Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Hopefully that means Lock plays the longest.

I do believe that means Lock gets what, the 2nd and 3rd quarter?

Also who else is I'm intrigued by the possibility of Theo Riddick coming to play for us? He's been known as a reliable pass catching RB

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Also who else is I'm intrigued by the possibility of Theo Riddick coming to play for us? He's been known as a reliable pass catching RB
    He left without a contract so I'm guessing he won't be signed by us.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Reserving my judgement on Lock until I see some NFL regular season action.

Excited to have him on the Broncos and looking forward to him taking meaningful snaps when he is ready.

Decades of watching the NFL have taught to wait and watch when it comes to QB prospects

History shows that it’s extremely rare for a QB that was mediocre in college make it in the NFL, and the number goes down if you’d consider them great.

People will want to bring up exceptions to the rule like Brady, who didn’t struggle with accuracy like Lock did. Not sure why you’re saying Haskins is going to be a bust, he’s already impressing writers at camp.

Just remember this when Lock goes the way of every QB Elway has drafted. Haskins broke Drew Brees’ single season B1G10 records for TDs & Yards. Lock’s numbers were padded vs garbage teams and then he’d struggle vs. good teams, where Haskins killed top defenses. He threw for 6 TDs vs. the #1 ranked defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
    History shows that it’s extremely rare for a QB that was mediocre in college make it in the NFL, and the number goes down if you’d consider them great.

People will want to bring up exceptions to the rule like Brady, who didn’t struggle with accuracy like Lock did. Not sure why you’re saying Haskins is going to be a bust, he’s already impressing writers at camp.

Just remember this when Lock goes the way of every QB Elway has drafted. Haskins broke Drew Brees’ single season B1G10 records for TDs & Yards. Lock’s numbers were padded vs garbage teams and then he’d struggle vs. good teams, where Haskins killed top defenses. He threw for 6 TDs vs. the #1 ranked defense.
    Are you saying Dwayne Haskins will definitely succeed, and that Drew Lock will definitely fail?

not sure what this has to do with anything. Haskins plays in Washington

Sorry but how was Lock mediocre in college? He put up big stats on a way less talented team than Haskins. I still think Lock is a project and needs to sit but your assertion that he was mediocre in college is not based in fact at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Sorry but how was Lock mediocre in college? He put up big stats on a way less talented team than Haskins. I still think Lock is a project and needs to sit but your assertion that he was mediocre in college is not based in fact at all.
    His username shows his Ohio State bias.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Are you saying Dwayne Haskins will definitely succeed, and that Drew Lock will definitely fail?
    This was a reply to an earlier post that didn't show the other poster's comments. I did it on my phone and something happened. I was responding to this:

"Save that opinion until after you see both after a year or 2. Haskins could very well be the biggest busy in this draft. College performance means nothing in the grand scheme of things"

From watching every snap of Haskin's career and half a dozen from the last two years from Lock, I'm confident in saying Haskins is the better QB and it's not close.

This was a reply to an earlier post that didn't show the other poster's comments. I did it on my phone and something happened. I was responding to this:

"Save that opinion until after you see both after a year or 2. Haskins could very well be the biggest busy in this draft. College performance means nothing in the grand scheme of things"

From watching every snap of Haskin's career and half a dozen from the last two years from Lock, I'm confident in saying Haskins is the better QB and it's not close.
    Well to be fair, every snap of Haskins career encompasses one season. Lock started for 4 seasons and got better in each one. Lock also didn't have the talent advantage that Haskins enjoyed at Ohio State. Ohio State is a powerhouse team, with talent everywhere, when they go against a team like Purdue, it's a complete mismatch from the top to bottom of each roster. Meanwhile when Missou (a relative football minnow) goes against Alabama, Georgia etc. it's not a fair fight.

But strictly between those two QBs, I'd rather take the chance on one who played 4 years on a less talented team, than a QB who played 1 year for one of the most talented teams. I'd be curious how many QBs that have played just 1 year of college football actually have success in the NFL? You're quick to say Lock was mediocre, so lets start looking at flash in the pan QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Yeah, he was not great, like at all.

His QBR was 82 for the year, and was only that high because of feasting on some really bad defenses.

The "He played for a bad team" excuse is paper-thin. Yes, he had less than a 50 QBR vs. teams like Alabama, SC, and Georgia but when you look at his numbers vs. UT Martin (a FCS team) his QBR was 87 and it was 82 vs. Oklahoma State.

Yeah, he was not great, like at all.

His QBR was 82 for the year, and was only that high because of feasting on some really bad defenses.

The "He played for a bad team" excuse is paper-thin. Yes, he had less than a 50 QBR vs. teams like Alabama, SC, and Georgia but when you look at his numbers vs. UT Martin (a FCS team) his QBR was 87 and it was 82 vs. Oklahoma State.
    The NCAA uses a different QB Rating system, so no Lock's QB rating was never 82 for a season. I'd also love to know which bad defenses he feasted on? I get that he didn't play heavyweight defenses like Rutgers, Tulane, Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraksa and Purdue...

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Well to be fair, every snap of Haskins career encompasses one season. Lock started for 4 seasons and got better in each one. Lock also didn't have the talent advantage that Haskins enjoyed at Ohio State. Ohio State is a powerhouse team, with talent everywhere, when they go against a team like Purdue, it's a complete mismatch from the top to bottom of each roster. Meanwhile when Missou (a relative football minnow) goes against Alabama, Georgia etc. it's not a fair fight.

But strictly between those two QBs, I'd rather take the chance on one who played 4 years on a less talented team, than a QB who played 1 year for one of the most talented teams. I'd be curious how many QBs that have played just 1 year of college football actually have success in the NFL? You're quick to say Lock was mediocre, so lets start looking at flash in the pan QBs.
    Cam Newton & Mitch Trubisky. I don't understand why people diminish his accomplishments because he played on a good team. So did a ton of QBs picked in the 1st round. He made the best of it too. He broke Brees' BIG10 single-season TD and Yards records, he hung up 6 TDs on the #1 defense in the NCAA. He got better as the year went on and was calling all of the audibles in a very complex system by the end of the year.

I hope Lock works out, but I have zero faith in Elway's ability to select QBs in