Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    if we are low enough and lock shows something but our o-line obviously needs to be upgraded. we may be able to land a guy like Andrew Thomas. he has the size and atheletism to be the ideal LT. he has also played like one in the SEC. right now i think he would be my top target to replace Bolles cause Bolles is probably gone after this season.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I wouldn't be so quick to give up on Bolles obviously he's been a huge problem but OL take time to develop.

He essentially makes backup money anyways. What we need to do is move him around see if he can play RT and if not to the bench he goes
    Last edited by FlaccoTruther; 09-18-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to give up on Bolles obviously he's been a huge problem but OL take time to develop.

He essentially makes backup money anyways. What we need to do is move him around see if he can play RT and if not to the bench he goes
    He is a lost cause. It isn't the unit cohesion that's taking time, it's his inability to learn from his mistakes. Its year 4 for him. There is no more development time for him. Either he gets better this season or he is not a Bronco. He may not even be on the roster once Jawuan James gets back. Wilkinson has far outplayed him by this point.

As far as Lock goes, by week 10 if we haven't won more than 5 games he will have to start. That is the only move that will save Elway's long term career, is if Lock shows some promise. However it seems as if Elway didn't anticipate a losing season by spreading Flacco's cap hit several years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    As far as Lock goes, by week 10 if we haven't won more than 5 games he will have to start. That is the only move that will save Elway's long term career, is if Lock shows some promise. However it seems as if Elway didn't anticipate a losing season by spreading Flacco's cap hit several years.

Yeah that was a puzzling move You would think after the Case Keenum experiment that you would wait 1 year to see what you actually have in the QB position before pre paying for services that just might not be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Yeah that was a puzzling move You would think after the Case Keenum experiment that you would wait 1 year to see what you actually have in the QB position before pre paying for services that just might not be good enough.
    Did he do it to get relief against the cap ?

I think you have that one totally wrong!

In preseason Lock did not even come close to playing as well as Paxton Lynch did, and if there is something that Elway definitely cannot risk it is to trot "the QB of the future" out there and have him face-plant.

At this moment Flacco is one of the stronger performers on the team, and unless it becomes clear that he should not be the starter in 2020 then there will be a lot of resistance.

He is a lost cause. It isn't the unit cohesion that's taking time, it's his inability to learn from his mistakes. Its year 4 for him. There is no more development time for him. Either he gets better this season or he is not a Bronco. He may not even be on the roster once Jawuan James gets back. Wilkinson has far outplayed him by this point.
    I think you mean year 3. I don't have high hopes for him either but we still have 1.9 seasons worth of games on his deal for around 3m per year. That is backup money. I just don't see the reason to cut to him unless they just want him off the team because as bad as he's been at LT you can't tell me he doesn't have value as a backup swing tackle and/or as potentially a starting RT.

The LT experiment needs to end but it's on the coaching staff to find a position he can play to get some value out of him on his rookie deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    I think you have that one totally wrong!

In preseason Lock did not even come close to playing as well as Paxton Lynch did, and if there is something that Elway definitely cannot risk it is to trot "the QB of the future" out there and have him face-plant.

At this moment Flacco is one of the stronger performers on the team, and unless it becomes clear that he should not be the starter in 2020 then there will be a lot of resistance.
    Didnít come close to Paxton Lynch? Ummm what?

why would he not be on the roster...that's a bit of a stretch ...he may be on the bench but they aint gonna cut him

Robert Gallery had a rough go of it at tackle when he was drafted but ended up having a nice career at G.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Didnít come close to Paxton Lynch? Ummm what?
    My thoughts exactly

Does Drew have to sit out the entire 8 weeks? If he is deemed healthy before that can they pull him out on IR early?

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Does Drew have to sit out the entire 8 weeks? If he is deemed healthy before that can they pull him out on IR early?

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    why would he not be on the roster...that's a bit of a stretch ...he may be on the bench but they aint gonna cut him
    You can get a swing tackle that actually performs without holding cheaper than 3 million. Look at Wilkinson.