Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Sam Bradford or Landry Jones. If Jarrett Stidham earns the backup role in New England, Brian Hoyer could be a possibility.
    Any of those guys would be better than Hogan including Brock Osweiler IMO. Bradford is a free agent, Jones is under contract to the XFL and Hoyer would need to be released, as you say.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Given Jimmy G’s propensity for missing games because of injury, I don’t know why the Niners would trade away one of their quarterbacks.
    They needed them all last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    It's true that there's a crucial role for many different players of differing skill levels...but this really feels like we've wandered into a crappy used car lot, shopping for some discarded rust bucket.

Elway: "Can this thing even start?"
    Dealer: "Kinda."
    It's backup QB we're talking about. So, someone who can come off the bench and not lose the game; and, someone who might be able to start a game or two and do well.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    No way do I want to see a Landry Jones or a Brian Hoyer in a Denver Broncos Uniform ever that is like having Mark Sanchez Back UGH.....Now I would like to see if Denver can pry Nick Mullens away from the 49ers.. BTW How is Sloter doing in Minnesota? I saw a High Light of Sloter gaming ....
    The question was who would be a better option than Hogan/Rypien?

Sloter and Nick Mullens are both on teams, with Cousins sucking it up, Minnesota probably keeps Sloter and the 49ers dont seem interested in trading Mullens.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    The question was “who would be a better option than Hogan/Rypien?”

Sloter and Nick Mullens are both on teams, with Cousins sucking it up, Minnesota probably keeps Sloter and the 49ers don’t seem interested in trading Mullens.
    ... or C.J. Beathard.

Very excited to see what he's going to become, and props to the front office for manufacturing the draft day trades that landed them the free pick to get him at No. 41!
    Benevolent dictator of Trade Down Island!

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Down! View Post
    Very excited to see what he's going to become, and props to the front office for manufacturing the draft day trades that landed them the free pick to get him at No. 41!
    Drew Lock was probably the most polarizing QB in the draft. Right now we are all hopeful that he'll develop into the franchise QB we haven't had in 4 years.

I would be interested in bring Osweiler back. I believe that with our team, our coaches, and what we want to do, Osweiler could step into the lineup in the case of injury and give us a chance to win. Obviously he isn't amazing, and if Flacco goes down I want to see Lock get his shot, but I don't ever want to see Hogan start a game in a Broncos uniform no matter the circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I would be interested in bring Osweiler back. I believe that with our team, our coaches, and what we want to do, Osweiler could step into the lineup in the case of injury and give us a chance to win. Obviously he isn't amazing, and if Flacco goes down I want to see Lock get his shot, but I don't ever want to see Hogan start a game in a Broncos uniform no matter the circumstance.
    Not sure if he ends up back in Denver, but the system being run now would be similar to the system Denver ran in 2015, so he should be familiar with the terminology, which would make him a fit. Brian Hoyer has a lot of experience int he system as well, so he could be a proper fit also.

Drew lock has been put on IR.
    Just read it on espn

Quote Originally Posted by 309a View Post
    Drew lock has been put on IR.
    Just read it on espn
    He hasn't yet. He's currently on the 52 man roster (Denver is 1 below the maximum) until tomorrow because putting him on IR before tomorrow would put him out for the year. Putting him on IR tomorrow makes him eligible to return after 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Not sure if he ends up back in Denver, but the system being run now would be similar to the system Denver ran in 2015, so he should be familiar with the terminology, which would make him a fit. Brian Hoyer has a lot of experience int he system as well, so he could be a proper fit also.
    Another name I would be okay with. Obviously these sort of signings are not glamorous, but they are needed in my opinion. I just realised Hogan was cut anyway, so my concern over him ever potentially starting a game has been erased. But yes, the Osweiler or Hoyer signings would make a lot of sense for those reasons you mentioned, I didn't even think of them.

if the broncos are out of play off contention and lock gets off ir. i hope he ends up starting. we need to see what we have in him sooner then later.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    if the broncos are out of play off contention and lock gets off ir. i hope he ends up starting. we need to see what we have in him sooner then later.
    Yup . That would be the route I would take as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Yep - I think Flacco is far from the problem with this team and has played well but if you're out of contention, it's important to see what you have in Lock and start his development.