Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I loved the run PFM and the broncos offense put together in 2013 but in all honesty, that 2012 team (aside from Moore & T Carter) was better.

I’ll always remember that game and how PFM was so elite and yet how Flacco played in that game against him in the zero below weather and that is why I’ve gotta have a certain degree of faith in Joe Flacco for this season!

The guy is capable of playing on an elite level himself!
    I fully agree. I think the 2012 team was the best all around team in Broncos history, but they didn't win anything so it's forgotten. They had a fast strike, score a lot of points offence. A lock down defense. And dynamic special teams. There have been other great teams in franchise history (97 and 98 for offense, 2015 for defense) but none that balanced.

The fact that Lock was able to do anything positive with this terrible group of backups shows he might actually have legit starting QB skills.

With these same guys, both Hogan and Rypien looked like a high school punter trying to play QB in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    The fact that Lock was able to do anything positive with this terrible group of backups shows he might actually have legit starting QB skills.

With these same guys, both Hogan and Rypien looked like a high school punter trying to play QB in the NFL
    Let's also not forget that he has a better points scored per drive than Flacco with the first team. Neither has scored a TD with the 1st team, but Lock's one and only series with the 1st team netted a FG while Flacco has gotten Field goals on 2 of his 4 drives with the 1st team.

I think Lock is going to be a good player, but the way you guys pine over young qbs is comical. lol
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

This is Bronco country where every QB must live up to Elway and Manning standards of play... Lol

I hope Lock heals up but I do not mind him being on IR all season.

He needs to work on some things he did not do in college. Once he has those down the game will start to slow down and he can react more and think less.

At that point we will know if we have a franchise qb or not.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I hope Lock heals up but I do not mind him being on IR all season.

He needs to work on some things he did not do in college. Once he has those down the game will start to slow down and he can react more and think less.

At that point we will know if we have a franchise qb or not.
    Which veteran QB would the Broncos sign in that scenario? If the Broncos start with a solid season and Flacco goes down, Hogan/Rypien are not viable backups.

Quote Originally Posted by jpark31 View Post
    This is Bronco country where every QB must live up to Elway and Manning standards of play... Lol
    Tough acts to follow!

Jake Plummer who before Manning had the best win rate of any Broncos starting QB was hated by many because he was not Elway, and according to Sundquist Shannahan fell in love with how Peyton worked when he coached Probowl after the 2005 season, that low and behold he went out and got the intellectual superstar Cutler. Manning also killed Tebow time - best argument was that he could not make it because Manning was better....wow.

We have had 2 of the QBs that keeps coming up in the conversations about the best QB's ever so sorry for Luck and Flacco - the bar is set high if they want love! Without at least getting to the SB they will fall into the bum Broncos QB pile!

Back in the Day, I bought a Plummer jersey!

(I liked Jake a lot.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Which veteran QB would the Broncos sign in that scenario? If the Broncos start with a solid season and Flacco goes down, Hogan/Rypien are not viable backups.
    Brock probably.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Brock probably.
    That could happen. If it did, Lock would probably end up on IR which would give him time to recover.

Brock had a great game against the Bears last year, so Fangio might approve of signing him as a backup QB.
    Last edited by samparnell; 08-26-2019 at 12:06 PM. Reason: additional
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Brock probably.
    Brock 3.0 would be a sad, sad, and maybe necessary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    If we picked up Brock again it would be an utter embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    If we picked up Brock again it would be an utter embarrassment.
    Who would you like to see as a backup QB who wouldn't utterly embarrass you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Right. That's the key part. For backup QB, who would be best? Brock Osweiler, Kevin Hogan or Brett Rypien, or __________? (fill in the blank)