Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 615
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Sam Bradford or Landry Jones. If Jarrett Stidham earns the backup role in New England, Brian Hoyer could be a possibility.
    Any of those guys would be better than Hogan including Brock Osweiler IMO. Bradford is a free agent, Jones is under contract to the XFL and Hoyer would need to be released, as you say.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,913
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Given Jimmy G’s propensity for missing games because of injury, I don’t know why the Niners would trade away one of their quarterbacks.
    They needed them all last year.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    It's true that there's a crucial role for many different players of differing skill levels...but this really feels like we've wandered into a crappy used car lot, shopping for some discarded rust bucket.

    Elway: "Can this thing even start?"
    Dealer: "Kinda."
    It's backup QB we're talking about. So, someone who can come off the bench and not lose the game; and, someone who might be able to start a game or two and do well.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,358
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    No way do I want to see a Landry Jones or a Brian Hoyer in a Denver Broncos Uniform ever that is like having Mark Sanchez Back UGH.....Now I would like to see if Denver can pry Nick Mullens away from the 49ers.. BTW How is Sloter doing in Minnesota? I saw a High Light of Sloter gaming ....
    The question was who would be a better option than Hogan/Rypien?

    Sloter and Nick Mullens are both on teams, with Cousins sucking it up, Minnesota probably keeps Sloter and the 49ers dont seem interested in trading Mullens.

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    The question was “who would be a better option than Hogan/Rypien?”

    Sloter and Nick Mullens are both on teams, with Cousins sucking it up, Minnesota probably keeps Sloter and the 49ers don’t seem interested in trading Mullens.
    ... or C.J. Beathard.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4
    Very excited to see what he's going to become, and props to the front office for manufacturing the draft day trades that landed them the free pick to get him at No. 41!
    Benevolent dictator of Trade Down Island!

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Down! View Post
    Very excited to see what he's going to become, and props to the front office for manufacturing the draft day trades that landed them the free pick to get him at No. 41!
    Drew Lock was probably the most polarizing QB in the draft. Right now we are all hopeful that he'll develop into the franchise QB we haven't had in 4 years.

  8. #293
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,662
    I would be interested in bring Osweiler back. I believe that with our team, our coaches, and what we want to do, Osweiler could step into the lineup in the case of injury and give us a chance to win. Obviously he isn't amazing, and if Flacco goes down I want to see Lock get his shot, but I don't ever want to see Hogan start a game in a Broncos uniform no matter the circumstance.

  9. #294
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,310
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I would be interested in bring Osweiler back. I believe that with our team, our coaches, and what we want to do, Osweiler could step into the lineup in the case of injury and give us a chance to win. Obviously he isn't amazing, and if Flacco goes down I want to see Lock get his shot, but I don't ever want to see Hogan start a game in a Broncos uniform no matter the circumstance.
    Not sure if he ends up back in Denver, but the system being run now would be similar to the system Denver ran in 2015, so he should be familiar with the terminology, which would make him a fit. Brian Hoyer has a lot of experience int he system as well, so he could be a proper fit also.

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    windsor, ontario
    Posts
    56
    Drew lock has been put on IR.
    Just read it on espn

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,310
    Quote Originally Posted by 309a View Post
    Drew lock has been put on IR.
    Just read it on espn
    He hasn't yet. He's currently on the 52 man roster (Denver is 1 below the maximum) until tomorrow because putting him on IR before tomorrow would put him out for the year. Putting him on IR tomorrow makes him eligible to return after 8 weeks.

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Not sure if he ends up back in Denver, but the system being run now would be similar to the system Denver ran in 2015, so he should be familiar with the terminology, which would make him a fit. Brian Hoyer has a lot of experience int he system as well, so he could be a proper fit also.
    Another name I would be okay with. Obviously these sort of signings are not glamorous, but they are needed in my opinion. I just realised Hogan was cut anyway, so my concern over him ever potentially starting a game has been erased. But yes, the Osweiler or Hoyer signings would make a lot of sense for those reasons you mentioned, I didn't even think of them.

  13. #298
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,684
    if the broncos are out of play off contention and lock gets off ir. i hope he ends up starting. we need to see what we have in him sooner then later.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    if the broncos are out of play off contention and lock gets off ir. i hope he ends up starting. we need to see what we have in him sooner then later.
    Yup . That would be the route I would take as well.

  15. #300
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    if the broncos are out of play off contention and lock gets off ir. i hope he ends up starting. we need to see what we have in him sooner then later.
    Yep - I think Flacco is far from the problem with this team and has played well but if you're out of contention, it's important to see what you have in Lock and start his development.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •