Page 59 of 116 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
    Pretty tired of this crap! How many games are we going to lose this season because we can't close the deal? Completely incompetent QB play that is either made worse by conservative play calling... or conservative play calling because of incompetent QB play. Either way, there is no upside in playing Allen. We need to see what we have in Lock as soon as we can. Whether it is next week or the week after he needs to get on the field for a significant amount of time before the end of the year . We need to know what we have before next years draft. I would hate to take a first round QB without ever giving the kid a shot.

3 and 7. Time to play your "future" players.....or at least find out who your future players are.

IMO, Lock should be out there mostly because the FO should be planning their draft strategy for the QB position. This whole sandbagging strategy has been ludicrous. This team needs to identify their franchise QB and commit to him. Enough of this bridge QB / hiding a high draft QB on the bench nonsense. Lock needs to get as much PT as possible so he can be assessed going into the offseason. If Lock looks like heís totally lost, then they should be looking at drafting another high round QB. If the kid looks like he has the goods, then they can plan their offseason accordingly. I really donít see how this FO can go into another offseason with a question mark at QB. Stop it with the sandbagging nonsense and start getting the kid prepped for game time. Geeze.

They let Oz sit, they let Paxton sit, and now Lock is getting rusty sitting on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    They let Oz sit, they let Paxton sit, and now Lock is getting rusty sitting on the bench.
    They have not handled the QB position very well. Itís finally time to commit to a young franchise QB. The vet QB strategy is not working.

This seems futile at times. But here we go again....

UNLESS Lock is still injured, and I don't believe that to be true, what are you waiting for????

And UNLESS you are thinking Allen is the franchise QB, you have to play Lock soon. You are running out of time to determine who will lead this team in future, and you have failed to find a starter since Manning days. This is either stubbornness, or foolishness, or incompetence at some point. Because we NEED a starting QB, and if we have to draft another one, with a high pick, we will have wasted yet again, much needed draft capital that could be used for the Oline in particular. And with no guarantees re: the QB situation.

Just do it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Oz doesn’t count for the same reason Aaron Rodgers doesn’t count.

Lynch apparently didn’t earn the chance because of work ethic.

I don’t know what the issue is with Lock, but maybe there is a good reason for not getting him in the games.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Only an idiot could think Allen is a franchise QB. I think we have some ďold schoolĒ minds managing us into the ground. Time to get Lock on the field and support him. Letís see what he has instead of telling everyone he doesnít know how to play. It is this type of attitude that WASTED cap space on the Flacco mess. And of course restructured him to ensure we have dead cap space

I said in the gameday chat that Allen was NOT the answer at QB and got blasted for that. I'm sorry, but it's true. He is a backup, and it's clear that after traveling around the league before coming here that his ceiling was seen tonight. It is what it is. Lock is the future until he isn't, in which we'll have to draft his replacement. Lock should have already been playing, but since the FO botched his development process we may not have a clear image of the player he can be either over the span of 5 games.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I said in the gameday chat that Allen was NOT the answer at QB and got blasted for that. I'm sorry, but it's true. He is a backup, and it's clear that after traveling around the league before coming here that his ceiling was seen tonight. It is what it is. Lock is the future until he isn't, in which we'll have to draft his replacement. Lock should have already been playing, but since the FO botched his development process we may not have a clear image of the player he can be either over the span of 5 games.
    I doubt Allen is a franchise quarterback but it was only his second start. When you have a 20-0 lead thereís no way the defense should give up 4 TDs in a half. Allenís INT looked like two young players with Fant thinking one thing and Allen throwing to the likely spot on the route. If McManus didnít choke the Broncos would have only been down a point. With the last drive they were in range for another FG to win, again if McManus didnít blow the last one. Allen should have gone out of bounds when he picked up the 1st down, but thatís a mistake by a guy playing his 2nd start. Allen looks to be worth keeping as a #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I doubt Allen is a franchise quarterback but it was only his second start. When you have a 20-0 lead there’s no way the defense should give up 4 TDs in a half. Allen’s INT looked like two young players with Fant thinking one thing and Allen throwing to the likely spot on the route. If McManus didn’t choke the Broncos would have only been down a point. With the last drive they were in range for another FG to win, again if McManus didn’t blow the last one. Allen should have gone out of bounds when he picked up the 1st down, but that’s a mistake by a guy playing his 2nd start. Allen looks to be worth keeping as a #2.
    Agreed. I have no problem moving forward with him as the backup, as he's proven he won't throw the game away. But I don't think it's worth pushing him forward if that means Lock continues to sit. This season is already lost, it's time to play your high draft picks.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I agree that Allen looks like quite a solid player, a guy who isn't going to lose you any games, and he is showing that he can make some solid plays. But, I also don't think you stick with him in the hope that he can be your franchise guy, I don't see that kind of potential in him. I think you play Lock and let him ride out the rest of the season, and depending on what he shows, you go into next off-season fully committed to him taking all the reps, and preparing to play from day 1. This sit and wait approach is a proven failure, we have many many many examples of this, and it's time to adapt and try something new. It sucks for Allen because he probably deserves to continue to play, but the bigger picture approach needs to be taken when you're in the middle of a 3-7 campaign.

Fangio wants a culture of earning a jobs.
    Lock looks like he is close to earning the back up job and once he does that he will get a shot as a starter. The injury along with him being a rookie learning a new system and taking snaps under center for the first time are all together the reason he is not playing yet.
    I personally canít wait to see him play, but I think the team is bringing him along the right way and we may have found a good back up Qi in Allen in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Agreed. I have no problem moving forward with him as the backup, as he's proven he won't throw the game away. But I don't think it's worth pushing him forward if that means Lock continues to sit. This season is already lost, it's time to play your high draft picks.
    Lock needs as many games possible. I can see Allen playing vs Bills which would give Lock two more weeks of practice. In the most conservative case Lock should play the last four games. Look at the remaining games as early work for 2020.

We shall see how it all shakes down. Iím guessing this FO and coaching staff will do their best to keep Lock hidden on the bench for as long as possible. Iím guessing heíll see the field for 2 games. That way, we can go into yet another offseason with a big, fat question mark at QB.