Page 100 of 140 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2099
    Another smallish thing, but Lock was pretty elusive-looking on that pass where the commentator said he sure could step backwards fast. Not sure if it was Ingram, but it was a quick rush on Drew, and he simultaneously stepped back and made a throwaway pass. It was nothing special on the surface, but proved he can avoid a rush and still make the right play.

I see vets messing up that type of rush all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I appreciate you calling me out, i can understand if you thought I didnít want him to play based on some of my posts, I know my reasoning at the time was more about what the team at that time with Flacco as the starter and Lock on IR. I did make arguments where I stated he didnít need to play and Iím glad that is not what happened.

He is starting now and I am excited to see how he develops. Nice to have something to look forward to in a lost season.
    Fair enough. At least heís getting game action and hopefully heíll stay healthy to get the most of the remaining games.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    So he was 15/23 for 126 yards and 2 TDs going into the half? The numbers arenít important for a young QB like him, what is important are the traits he showed in the game. He displayed a lot of traits of a franchise caliber QB. The only bad plays were the INT (poor mechanics not a poor decision) and the errant pass to Heuerman on the run. Everything else was good for him, ball placement was better than I expected, a bit slow through his reads but he did make them which is more than most young QBs can say, his ability to improvise was huge as well, some of his presnap reads were great as well ie the conversions to Heuerman in the flats on 3rd down.
    After one game traits of a franchise qb. You could say the same thing for allen vs the browns could you not? Traits of a franchise qb is consistency. A lot of qbs look good until there is more tape on them. I'm truly happy the kid got his start we you can see it on his face too.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

I knew it would be overreaction Monday. Lock looked ok...I wouldn't be so fast to say he is the savior. A lot of qbs look good in their 1st start. I wanna see him continue to improve. Congratulations on the win kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    After one game traits of a franchise qb. You could say the same thing for allen vs the browns could you not? Traits of a franchise qb is consistency. A lot of qbs look good until there is more tape on them. I'm truly happy the kid got his start we you can see it on his face too.
    Hey, are you putting out flames of happiness in various threads?? Not a biggee, but are you saying Lock looked so so, given his youth, lack of reps and not to forget, against a team with a handful of quality defenders? At least 3 pro bowlers.

I think some of us feel like he was drafted for a reason, and that we should give him every chance to succeed. We have no one else even close to being our franchise QB. And outside of Burrow, maybe, can we go to the draft thinking we can find our FQB? I don't.

Lets see how he fares in Houston. Lets give him a chance to fail a little. But lets also look for the bright spots, and the areas he can develop as well. I believe this is one of the good news stories of our year.

Allen didnít show those same traits. He locked into his first read and it took an act of congress to get him off of it, he waited to see WRs open before throwing or just threw it up hoping theyíd make a play to bail him out instead of anticipating them coming open. The gap in arm strength is clearly evident. Lock also seems to have a good feel for the game knowing when to scramble, when to throw a pass with touch, when to change his throwing motion to get a pass off, and when to change a WRís route.

Allenís mechanics were better but that isnít something I consider a franchise QB worthy trait because theyíre often times easily corrected through coaching and repetition where as most QBs tend to fail because they are too slow to read a defense pre/post snap and refuse to throw a WR open, these are traits that arenít easily developed through coaching and repetition. Obviously they can be over time, but too often those QBs get left behind and forgotten about before they can figure that part of the game out because the NFL has no patience. Allen did show enough in his brief stint to make an argument that he deserves to be on a NFL roster as a capable backup however.

Through the preseason and this first game Lock has showcased all these traits that Allen has lacked, the inconsistency stems from the poor footwork which I expect Lock to drastically improve next season. Yes Lock will likely regress as defenses acquire more tape on him, but the stats arenít what matter, they rarely do for a young QB like Lock. If they did Peyton and Elway probably wouldnít have had very long careers. Is he getting through his reads faster and faster each game? Is he looking to throw WRs open? Is he reading the defense before the snap and finding potential soft spots to throw into and is he validating his pre snap read post snap? If they confuse him pre snap does he adjust quick enough to still make a play? These are the things to look for these next 4 games.

He is going to have some good games and some bad ones. It is up to us as a "Fan Base" to support our young draft picks and our whole team.
    We can complain about stuff, but please, let's have some patience with our rebuild.
    I really don't want to hear people trashing Drew Lock while he is learning the ropes.

IMO, he looked good for a first time starter. He does need to put a little touch on the ball. Elway use to throw 100 mph fast balls 10 yards away. I can't count how many DBs and LBs had the ball bounce off their chests and hands back in Elway's first year. The WRs need to kick the jugs machine up a notch or 2 for Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Allen didn’t show those same traits. He locked into his first read and it took an act of congress to get him off of it, he waited to see WRs open before throwing or just threw it up hoping they’d make a play to bail him out instead of anticipating them coming open. The gap in arm strength is clearly evident. Lock also seems to have a good feel for the game knowing when to scramble, when to throw a pass with touch, when to change his throwing motion to get a pass off, and when to change a WR’s route.

