Page 36 of 108 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast
    If he isn't starting for the Browns game, Denver has no plan to start him this year IMHO. Which would be a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    If he isn't starting for the Browns game, Denver has no plan to start him this year IMHO. Which would be a shame.
    If he isnít starting for the Browns game, it complete solidifies the notion that the FO and coaching staff is completely delusional.

You can't put Lock in when the O Line is basically like wet toilet paper. How many sacks did they give up last night, 11? They made the Chief D-Line look like a bunch of first ballot hall-of-famers. And that's with an experienced QB that's supposed to be able to make fast reads and know where to go with the ball, allegedly.

Now, if Flacco and Allen get hurt, well at that point they have no choice but to play Lock. But I don't think it should happen unless there's no other choice. This O Line is that bad.

I agree with the fact that this O-line will literally get Lock killed.

He will be a lot more mobile than Flacco. But I am afraid of poor pass blocking which will lead Lock to continue to use poor mechanics instead of refining them = poor development.

He either sinks or swims, we can't have a concrete statue standing behind that offensive line.
    Throw him out there!

So if putting Lock out there is such a bad idea, we just hide him on the bench for 3 years while we fix the o-line? Should we just keep bringing in bridge QBs until the team is nice and ready for him? He needs to be accessed before this draft. I agree that the o-line sucks, but I think 6 games will show if he has any aptitude. We canít just keep hiding our young QBs on the bench.

I know that the argument will be that it will hurt his confidence and development and they are risking injury. I just think itís the best move right now. We cannot just hide him until the rest of the team is fixed.

If we wait for a perfect OL before playing a young QB, we'll never play a young QB.

It will test his ability to raise all ships, a necessary quality in all franchise QBs, regardless of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    I agree with the fact that this O-line will literally get Lock killed.

He will be a lot more mobile than Flacco. But I am afraid of poor pass blocking which will lead Lock to continue to use poor mechanics instead of refining them = poor development.
    It will be a better unit with James instead of Wilkinson, plus Lock can actually move around to avoid pressure unlike Flacco

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Deshaun Watson gets hit on almost every pass, yet heís fine. Put Lock in see what he can do

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    It will be a better unit with James instead of Wilkinson, plus Lock can actually move around to avoid pressure unlike Flacco
    This 1000%^^^^^^

Have to start Lock whether he's ready or not. Any start from Flacco from here out is wasted. The Chiefs went all in on stopping the run daring Flacco to beat them. He couldn't and Lindsay and Freeman had nowhere to run.

The more Flacco starts, the more we lose. The more we lose, the more our stars want out. CHJ has already made it clear he doesn't want to be here. Sad thing is our defense is good enough that if we had a halfway decent offense, we'd easily be a contender. If Lock can come in and inject some life into the offense, perhaps we can turn this year around. Or at least look to build up for next year.

And if he looks awful, we can go into the offseason looking to find a true franchise QB. We gotta find out before we lose our key defensive pieces and end up having to rebuild BOTH sides of the ball.

Is he even throwing and practicing yet?
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    If we wait for a perfect OL before playing a young QB, we'll never play a young QB.

It will test his ability to raise all ships, a necessary quality in all franchise QBs, regardless of age.
    Flacco is part of the problem. Heís slow getting the ball out.

When he's healthy and practiced, give him the ball!

My argument....why wait another offseason before playing him in the bigs? He will take some hits, throw some pics, make poor decisions. BUT, if he shows any sense of being "the guy", he will have til next September to grow and develop, and learn from what he experienced. Youth, time and experience can often equate to rapid growth.

If we don't lay him, then we just prolong the inevitable....and another year is too much to sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    When he's healthy and practiced, give him the ball!

My argument....why wait another offseason before playing him in the bigs? He will take some hits, throw some pics, make poor decisions. BUT, if he shows any sense of being "the guy", he will have til next September to grow and develop, and learn from what he experienced. Youth, time and experience can often equate to rapid growth.

If we don't lay him, then we just prolong the inevitable....and another year is too much to sacrifice.
    Lock had a poor line at Missouri and his receivers were notorious for dropping balls. He was thrown into action as a true freshman when Mauk went down. Lock improved every year with little to work with. Get him out there and get him as many games possible before end of season.