Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
    Yeah, he was not great, like at all.

His QBR was 82 for the year, and was only that high because of feasting on some really bad defenses.

The "He played for a bad team" excuse is paper-thin. Yes, he had less than a 50 QBR vs. teams like Alabama, SC, and Georgia but when you look at his numbers vs. UT Martin (a FCS team) his QBR was 87 and it was 82 vs. Oklahoma State.
    You're right, the talent that is on your team has absolutely nothing to do with a players success. Just wished Haskins went to my alma mater, Colorado State, so we could've competed for a national title last year
    Last edited by JW7; 07-30-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    You're right, the talent that is on your team has absolutely nothing to do with the teams success. Just wished Haskins went to my alma matter, Colorado State, so we could've competed for a national title last year
    Yeah, that doesn't hold weight. You can't have poor QBR vs. an FCS team and say he had it bad. Mizzu vs. Unversity of Tennesse of Martin and Oklahoma State's defenses show you all you need to know.

Yeah, that doesn't hold weight. You can't have poor QBR vs. an FCS team and say he had it bad. Mizzu vs. Unversity of Tennesse of Martin and Oklahoma State's defenses show you all you need to know.
    who cares about Haskins...........
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 07-30-2019 at 02:52 PM.

A two game sample that you cherry picked is all I need to know about the player. Good to know...

Cam Newton & Mitch Trubisky. I don't understand why people diminish his accomplishments because he played on a good team. So did a ton of QBs picked in the 1st round. He made the best of it too. He broke Brees' BIG10 single-season TD and Yards records, he hung up 6 TDs on the #1 defense in the NCAA. He got better as the year went on and was calling all of the audibles in a very complex system by the end of the year.

I hope Lock works out, but I have zero faith in Elway's ability to select QBs in
    Cam Newton has been the definition of a mediocre NFL QB. He can't throw at all (because he uses all arm and no lower body) as soon as his legs go he'll be out of the NFL. I'm a UNC fan, and this is a make or break year for Trubisky. He has absolutely not been a success in the NFL thus far. He hasn't crashed and burned, but he hasn't been the QB they've wanted either.

It's great that you love Haskins, how do his numbers compare to Tim Tebow in the same offense? The system is so complex and intricate, and an NFL training ground, has Meyer developed 1 successful, long term starter in the NFL? You could argue Alex Smith, but he's been pretty much a middle of the road QB his entire career. So again I would question your belief in Meyer's system.

I have zero faith in an Urban Meyer QB turning into a good to great (or better) NFL QB.

Yeah, he was not great, like at all.

His QBR was 82 for the year, and was only that high because of feasting on some really bad defenses.

The "He played for a bad team" excuse is paper-thin. Yes, he had less than a 50 QBR vs. teams like Alabama, SC, and Georgia but when you look at his numbers vs. UT Martin (a FCS team) his QBR was 87 and it was 82 vs. Oklahoma State.
    Haskins QBR was 84. He had 4 games with QBR over 90. Lock had 6........

Both players played against Purdue last year.

Lock QBR: 90
    Haskins QBR: 66.8

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    A two game sample that you cherry picked is all I need to know about the player. Good to know...
    Well I can show you his under 50 QBR vs. real teams but you'll cry he was on a bad team.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Cam Newton has been the definition of a mediocre NFL QB. He can't throw at all (because he uses all arm and no lower body) as soon as his legs go he'll be out of the NFL. I'm a UNC fan, and this is a make or break year for Trubisky. He has absolutely not been a success in the NFL thus far. He hasn't crashed and burned, but he hasn't been the QB they've wanted either.

It's great that you love Haskins, how do his numbers compare to Tim Tebow in the same offense? The system is so complex and intricate, and an NFL training ground, has Meyer developed 1 successful, long term starter in the NFL? You could argue Alex Smith, but he's been pretty much a middle of the road QB his entire career. So again I would question your belief in Meyer's system.

I have zero faith in an Urban Meyer QB turning into a good to great (or better) NFL QB.
    So tell me where Elway has drafted a QB a good as Smith.

Well I can show you his under 50 QBR vs. real teams but you'll cry he was on a bad team.
    What do Haskins numbers look like if he played for Mizzou? Are they competing for even a SEC title? Stop pretending like OSU isn't a much more talented team and it didn't aide immensely in the success of Haskins last year

This thread is about Drew Lock. The appropriate area for other QBs is in the NFL and Other Teams thread. Lets get this back on track.

Last edited by skeeter01; 07-30-2019 at 04:16 PM.

I'm looking forward to actually seeing football players playing football. Only then can ask myself what I'm looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I'm looking forward to actually seeing football players playing football. Only then can ask myself what I'm looking at.
    Hopefully looking at football players?
    Glen Haven Fire

No secrets I was higher on Jones than I was Lock but he wasn't far behind. I think Lock is going to turn out to be a very good QB. Will he make mistakes??? Absolutely, Brady makes mistakes, Rogers makes mistakes, etc etc. He won't be perfect but he'll be what we need, imo.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Hopefully looking at football players?
    What they do?

Like Thermos bottle. Put in something cold stay cold. Put in something hot stay hot. How do it know?

Football players line up and do something. What was that? DVR helps.