Page 75 of 140 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2095
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Splitting reps, another misstep by this organisation in quarterback development. Whoever is going to play needs the most reps during the week to be best prepared, this is now beyond stupid. Right now as a coaching staff you are pretty much saying that Allen will start, and we expect to bench him during the course of the game to go with Lock, so we want him to be slightly prepared as well. Just give the reps to Lock my god and be done with it, this is now a waste of everyone's time.
    I do agree.....this is being handled so poorly, it is hard to regain faith.

It's almost like, "hey, those fans can't tell us what to do" goofy. "We'll show them".

But giving Lock the reps is the most obvious thing to do at this point.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-27-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
    Speaking Wednesday, GM John Elway said Drew Lock and Brandon Allen will split the practice reps this week, and the Broncos will decide on a starter by Friday.

Per Andrew Mason on Twitter.
    Interesting. I hadn't seen that until just now.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Splitting reps, another misstep by this organisation in quarterback development. Whoever is going to play needs the most reps during the week to be best prepared, this is now beyond stupid. Right now as a coaching staff you are pretty much saying that Allen will start, and we expect to bench him during the course of the game to go with Lock, so we want him to be slightly prepared as well. Just give the reps to Lock my god and be done with it, this is now a waste of everyone's time.
    This is the way it's done, pretty much. Allen came in and had some success even though he trended very badly downward. They have to see something in Lock that makes them agree to put him in. Either in practice or in relief of Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I do agree.....this is being handled so poorly, it is hard to regain faith.

It's almost like, "hey, those fans can't tell us what to do" goofy. "We'll show them".

But giving Lock the reps is the most obvious thing to do at this point.
    Us fans have nothing to do with this. I don't mean to pick on you specifically, I've seen quite a few posts on the board lately overestimating our impact on the inner workings of the franchise. Our impact is close to zero short of some seriously radical behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Us fans have nothing to do with this. I don't mean to pick on you specifically, I've seen quite a few posts on the board lately overestimating our impact on the inner workings of the franchise. Our impact is close to zero short of some seriously radical behavior.
    Believe me, I never expect the fans to influence decisions, although they have in many sports, and often for the right reason. What I am really saying is this.....the fans seem to understand this situation better than the management, and that is not a good thing. It's almost unanimous what the next steps should have been. My comment was simply saying that it appears the FO is staying stubborn on this....which seems very, very foolish to me.

We are the laughing stock of the NFL.

Listening to the radio on the way home. Sounds like Lock is getting all the 1st team reps. Thatís a good sign. Iím starting to think they might actually try to properly assess the QB situation going into the offseason.

If he does start, Iím certainly not expecting him to light up the score board. I want to see how the rookie handles himself and commands the huddle. Leadership qualities are natural, so if he can exhibit some leadership and looks like he can present himself like a starter, then thatís a good sign.

Fingers crossed.

If Lock has ANYTHING, he will show it these last 5 games. It will help coach him on what to improve and how to build to his strengths. I donít expect fireworks, I expect signs of anything to build on and coachability. Letís get this ball rolling.

Looks like Drew's time has come. I hope his injury has non impact on his natural abilities
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    We are the laughing stock of the NFL.
    No that's the Bengals.....

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    This is the way it's done, pretty much. Allen came in and had some success even though he trended very badly downward. They have to see something in Lock that makes them agree to put him in. Either in practice or in relief of Allen.
    Why ? It's a lost season where you know Allen isn't going to be the future, and he hasn't played well, even in his statistically inflated debut. Is your angle that the players in the locker room will lose respect for the process if Lock is just handed the job ? I don't buy that, and even that is how they react, bad luck. You as a group of football players are under performing, losing games in an embarrassing fashion, so their opinion means nothing. Also, lets not continue to act like Allen earned the job, he did not. Allen has been the major beneficiary of not one, but two quarterbacks ahead of him on the depth chart being injured. There isn't a single angle that this could be twisted in to support the front office or the coaching staff, poor handling again.

Looks like Lock might start Sunday.... Cool
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Come on Drew !!! I've got my fingers crossed !

I'm excited, I don't expect him to throw for 400 yds and 5tds......just win Baby!!!! Sweep the Chargers Drew!!!

We giving him a 20% success rate?

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Looks like Drew's time has come. I hope his injury has non impact on his natural abilities
    That little thumb injury??? Ummm hope that's not gonna be an excuse.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*