Allen’s mechanics were better but that isn’t something I consider a franchise QB worthy trait because they’re often times easily corrected through coaching and repetition where as most QBs tend to fail because they are too slow to read a defense pre/post snap and refuse to throw a WR open, these are traits that aren’t easily developed through coaching and repetition. Obviously they can be over time, but too often those QBs get left behind and forgotten about before they can figure that part of the game out because the NFL has no patience. Allen did show enough in his brief stint to make an argument that he deserves to be on a NFL roster as a capable backup however.

Through the preseason and this first game Lock has showcased all these traits that Allen has lacked, the inconsistency stems from the poor footwork which I expect Lock to drastically improve next season. Yes Lock will likely regress as defenses acquire more tape on him, but the stats aren’t what matter, they rarely do for a young QB like Lock. If they did Peyton and Elway probably wouldn’t have had very long careers. Is he getting through his reads faster and faster each game? Is he looking to throw WRs open? Is he reading the defense before the snap and finding potential soft spots to throw into and is he validating his pre snap read post snap? If they confuse him pre snap does he adjust quick enough to still make a play? These are the things to look for these next 4 games.
    I saw allen make so very good throws too. Lock feet weren't all the great on some of his throws either. No worries, we just look at franchise qb different. I personally wouldn't say any qb has franchise traits after one start due to how the defense can play him. But hey that's the beauty of this board. So games foot work, mechanics, and throws can be on points and others they are off. I'm more of consistency than anything. Congrats to the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    He is going to have some good games and some bad ones. It is up to us as a "Fan Base" to support our young draft picks and our whole team.
    We can complain about stuff, but please, let's have some patience with our rebuild.
    I really don't want to hear people trashing Drew Lock while he is learning the ropes.
    Well that's not fair to say you dont want people to trash him, others that was here before him Orton's, tebow, Paxton, trevor, etc for the same treatment what makes lock any different. No player goes without criticism not even tom brady. Lamar is on a 8 game winning streak, 1st in the nfl and he still gets trashed. It comes along with being a football player and the NFL having millions of fans that have opinions.

Well that's not fair to say you dont want people to trash him, others that was here before him Orton's, tebow, Paxton, trevor, etc for the same treatment what makes lock any different. No player goes without criticism not even tom brady. Lamar is on a 8 game winning streak, 1st in the nfl and he still gets trashed. It comes along with being a football player and the NFL having millions of fans that have opinions.
    Ok, your right, it makes sense, if you want to trash Drew Lock, do it, if that's what you choose to do .
    I am going to be supportive of our young rookie QB, and give him a chance for the rest of this year and all of next year.

I saw allen make so very good throws too. Lock feet weren't all the great on some of his throws either. No worries, we just look at franchise qb different. I personally wouldn't say any qb has franchise traits after one start due to how the defense can play him. But hey that's the beauty of this board. So games foot work, mechanics, and throws can be on points and others they are off. I'm more of consistency than anything. Congrats to the kid.
    Players drafted at every position showed traits of being an NFL starter when they played in college. If not they wouldnít be drafted. Showing traits of being a franchise quarterback doesnít mean it will happen, it just means some of the foundation is there.

The Chargers were also mostly subdued in their reaction to Lock’s first NFL start. He finished the game 18-of-28 passing for 139 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Hayward pointed to the yardage total as evidence of success against the Broncos rookie, yet he was beaten in coverage by Sutton for both of Denver’s touchdowns. Hayward called Sutton’s 26-yard helmet-pinned reception in the end zone: “Probably one of the best catches I’ve seen.”

Hayward was all over Sutton, who grabbed the ball with one hand. Lock put it right on the money.

No frame of NFL reference made it difficult for LA to prepare for Denver’s planned quarterback of the future.

“His tendencies, what he likes or his reads, you don’t get to see any of that on film so you’re basically going in the game looking at a ghost,” Jenkins said. “He was poised, in my opinion.”

Cornerback Brandon Facyson said: “(Lock) did a pretty good job today. You got to give him his props.”

Sutton lauded his new quarterback and described his “swag” as contagious in the Broncos locker room.

from “I thought it was a no-call”: Chargers dispute game-changing pass interference penalty, react to Broncos QB Drew Lock’s debut

I liked what I saw. He's got the poise and the leadership intangible.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    It's amazing and a testament to his work ethic and wanting to perfect his craft that even without being allowed to practice for most of the season he still ended up progressing.
    Hard work and intelligence were Peyton Manning traits. I'm very hopeful Lock realizes his potential.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I am happy there are alot of people that seem to be excited about Drew Lock, it would be great if he could be a successful NFL QB !