Page 80 of 140 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2095
    I would love a tweet like this next year, but said about Elway and Fangio. From Field Yates Twitter:

Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott have: built a culture, cleaned up the salary cap, drafted well, spent wisely at all levels of free agency, developed young players, found a promising QB and are now 9-3. Building something special in Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Big win.....I know it's an "if" but if Allen had finished that Pats game, they'd be 10 and 2.
    I so wanted Josh Allen 2 years ago....when that didn't happen, I then rooted to draft Drew Lock....Hopefully, we got the better pick !!

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I so wanted Josh Allen 2 years ago....when that didn't happen, I then rooted to draft Drew Lock....Hopefully, we got the better pick !!
    Hope so!!!

Haha.....I posted my previous comment in the wrong thread! Oh well, you and I had something to talk about.

Last edited by CanDB; 11-28-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Iíve heard from my sources within the Broncos organization that Drew Lock will be named starter tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by moyer918 View Post
    Iíve heard from my sources within the Broncos organization that Drew Lock will be named starter tomorrow
    My sources say the same. Confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I would love a tweet like this next year, but said about Elway and Fangio. From Field Yates Twitter:

Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott have: built a culture, cleaned up the salary cap, drafted well, spent wisely at all levels of free agency, developed young players, found a promising QB and are now 9-3. Building something special in Buffalo.
    Only thing is Elway has dug a huge hole in dead cap. Not sure how easy it will be to clean that up by this time next year when it seems we will potentially be making some other veteran cuts.

I could see it being the case in two years maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    My sources say the same. Confirmed.
    My drunk uncle and father in law have also confirmed. Drew Lock will be announced the starter tomorrow. Hopefully they put away their knives soon...
    Last edited by JW7; 11-28-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Breaking News: John Elway has come out of retirement and made himself the new starter of the Denver Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Only thing is Elway has dug a huge hole in dead cap. Not sure how easy it will be to clean that up by this time next year when it seems we will potentially be making some other veteran cuts.

I could see it being the case in two years maybe.
    The dead cap actually isn't that bad. As of right now Denver has just under $500k in dead cap for next year. That's it. Obviously there will be more but lets take a deeper dive.

Currently Denver has $15.8 million in cap space this year, which they can rollover into the cap next year. Lets say they have $15 million to rollover. Their current cap space for 2020 is $67.5 million, which doesn't include the rollover from this year, so rolling over $15 million, they'll have $82.5 million in available cap space.

Now let's talk about the elephant in the room, Flacco. A lot of people freaked out when they "extended" Flacco's contract, which was actually nothing more than creative accounting. They gave him $0 more in guaranteed money than he had do by being on the roster for week 1 of 2019. They just spread it out to get some cap space for 2019.

Flacco's cap hit if released will be $13.6 million. Which would bring up their total dead cap to $13.9 million, certainly not the end of the world, and much better than the $30 million in dead cap they had for 2019.

And once that is removed it will give Denver about $68.9 million in cap space for 2020. Obviously that could change depending on who else is released or re-signed. But right now the Broncos are in pretty good shape cap wise. Hopefully they don't spend on a bunch of overpriced vets and have another $20-25 million to roll into 2021 and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    My drunk uncle and father in law have also confirmed. Drew Lock will be announced the starter tomorrow. Hopefully they put away their knives soon...
    My Thanksgiving had similar participants!

Gotta love family...We shall rise from the ashes...Save us all Drew
    [

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This is a joke. A play on words and nothing else.

It appears that "Ear" is all "talk"....

Having fun!
    My bad read that wrong lol.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I think it's safe to say Lamar looked like crap his 1st year . The fans were booing and calling for Flacco . They stuck with him and built a good offensive approach. He looks great as of now . I dont think his style is long term though. Theres no doubt hes something special but we will see how long he can maintain this play style. If he was a Bronco I'd be rooting for him to succeed. I am rooting for OUR QB no matter if I wanted them or not.
    What booing. I swear people make up things at he goes. He did not look terrible his first omg. You any of you watch the entire game and not just espn highlights or talk radio. He won like 5 or 6 games why on earth would the fans be booeing. I'm on that message board too so I know that's completely untrue.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    What booing. I swear people make up things at he goes. He did not look terrible his first omg. You any of you watch the entire game and not just espn highlights or talk radio. He won like 5 or 6 games why on earth would the fans be booeing. I'm on that message board too so I know that's completely untrue.
    In the Chargers playoff game last season where he got exposed, he was booed and the fans chanted for Flacco. That did happen, not made up.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    In the Chargers playoff game last season where he got exposed, he was booed and the fans chanted for Flacco. That did happen, not made up.
    I watched that game.., Booooooing was real....and he was awful... Through three quarters, the Ravens had three fumbles, three completions, and three first downs. With 13 minutes left in the game, Jackson had 25 yards in the air to 27 yards lost on five sacks for minus-2 net passing yards.

I didn’t see him lasting as a starter for half this season... it’s been A pretty amazing evolution of his passing skills...
    Last edited by EddieMac; 11-29-2019 at 08:39 AM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I watched that game.., Booooooing was real....and he was awful...I didnít see him lasting as a starter for half this season... itís been. A pretty amazing evolution of his passing skills...
    He has gotten better for sure, I was and still am skeptical of his abilities to utilize his WRs if it comes down to him having to come from behind. I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon. There will come a game where a good defense takes his rushing abilities away (Cam Newton) and forces him to throw. He has proven me wrong with his accuracy this year but his completions are mostly to RBs and TEs. I still believe he won't last in the league with how much he runs.

Is he better than Drew? Obviously yes he is because we haven't seen a year and a half of Drew. I think Drew has the tools to be a very good QB. Will Elway build him the supporting cast he needs to succeed? That is the ultimate question.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco