that is one of his most important traits. Lynch probably had more arm talent but never put in the work to dissect plays and defenses. Lock is stepping into one of the most complex offenses in the NFL, yet when he played yesterday he understood the routes his receivers were taking and even changed Sutton's route for a TD. He's obviously studied and practiced this entire time not on active roster. This is what you want to see in a leader and face of your franchise.

This 1,000x he could have easily sat there and figured he wasnt gonna come off of IR but he put the effort in as if would be called at any moment. If he was anything like Lynch he wouldn't even know the playbook right now. My hat is off to him , he has the drive and the desire to elevate his game and the others around him!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    I was at the game yesterday, and speaking of the offensive line, they generally seemed excited about Lock. They were giving him taps on the helmet throughout pregame warmups and seemed to be fired up.

Side note, I saw Flacco give Lock a fist bump on the sideline after that first TD. That was pretty cool.
    Very cool.....