Page 96 of 140 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2099
    I saw Lock play for the first time yesterday. I thought he did a good job. One thing I noticed though is that he seemed at times to ransfer his weight backwards when it should be going forwards, causing him to throw off the back foot. Is this a normal thing with Lock?

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    I saw Lock play for the first time yesterday. I thought he did a good job. One thing I noticed though is that he seemed at times to ransfer his weight backwards when it should be going forwards, causing him to throw off the back foot. Is this a normal thing with Lock?
    Yes. One of the big reasons why scouts thought he would need time to develop is sloppy mechanics including throwing off his back foot out while fading away. It leads to some lack of accuracy that he experienced in college (although he did improve this through his time at Mizzou).

I thought it was a mixed bag in terms of this yesterday. Some of his better throws he would keep his legs under him and step in to the throw but when the pass rush would give a little pressure he went with the back foot fade away. Itís improving and will need time.
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I think the comparison is fair too. I do think Lock has shown more touch on screens and agree that Lock has a much better attitude.
    Yes, that what I am excited about. The confidence without the arrogance and the want to get it right. Lock also owns his mistakes and looks to improve on them. I think his team mates like him too. Lock made some bad throws yesterday, but some really, really good ones too. I wanted to throw up when Hamilton dropped that first down guaranteed catch.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    All the talk is about how little Lock did, outside of the first Q.... but, I believe, before the last FG drive (couldíve been a TD drive if not for Hamilton)... Drew was 3-5 for 8 yards and an INT in the second half. Sounds like this was more of an offensive issue than a Lock problem.

And, in an Elway-esque manner, when it mattered most, even after a brain burp INT, Drew manages to twice put DEN into a chance to win the game.

I saw enough to get excited about the kidís next 20 starts...
    Run, run, RB screen seemed to be the gameplan for the offense after the 1st quarter. I was not a fan of it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    I was at the game yesterday, and speaking of the offensive line, they generally seemed excited about Lock. They were giving him taps on the helmet throughout pregame warmups and seemed to be fired up.

Side note, I saw Flacco give Lock a fist bump on the sideline after that first TD. That was pretty cool.
    The OL, particularly Dalton Risner, has a feel for how hard Lock has worked and I'm sure they respect that.

After the game, Risner told the media a story about when they were rooming together during OTAs. It's a nice little read, I'll link it, but the point was that they stayed up until 1am studying together every night, then Risner would go to bed and Lock would stay up going over plays and going over how to call plays in the huddle. The kid has a solid work ethic, that will take you places.

https://i.redd.it/i3tgi63j58241.jpg

Very encouraged overall. The kid checked off some key boxes in my book, for sure.

I think he did pretty well, it didn't look like he had much time to throw.

Denver ran 53 plays yesterday 28 of which were pass attempts. In his first start, that was probably about max for Drew against a good pass rushing defense. It's possible we may see 30/40 pass attempts this year, or not. Might set up the run by passing. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Itís a normal thing for him for now, he does it for 2 reasons. He either canít step into his throw because of the pass rush or heís trying to put touch on the ball so he does it compensate for his arm strength. Mechanically though itís actually fairly sound as he also sidearms the ball when he does it although Iíve only seen him do it to his right which is a lot easier. He did it on the back pylon throw to Fant and it was in the perfect spot

I imagine theyíll try to coach it out of him but I donít think itís a big issue. The bigger issue is his footwork on his drops and where his feet are facing when he steps into his throws. There was an extremely tight window on his INT and he has the arm to fit that in there but I can almost guarantee that the midline of his back foot was too far out forcing the ball to be behind.

LOCK- 18-28 134 yards 2 TD and 1 INT He didn't do much, but people on this board are so happy that we won it doesn't matter. Without that horrible pass interference call we lose again.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I think he did pretty well, it didn't look like he had much time to throw.
    What's encouraging about that is the fact that he took zero sacks as well. He either found time to throw it away, scramble, or complete it. Encouraging pocket awareness, it is not uncommon for rookie QBs to miss blitzes and allow themselves to get messed up pretty good.

After watching the game, I think we need another WR. Patrick and Hamilton are not cutting it. So far all that have separated clearly are Fant and Sutton. More than anything, even O-line, Lock needs a faster WR to complement Sutton.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    LOCK- 18-28 134 yards 2 TD and 1 INT He didn't do much, but people on this board are so happy that we won it doesn't matter. Without that horrible pass interference call we lose again.
    Without the correctly called PI, we go into overtime. Do we lose there? Maybe, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    After watching the game, I think we need another WR. Patrick and Hamilton are not cutting it. So far all that have separated clearly are Fant and Sutton. More than anything, even O-line, Lock needs a faster WR to complement Sutton.
    2020 is a good draft for WR-needy teams in the first few rounds. I would be pretty happy with an OL-WR-CB in our first three picks.

If folks watched the way The Steeler QBs have been playing this year, it has been duller than what we saw from Lock in his first game as an NFLer. I like that he was winging it right from the first drive. Shows off his strong arm and makes Ds aware of what may come. That gives the run game a better chance than the way other teams have broken in their QBs.

I was not expecting too much, but I got more than anticipated. Sure, one pic, a few errant passes, but 2 TD passes, 1 dropped ball that could have led to another TD, a PI at the most critical point in the game, some smart sneaks of his own, and overall, a young man who has a lot to offer.

Officially it's an 84.5 rate, and that is certainly ok. I mean, the guy is still learning as he was often seen referring to his arm guide.

I am encouraged, and if I was The Broncos I'd treat this as if he is the starter for the future. Nothing yesterday told me he was not, given his inexperience, lack of reps, and typical rookie adaptation time. For me, we can now build around him.