Page 47 of 117 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 1753
  1. #691
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,308
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    He has 2 years under contract and there is the whole trust vs ownership thing. He will likely remain the GM for the remainder of his contract. Also, I'm thinking the entire FO will get a reboot once the trust is out of the picture..
    Agreed

    Elway is under contract and has had recent success.

    Internet Fan Rage is not going to push him out the door.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

  2. #692
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Ok, sure. But he also could prove to be "the guy". I don't even know what ready really means. Does it mean he is good in practice? Does it mean he knows the playbook forwards and backwards? Perfect example is Tebow - who you liked. He was the complete opposite of NFL ready, yet he at least brought some excitement and hope to the table. My point (as always), being it's time to stop hiding guys behind old, mediocre QBs. It's all pretty moot, though.
    I'm just trying to understand their perspective. If it was me, Flacco would already be riding the bench. I'm just saying I can see why they're more willing to see what Fant has right now than Lock. If it was up to me, Lock would have been taken off IR this week. Apparently the staff feels different. If Lock starts early and fails, its far more detrimental to the offense than a TE failing. I see why even if I disagree with their approach.
    Last edited by Megalodon30; 10-24-2019 at 12:32 PM.

  3. #693
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Agreed

    Elway is under contract and has had recent success.

    Internet Fan Rage is not going to push him out the door.
    No, he is going to be gone in 2 years. If we had an owner, this would be his last season. "Internet fan rage" has nothing to do with it. There is very little he has done right in the last 4 seasons, and his actions with Flacco and Lock show that he isn't going to start making better decisions.

  4. #694
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,853
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    No, he is going to be gone in 2 years. If we had an owner, this would be his last season. "Internet fan rage" has nothing to do with it. There is very little he has done right in the last 4 seasons, and his actions with Flacco and Lock show that he isn't going to start making better decisions.
    Further to....I think fans have been fairly kind to Elway, given how much respect we have for him, for all he's done. For me, once you have a slight change of heart, it is hard to look the other way. I can see having issues, losing some games, and even being allowed time to right the ship....but I am dismayed how a great former QB can not find a fix at QB and Oline….which should be his bread and butter.

  5. #695
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Agreed

    Elway is under contract and has had recent success.

    Internet Fan Rage is not going to push him out the door.
    If this were any other relationship other than John Elway and the Denver Broncos, and if this team had an actual owner, he would have been fired after last season. I have little doubt about that.

    No one is as big of a fan of Elway as me. But he has been failing as a GM for the better part of 4 years and if people can't see or admit that then they're not being honest about the overall situation.

  6. #696
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    I'm just trying to understand their perspective. If it was me, Flacco would already be riding the bench. I'm just saying I can see why they're more willing to see what Fant has right now than Lock. If it was up to me, Lock would have been taken off IR this week. Apparently the staff feels different. If Lock starts early and fails, its far more detrimental to the offense than a TE failing. I see why even if I disagree with their approach.
    I get it. I'm not even really disagreeing with your point. More like disagreeing with their perspective.

  7. #697
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,880
    Why is Elway deciding who starts at QB anyways? Isnít that the head coachís job? If John doesnít trust his head coach to make the right choice then heís hired the wrong guy. Good lord what a mess we are.

  8. #698
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,859
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Why is Elway deciding who starts at QB anyways? Isn’t that the head coach’s job? If John doesn’t trust his head coach to make the right choice then he’s hired the wrong guy. Good lord what a mess we are.
    That's a very good point. Elway should let his coaches do the coaching / depth charts / etc.

  9. #699
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Why is Elway deciding who starts at QB anyways? Isnít that the head coachís job? If John doesnít trust his head coach to make the right choice then heís hired the wrong guy. Good lord what a mess we are.
    Good point. On the other hand, maybe Vic doesnít want him on the field either.

  10. #700
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,927
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Why is Elway deciding who starts at QB anyways? Isnít that the head coachís job? If John doesnít trust his head coach to make the right choice then heís hired the wrong guy. Good lord what a mess we are.
    Can't argue with that, whether he is ready to play should be entirely Fangios choice


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  11. #701
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,927
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Can't argue with that, whether he is ready to play should be entirely Fangios choice
    Or Lock himself? If he is healthy and ready to play and wants a shot I think he should be given the chance


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  12. #702
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,384
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    If this were any other relationship other than John Elway and the Denver Broncos, and if this team had an actual owner, he would have been fired after last season. I have little doubt about that.

    No one is as big of a fan of Elway as me. But he has been failing as a GM for the better part of 4 years and if people can't see or admit that then they're not being honest about the overall situation.
    ^^^ A lot of truth here...
    [

  13. #703
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Or Lock himself? If he is healthy and ready to play and wants a shot I think he should be given the chance
    Agreed, but I really donít thatís heíll get a shot. Maybe a game or two at the end of the season, maybe - if they take him off IR. I think theyíve pretty much made it clear that they plan on sticking with Flacco.

  14. #704
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Why is Elway deciding who starts at QB anyways? Isnít that the head coachís job? If John doesnít trust his head coach to make the right choice then heís hired the wrong guy. Good lord what a mess we are.
    Heís also dictating how Lindsay is used.

    Why donít they use Lindsay out of the backfield In more pass catching situations?

    Because John Elway think less is more.

    He has this ridiculous theory that if you utilize Lindsayís versatility, you might get him hurt. Therefore the less heís on the field the better.

    People working for the organization are beginning to question his ability to make decisions as time goes on.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-24-2019 at 04:13 PM.

  15. #705
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,563
    Team knows if Lock is ready or not.
    Donít want to see him until he is ready

    Patience is a virtue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •