Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It’s not surprising he’s struggling. He worked exclusively in the spread option at Boise. If he ever took snaps under center it was very rare
    I do not think Rypien is Struggling I think Drew Lock and it is expected of him since Drew 99.9 % of the time threw out of the Shot Gun under Dress his 4 Years of College so if Brett is ahead of Drew it will be ok not the end of the world as Drew will need to learn the ropes that is what TC and Pre Season is all about 2-3 Years and Drew should be Good To Go we as Fans just have to wait and I am ok with that since I know this Year Joe Flacco will play like a Man Possessed this Year and will light it on fire and Lead Denver to the Playoffs and Hopefully to another SB Victory !

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    He should play the first quarter this Thursday, than Rypien the second and third quarters, and Hogan the fourth. I think Rypien should get the most work as he will likely be the backup.
    I think itíd be better for Lock to get the 2nd and 3rd. Extra playing time and he can show what heís got in a 2 minute drill if it plays out right.

Hogan listed as no.2 in the first depth chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Hogan listed as no.2 in the first depth chart.
    As one would expect. He has already been the league for two years unlike Lock or Rypien, both of whom are rookies with little experience in a pro system. It's Hogan's job to lose, and from the sounds coming from camp, unless he has a breakthrough, he may not make the cuts after pre-season begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    As one would expect. He has already been the league for two years unlike Lock or Rypien, both of whom are rookies with little experience in a pro system. It's Hogan's job to lose, and from the sounds coming from camp, unless he has a breakthrough, he may not make the cuts after pre-season begins.
    This is how I see it... lock will ascend to the #2 position by the season...they will try to get rypen to the practice squad.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I think heíll be cut in the first wave of cuts. Heís just here to be an extra arm in the first preseason game so Lock and Rypien donít have to split halves. Although I suppose he could make it to the last game with that same line of thinking.

How about this Dream Scenario: Drew Lock Starting in 2-3 Years Backed Up with Rypien now that would be Great 1-2 Combo. Just some food for thought ! Damn I am Starving LoL .

I was more than disappointed with the staff passing on Haskins. Lock was super inaccurate and did poorly vs. good teams even when he wasn't pressured. Elway has done a great job with free agency, but has been up and down with the draft. His draft woes at OL and QB are more than apparent. I truly believe the "expert blindspot" is at work with his evaluation of QBs.

It's obvious he was gunshy picking a QB in the 1st round and had to with Lock still available in the 2nd. Why he used a 1st round pick on a TE who wasn't even the top TE in the draft is as much of a possible blunder as getting Haskins. Maybe they can coach up Lock, but that hasn't seemed to work with past QBs that were projects. It's a new staff now, so hopefully, they can make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
    I was more than disappointed with the staff passing on Haskins. Lock was super inaccurate and did poorly vs. good teams even when he wasn't pressured. Elway has done a great job with free agency, but has been up and down with the draft. His draft woes at OL and QB are more than apparent. I truly believe the "expert blindspot" is at work with his evaluation of QBs.

It's obvious he was gunshy picking a QB in the 1st round and had to with Lock still available in the 2nd. Why he used a 1st round pick on a TE who wasn't even the top TE in the draft is as much of a possible blunder as getting Haskins. Maybe they can coach up Lock, but that hasn't seemed to work with past QBs that were projects. It's a new staff now, so hopefully, they can make it happen.
    Save that opinion until after you see both after a year or 2. Haskins could very well be the biggest busy in this draft. College performance means nothing in the grand scheme of things

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I heard Back in '82, He used to be able to toss a pigskin a quarter of a mile.
    Drew Lock can throw a football 200yrds under water
    Sept. 10, 2006, Den@StL 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, Den@K.C. 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, Den@Stl 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I think he’ll be cut in the first wave of cuts. He’s just here to be an extra arm in the first preseason game so Lock and Rypien don’t have to split halves. Although I suppose he could make it to the last game with that same line of thinking.
    I don't believe their are any waves anymore. I think it I'd just one round of cuts after the final preseason game.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ozzies94ta View Post
    Drew Lock can throw a football 200yrds under water
    While you're out there playing patty cake with your friend Ozzie , your QB Lock is makin' 120 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I don't believe their are any waves anymore. I think it I'd just one round of cuts after the final preseason game.
    I think youíre right, but I wasnít sure. Either way I donít expect him here much longer after the first game, if he is I think heíll be playing mop up duty because live reps are too important for Lock and even Rypien at this point.

Or he may be released to free up a roster spot when an inevitable surprise cut happens. I thought Mike Daniels might have been a target but he signed with the Lions. I think the AJ Green injury situation is something to monitor as well with him being in a contract year (possible trade bait for a team that desperately needs a rebuild) although with Sutton coming on strong lately maybe not so much for us.

Hogan to start the HOF game.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...l-of-fame-game

Head Coach Vic Fangio announced after practice on Monday that quarterback Kevin Hogan will start for the Denver Broncos in their first preseason game. They will play the Atlanta Falcons in the Hall of Fame Game on Thursday.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I think you’re right, but I wasn’t sure. Either way I don’t expect him here much longer after the first game, if he is I think he’ll be playing mop up duty because live reps are too important for Lock and even Rypien at this point.

Or he may be released to free up a roster spot when an inevitable surprise cut happens. I thought Mike Daniels might have been a target but he signed with the Lions. I think the AJ Green injury situation is something to monitor as well with him being in a contract year (possible trade bait for a team that desperately needs a rebuild) although with Sutton coming on strong lately maybe not so much for us.

One cut down.. rule changed in 2017 apparently. So this is the day this year:

Aug. 31 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.
    Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.