Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Kurt Benkert stole his thunder which kinda says it all for PS1.

I hope to see a guy rebound with purpose this next game. I would have liked to have seen a better outing or more reps than 7/11 ......... or put him in more important game situations than 'the middle'. Have him start or end
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post

I hope to see a guy rebound with purpose this next game. I would have liked to have seen a better outing or more reps than 7/11 ......... or put him in more important game situations than 'the middle'. Have him start or end
    In the preseason the middle is better than the end as far as level of competition goes. Half the guys who play the 4th quarter wonít be in the league when the regular season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    If you read my other posts I'm not making a big deal out of it. I think Lock has a lot of potential. I just think it's ridiculous that people are counting his overthrows as completions and saying he had a great game. I'm typically a half glass full kind of guy but his performance was beyond bad. Doesn't mean he can't rebound next week.
    It wasn't you in particular. Everyone looked pretty bad in that game except a few plays here and there, and that's both teams, not just the Broncos. I remember all the talk last year about how Mahomes was in trouble because he threw so many INTs in TC.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post

Benkert didn't look all that great either. Better than all the other QBs who played but that isn't saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    It wasn't you in particular. Everyone looked pretty bad in that game except a few plays here and there, and that's both teams, not just the Broncos. I remember all the talk last year about how Mahomes was in trouble because he threw so many INTs in TC.
    I thought Fant had a good game. 1 bad drop but he blocked well. Everyone had Hockenson as the Superior blocker out of Iowa but Fant is more than capable, he is going to be a great longtime answer for the Broncos!!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I thought Fant had a good game. 1 bad drop but he blocked well. Everyone had Hockenson as the Superior blocker out of Iowa but Fant is more than capable, he is going to be a great longtime answer for the Broncos!!!
    Fant did not have a good game. Besides the drop he looked back too early on the first deep route which slowed him down. That should have been a completion. Itís not anything unusual because heís a rookie. But he didnít play well enough to say he had a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Fant did not have a good game. Besides the drop he looked back too early on the first deep route which slowed him down. That should have been a completion. Itís not anything unusual because heís a rookie. But he didnít play well enough to say he had a good game.
    Opinions vary I guess, I thought his efforts blocking were well above par. As a receiver he showed, to me, he will be exactly what they drafted him for

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Don't forget the hold that pulled back a big run. 1 catch for 7 yards on 4 targets plus that hold doesn't equal a good game. It was about what I've come to expect from our tight ends which is not much.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Opinions vary I guess, I thought his efforts blocking were well above par. As a receiver he showed, to me, he will be exactly what they drafted him for
    I think he blocked well. I also think he will be a decent receiver, however...I'm not sure what you were "showed" that makes you think he will be a good receiver.

Heuerman apparently had a bad practice today as well. Hoping one tight end separates from the rest by week 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Heuerman apparently had a bad practice today as well. Hoping one tight end separates from the rest by week 1
    It shouldnít be hard for one TE to separate from the rest, but thatís probably asking too much. So far it appears Flacco has good chemistry with Sutton and I heard Sanders was his go to today. Looking back at all the debate on the contract for CHJ - seems ridiculous in the context of giving Heuermanís a contract. Flacco canít be expected to do everything - guys like Heuerman need to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Don't forget the hold that pulled back a big run. 1 catch for 7 yards on 4 targets plus that hold doesn't equal a good game. It was about what I've come to expect from our tight ends which is not much.
    The hold was mostly on the running back there. Looked as if Fant was ďscoopingĒ the defensive end getting him hooked for the run to hit in between the tackles, instead bounced outside which in that case Fant had to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Benkert didn't look all that great either. Better than all the other QBs who played but that isn't saying much.
    Completed less than 60% of his passes then seriously hurt himself trying to throw off one foot. I agree, pretty terrible game for him too.

There is doubt Drew Lock has the tools to potentially be a promising quarterback in the NFL. However, presently he is project rather than a player. He has a lot to learn before taking the helm as a quarterback.

I guess if all falls apart -- maybe Trevor Lawrence is in play in a couple years
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese