Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Robert Gallery had a rough go of it at tackle when he was drafted but ended up having a nice career at G.
    Mike Schofield seems to have turned his career around at OG too. Shame he's now with the Chargers.

Even if Flacco plays well for a 4-12 or 5-11 team you still have to bench him for Lock. Why? Because you have to see what you have in Lock especially before next yearís draft. If we wind up with a top 10 pick we have to land Tua, Fromm, or Herbert. Ideally Lock plays well weeks 10-17 and we can look LT in round 1 next year and ILB in round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Even if Flacco plays well for a 4-12 or 5-11 team you still have to bench him for Lock. Why? Because you have to see what you have in Lock especially before next yearís draft. If we wind up with a top 10 pick we have to land Tua, Fromm, or Herbert. Ideally Lock plays well weeks 10-17 and we can look LT in round 1 next year and ILB in round 2.
    It would help to see how Lock plays however, playing 5-6 games wouldnít be enough to assess him. Not to mention assessing him behind a line with Bolles and Leary. The Broncos could still draft a QB and have them compete for the starting job (while releasing the veteran to save cap).

I have just as much hope for Lock as anyone. It all remains to be seen. Maybe he can come in late in the season and show he can perform well in spite of a bad oline and thin receiving corps. Maybe he comes in late in the season and he looks like a raw rookie behind a bad line. Itís all up in the air.

I truly hope for the best because I would love nothing more to have the QB situation figured out. Watching a mediocre vet FA QB with an unknown rookie sitting behind him who never gets a real shot isnít very fun.

This is why IR-ing Lock was not a smart move in my opinion. Now we have less than half a season to assess him if the team starts to fall apart, which by all means hasn't proven me otherwise.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    This is why IR-ing Lock was not a smart move in my opinion. Now we have less than half a season to assess him if the team starts to fall apart, which by all means hasn't proven me otherwise.
    I donít see Elway taking a QB even if we go 0-16. I just really donít.

Heís going to give Lock 2-3 years to fail. If we end up #1 Elway will take BPA elsewhere or trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I don’t see Elway taking a QB even if we go 0-16. I just really don’t.

He’s going to give Lock 2-3 years to fail. If we end up #1 Elway will take BPA elsewhere or trade down.
    Tua is the #1 Pick in EVERY NFL Mock Draft. And frankly, Lock isn't in the conversation with Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Tua is the #1 Pick in EVERY NFL Mock Draft. And frankly, Lock isn't in the conversation with Tua.
    We won't beat the Dolphins for #1 pick, our strength of schedule will undoubtedly put us at least at #2
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Don't underestimate how pathetic, and poorly coached, the Broncos are.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with what Elway would do if we wind up there.

I feel bad for Lock. Here's why:

He gets IR'd by Elway which means he cant practice with the team. Next thing you know we're 0-3 and look like we're competing for a top 5 pick in a great QB draft.

So, all of a sudden Lock's career is going to be determined by being rushed into action right when he comes off the IR, having not practiced for about 10 weeks.

If he does poorly, Elway drafts a QB in the top 5 and Lock is screwed. Elway has set up Lock to fail, and it's really sad. It's also a pathetic QB development plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post

He gets IR'd by Elway which means he cant practice with the team. Next thing you know we're 0-3 and look like we're competing for a top 5 pick in a great QB draft.

So, all of a sudden Lock's career is going to be determined by being rushed into action right when he comes off the IR, having not practiced for about 10 weeks.

If he does poorly, Elway drafts a QB in the top 5 and Lock is screwed. Elway has set up Lock to fail, and it's really sad. It's also a pathetic QB development plan.
    Itís not like Elway planned for Lock to get injured.

Itís also not like Lock is supposed to be some kind of world beater either.

If the Broncos are bad enough to be in position to draft a quarterback high, as long as it isnít Tua, so be it. They draft a quarterback.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    It’s not like Elway planned for Lock to get injured.

It’s also not like Lock is supposed to be some kind of world beater either.

If the Broncos are bad enough to be in position to draft a quarterback high, as long as it isn’t Tua, so be it. They draft a quarterback.
    Bold. I don't get that either.

If the Broncos suddenly start winning games, they will not be in play for a QB in the draft.

If the losing continues, I honestly believe John Elway will not be the general manager here in Denver next year. Hence someone else will be doing the drafting.

I believe Lock will start somewhere and have a pretty productive career!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-23-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Itís not like Elway planned for Lock to get injured.

Itís also not like Lock is supposed to be some kind of world beater either.

If the Broncos are bad enough to be in position to draft a quarterback high, as long as it isnít Tua, so be it. They draft a quarterback.
    No, Elway didnt plan for Lock to be injured, but he did put him on IR. Should he have gone on IR? Well, it was reported Lock couldve played the next week if he had to. Elway put him on IR because he wanted a camp body roster spot.