Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140
Results 2,086 to 2,099 of 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Umm, were you out of the country for the beginning of the season?
    The beginning of the season contained no support for the "injury prone" claim you were hinting at. He was put on IR for a grade 1 thumb sprain. Otherwise known as a jammed thumb. An injury that occurred as he and a defensive linemen fell on top of his thumb. He was medically cleared to resume throwing after week 2.

The real question is not whether he can stay healthy, but why the team's leadership IR-ed him for such an insignificant injury to begin with.

Drew Brees suffered a grade 3 sprain in the same location, severing ligaments and requiring surgery. He was not placed on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    With Lock at quarterback, Fant had that huge game yes, where he made that 48 yard catch where the defender jumped the route and fell down. But in the other 4 games he averaged 18.8 yards per game with 1.5 catches per game. Fant was pretty much a non-factor in 4 of the 5 games with Lock, and when you include the penalties against the Raiders and poor play, he probably hurt more than he helped over those 4 games. Fant was anything but a "monster" with Lock.
    Fant was super on and off I hope he makes the needed steps over these next 2 years. He has the tools to be an elite Te in this league

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I think his comparison in college seems about right on. He is Cutler with a better attitude. Cutler just wanted the money and fame to keep partying. Lock is way more mature then Cutler ever was he. He has a great work ethic. Cutler work ethic was meh at best. He is very coachable and seems to listen to his coaches. He is also listening to Manning and Elway. He has been trying to take the steps to be really good. His talent level is really good with his work ethic and willingness to refine his craft. He will be good in this league.
    I think the better attitude is very key.

We really needed someone like Lock....in terms that no matter what happened he kept positive. Playing QB for the Broncos has been a tough gig 2015-2019. We really needed a guy who can stay positive when all the bad things happen to the QB.

Lock showed hope and promise during a rough time. It is now the front office turn to reward Lock+team with talent to get better as a team.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That injury could have happened to anyone. I donít see how it has anything to do with durability. His history of durability in the SEC is pretty good
    Yeah, I don't think he missed a single game after his freshman year...

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

With Lock at quarterback, Fant had that huge game yes, where he made that 48 yard catch where the defender jumped the route and fell down. But in the other 4 games he averaged 18.8 yards per game with 1.5 catches per game. Fant was pretty much a non-factor in 4 of the 5 games with Lock, and when you include the penalties against the Raiders and poor play, he probably hurt more than he helped over those 4 games. Fant was anything but a "monster" with Lock.
    I'm wondering how much that has to do with teams game planning against Fant once he took off. If you noticed, other guys came open doing TE/H-Back stuff as Fant fell of.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I'm wondering how much that has to do with teams game planning against Fant once he took off. If you noticed, other guys came open doing TE/H-Back stuff as Fant fell of.
    Jeff averaged 1.5 catches for 9 yards in those games. Beck averaged 1.4 catches for 12.4 yards in those games. We just weren't going to the tight-ends it seemed, and Fant was just bad, not much more too it other than a lack of production from the position.

Umm, were you out of the country for the beginning of the season?
    I was. But I remember the thumb thing. That seems to portend more about bad luck than durability.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Jeff averaged 1.5 catches for 9 yards in those games. Beck averaged 1.4 catches for 12.4 yards in those games. We just weren't going to the tight-ends it seemed, and Fant was just bad, not much more too it other than a lack of production from the position.
    You need to look at the actual plays made, rather than relying on an average of statistics over a period of time,. Other than that one explosive game Lock hasn't had a lot of completions or yardage. And to get a feel for what's happening on the field you'd have to compare the stats of TE/H-Backs before, during, and after Fant's suddenly impactful period, And even then you aren't really getting the whole story. Not only because we went through three different starting QB's but because...they're just stats.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    You need to look at the actual plays made, rather than relying on an average of statistics over a period of time,. Other than that one explosive game Lock hasn't had a lot of completions or yardage. And to get a feel for what's happening on the field you'd have to compare the stats of TE/H-Backs before, during, and after Fant's suddenly impactful period, And even then you aren't really getting the whole story. Not only because we went through three different starting QB's but because...they're just stats.
    Wrong. The idea that Fant was a "monster" when playing with Lock was false, he had one huge game and bunch of non-impact, and even one negative impact games. Then you said as Fant "fell off", other guys came open, again that is not backed up by anything at all, the production was what you could only describe as piss poor. Obviously you can just say "teams game planned against Fant", but how ? You could say that about any non-producing player to defend them, like everyone tried to say about Miller over recent years, despite it not being true. Facts are, Fant was not a "monster" with Lock, he had one huge game and during the rest he made no impact pass catching. Then according to you it was due to teams game planning against him, how ? And then other guys apparently "came open", to the tune of 2.9 catches for 21 yards per game, combined. What are we talking about here ? We making things up for the sake of it ? Why ?

I wonder if the Kansas City Chiefs fan boy is wearing his Red Chiefs jammies to bed every night till the Super Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I wonder if the Kansas City Chiefs fan boy is wearing his Red Chiefs jammies to bed every night till the Super Bowl?
    This isnít smack but I heard the local Kc bars were handing out flyers written in crayola!

Oh and Reidís playbook is actually plated with a KFC cover in an attempt to help him focus!

I am sorta hoping Young Shannys team wins. I donít have a horse in the race so It really doesnít matter. But I am not rooting for the Chiefs. I wish we could have beat them in the snow game this year.

Lock looked great at the end of the season. There is room for "hope". Next season will show if Lock can stand up "physically" to the punishment. If this season is indicative of anything, it is that Lock may have a problem with that.
    Lock will be fine! He suffered a freak injury!

Lock has a Tim Tebow like competitive spirit in a Jay Culter like body... If that doesnít get you excited, idk what will but that is the reality of the situation!

Tua May be Elway like, but can he stay healthy?
    Herbert? Could be the next Ryan Leaf!
    Fromm is an imposter!
    Hurts could be Lamar Jackson but Lock is still better.

Locks drive and physical talents will get Denver back to some serious contention! Believe it!