Page 101 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2266
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Ok, your right, it makes sense, if you want to trash Drew Lock, do it, if that's what you choose to do .
    I am going to be supportive of our young rookie QB, and give him a chance for the rest of this year and all of next year.
    I'm not trashing him, I've said several times I'm happy he got his first win so idk what you are talking about.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Players drafted at every position showed traits of being an NFL starter when they played in college. If not they wouldn’t be drafted. Showing traits of being a franchise quarterback doesn’t mean it will happen, it just means some of the foundation is there.
    Being an NFL qb was not determined after one college start so we will agree to disagree.

I love that Drew throws the ball Hard!
    Remember when Elway used to Zip that thing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I love that Drew throws the ball Hard!
    Remember when Elway used to Zip that thing!!!!
    His arm strength is among the best Denver has ever had, certainly the best in recent years. If he is able to put everything together, and he seems to lack no work ethic nor humility, then I think he will be a massive success.

Really, unless injuries derail him, I feel really good about his long term potential. I don't want to buy in too early, but I think he's going to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Being an NFL qb was not determined after one college start so we will agree to disagree.
    I think youíre missing the point about the traits demonstrated in a game, not just by Lock but by any quarterback (or player at any position). For example throwing the ball away instead of forcing a throw into a turnover shows good decision making. Changing the route on Suttonís first touchdown was based on reading the pre-snap coverage. That showed the trait of understanding the play had the option to change the route and ability to read the coverage. Scrambling and directing the receiver to move to a spot is a good trait - it showed he didnít panic under pressure. There were also areas he needs to work on, but the main point was that he showed some of the traits necessary to play the position. Showing some traits in one game doesnít mean heíll be successful long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    His arm strength is among the best Denver has ever had, certainly the best in recent years. If he is able to put everything together, and he seems to lack no work ethic nor humility, then I think he will be a massive success.

Really, unless injuries derail him, I feel really good about his long term potential. I don't want to buy in too early, but I think he's going to work out.
    I feel the same way, I am hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

Lock will do his part by putting the work into improving. The question is whether or not the FO will do their part to improve talent around him. Itís going to take more than Sutton and Lindsay. The line needs to improve at LT, C, RG and RT. Fant is developing but far from where he needs to be. We need a legitimate WR to compliment Sutton. Iím not convinced Freeman is the guy we need with Lindsay.

There have been a lot of quarterbacks with the skills to play, surrounded by mediocre talent. Itís not a surprise a lot of High first round quarterbacks fail, by default they were drafted high by bad teams.

Nothing wrong with liking a little taste of excitement when weíve been starved of it for several years. The kid handled himself well, had an excellent first half and won the game. Pretty darn good start. Long way to go, but thereís absolutely nothing wrong with being a bit enthusiastic about a young gun slinger.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Nothing wrong with liking a little taste of excitement when weíve been starved of it for several years. The kid handled himself well, had an excellent first half and won the game. Pretty darn good start. Long way to go, but thereís absolutely nothing wrong with being a bit enthusiastic about a young gun slinger.
    Agreed. In the midst of a rough season itís the possibility of having a long term answer at QB. Itís not just the plays but the enthusiasm and leadership he showed. When a play didnít work he showed he wasnít satisfied - a competitor.

Agreed. In the midst of a rough season itís the possibility of having a long term answer at QB. Itís not just the plays but the enthusiasm and leadership he showed. When a play didnít work he showed he wasnít satisfied - a competitor.
    I like how he commanded the huddle. He has the swagger youíre looking for. He looked ďreadyĒ, his mobility kept him from ďgetting killedĒ by the line and the thumb looks like a non issue. Itís only one start, but it was encouraging and Iím not ashamed to be excited about the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I like how he commanded the huddle. He has the swagger youíre looking for. He looked ďreadyĒ, his mobility kept him from ďgetting killedĒ by the line and the thumb looks like a non issue. Itís only one start, but it was encouraging and Iím not ashamed to be excited about the kid.
    Fangio made a comment about how he handled the play calling. He said Lock knew the plays because guys lined up without him explaining where they needed to be without confusion. Thatís a good sign. Like you said thereís a long way to go. Iím sure there will be rough patches but thatís part of the process.

I think you’re missing the point about the traits demonstrated in a game, not just by Lock but by any quarterback (or player at any position). For example throwing the ball away instead of forcing a throw into a turnover shows good decision making. Changing the route on Sutton’s first touchdown was based on reading the pre-snap coverage. That showed the trait of understanding the play had the option to change the route and ability to read the coverage. Scrambling and directing the receiver to move to a spot is a good trait - it showed he didn’t panic under pressure. There were also areas he needs to work on, but the main point was that he showed some of the traits necessary to play the position. Showing some traits in one game doesn’t mean he’ll be successful long term.
    Ok I agree with that. But I will say he a good decision to throw it away, or to make an audible at the line. However I would not say franchise trait. Vince young did the same think how did he turn out. I for one don't use the word franchise qb closely. It's not different if lock had a terrible game yesterday I would not say he is not gonna pan out in the nfl. It's just "one". I'm not gonna lock nor any qb did anything "franchise quarterbackish" in one game. I will say he had a good game and leave it at that. What here is about is 4-6 "franchise qb in the league I'm not gonna anything that they do to a one game starter. Franchise qb is all about playing at a high level consistantly. So again we will agree to disagree.

Lock will do his part by putting the work into improving. The question is whether or not the FO will do their part to improve talent around him. It’s going to take more than Sutton and Lindsay. The line needs to improve at LT, C, RG and RT. Fant is developing but far from where he needs to be. We need a legitimate WR to compliment Sutton. I’m not convinced Freeman is the guy we need with Lindsay.

There have been a lot of quarterbacks with the skills to play, surrounded by mediocre talent. It’s not a surprise a lot of High first round quarterbacks fail, by default they were drafted high by bad teams.
    That franchise qb elevate players around with that talent they have and make them a household name. Like brees, brady, and wilson does. Just my opinion.

Fangio made a comment about how he handled the play calling. He said Lock knew the plays because guys lined up without him explaining where they needed to be without confusion. Thatís a good sign. Like you said thereís a long way to go. Iím sure there will be rough patches but thatís part of the process.
    Oh, there will be a few Nuke LaLoosh moments, but he certainly doesnít have a deer in the headlights look to him. Iím legit excited to watch the rest of the games. Sort of strange to be pumped up for the last month of a 4-8 season, but I am and itís nice to have something to look forward to on Sundays again.

Last year was really hard to endure, especially late in the season. At least thereís some hope for the future right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    That franchise qb elevate players around with that talent they have and make them a household name. Like brees, brady, and wilson does. Just my opinion.
    That's a valid point. The term 'franchise quarterback' is kind of vague. You could go 'round and 'round coming up with a definition, but that is certainly one part of it.