Page 42 of 113 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
    When he is the best QB on the roster he will probably be the Starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    When he is the best QB on the roster he will probably be the Starter.
    Thus the issue with our current QB situation. We don't know who the best QB on our roster is. We have our starter who has been average throughout most of his career who now seems her over the hill. We have his backup who has never taken a regular season snap. We have our top draft pick who has never taken a regular season snap. And we have a guy on our practice squad who has never taken a regular season snap.

If we wanted to get into worst case scenario at the QB position, hard to imagine anything else. We brought in a veteran who has never been anywhere close to great on the downside of his career and 3 other QBs that have exactly no NFL experience. We have no certain viable option that can lead this offense. You'd hope one of the young guys can, but until you see them actually play NFL football, you can't know for certain.

Thus the biggest issue with how Elway has built this team. He's aquired decent pieces just about everywhere. But when it comes to finding the answer at the exact position he played at a Hall of Fame level, he's failed catastrophically. Why Elway's eye for QB talent is so far off is anyone's guess. It could just be because finding a franchise QB is always a crap shoot.

Look at how many franchises have been drafting QBs trying to find the guy. The Bills haven't had a good QB since Jim Kelly. The Bengals are called the Bungles for a reason. The Cards best QBs best success lately have come from older vets brought in from free agency in Warner and Palmer. Murray looks like he might be the real deal, but it's still early. Tennessee has flopped with Young, flopped with Locker, and now looks like they flopped with Mariota.

Point is, taking the guy you like is never a guarantee they'll be successful. So far Elway hasn't found a guy that he likes that is also actually capable of achieving NFL ability. But there are a lot of teams out there that struggle with the exact same issue. And we aren't going to be successful until we do find the guy.

Hopefully Lock is that guy. We need to find out soon, though. The Broncos are obviously going nowhere with Flacco.
    Last edited by Megalodon30; 10-23-2019 at 05:57 AM.

Well, we can only hope, it can get better from here?

Hopefully.... the Raiders have only made the playoffs one time in the last 16 years, and finished below .500 13 of those 16 years. Hopefully were not in for that kind of suckitude

Certainly can't get much worse. But as Madame de Stal was keen to say, "One must choose in life between boredom and suffering." We're at that point right now in Broncos country. Luckily enough we've seen a SB victory recently. Might have to watch that one on YouTube again soon.

I have all 3 Super Bowl wins on DVR!!!
    I may have to break out the PS4 and make a Broncos "Superteam" and win multiple Super Bowls on Madden!!!
    (That's what I used to do many years ago, before the Broncos ever won The real Super Bowls!!!!)

I have all 3 Super Bowl wins on DVR!!!
    I may have to break out the PS4 and make a Broncos "Superteam" and win multiple Super Bowls on Madden!!!
    (That's what I used to do many years ago, before the Broncos ever won The real Super Bowls!!!!)

I like to go back to the Maddens with Tebow and have him lead the Broncos to undefeated seasons and win the Super Bowl. I was a big Tebow fan back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    I like to go back to the Maddens with Tebow and have him lead the Broncos to undefeated seasons and win the Super Bowl. I was a big Tebow fan back in the day.
    I hear ya . Big Tebow fan . Loved his attitude and who he is a person . My Boxer/ Pit name is Tebow lol.

I don't really like playing Madden with a lefty QB, I have done it, I did with Tebow on the Broncos and it was fun!
    Tebow was the last Broncos QB to win a playoff game other than PFM in many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Sure, he remains on IR right now. Sounds like they're still holding out hope to contend this year. I still maintain my stance that Lock being evaluated this year is key to the upcoming offseason. If he doesn't get a shot, I'll be very disappointed. Still, there's 9 weeks to go. Watching how it unfolds will be interesting. I just hope we're not stuck with Flacco for the rest of this year and next.

Ugh. Wonder if were waiting to activate Lock to see how Flacco does the next couple of weeks . However what would it hurt to allow him to practice. I smell bull crap .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I hear ya . Big Tebow fan . Loved his attitude and who he is a person . My Boxer/ Pit name is Tebow lol.
    I think he enjoyed being here too. I believe I remember him getting a dog and naming it Bronco when he still played for Denver.

I'm going to be sick...

But if the Broncos are 2-7 or 3-6 at the bye, Lock would likely start practicing in week 11. The plan at that point would be to practice three full weeks before Lock would be activated as a backup QB for the final four games of the season with a chance to play in the final game or two.
    Horrific mismanagement of the roster and even worse of the QB position.

I don't really like playing Madden with a lefty QB, I have done it, I did with Tebow on the Broncos and it was fun!
    Tebow was the last Broncos QB to win a playoff game other than PFM in many years.
    Yep. Our playoff run began with Tebow and ended with a Manning Super Bowl. Good times.

And that 2010-2011 Broncos may have been worse than the last couple seasons. Amazing to think what Tebow and the 2011 Broncos accomplished. Really makes you realize how important it is for your team to have a leader they can rally behind. This team was as depressed under Orton as we are under Flacco.

Hopefully Lock can bring as much attitude and spirit that Timmy did.