Page 68 of 140 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2095
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Not really

Itís unlikely that Drew Lock is the answer.

If he were, the team probably would have handled his injury situation differently.

Like Iíve said before, I lean toward wanting Lock to play, but Iím fine if they ride with Allen until the wheels fall off.
    This is suck a knee jerk reaction. If we give up on a player over 2 1/3 games of preseason football we are officially the new Cleveland Browns. That would be the absolute worst roster management in league history.

Even Paxton Lynch got more than two years of preseason and regular season failures before the team moved on.

Just because they are taking his thumb injury (on his throwing hand by the way) cautiously in no way means the team has already given up on someone they gave up extra picks for in the second round.

People just need to get this silly notion out of their heads.

Not really

If he were, the team probably would have handled his injury situation differently.

Like Iíve said before, I lean toward wanting Lock to play, but Iím fine if they ride with Allen until the wheels fall off.
    The wheels have already fallen off.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    This is suck a knee jerk reaction. If we give up on a player over 2 1/3 games of preseason football we are officially the new Cleveland Browns. That would be the absolute worst roster management in league history.

Even Paxton Lynch got more than two years of preseason and regular season failures before the team moved on.

Just because they are taking his thumb injury (on his throwing hand by the way) cautiously in no way means the team has already given up on someone they gave up extra picks for in the second round.

People just need to get this silly notion out of their heads.
    Exactly right . It crazy how we can deem a player a bust or a franchise Qb with very little experience . We really dont know until they get some games under their belt .

Like you said in an earlier post, the FO is basically telling us they want another year to assess the QB position. Thatís the main problem. This is a prime year to actually assess what you have and make better decisions about the upcoming offseason.

QB is the #1 issue with this team (o-line being 1a). They really need to identify their QB and commit to him. Going into yet another offseason with QB being a giant question mark is just really bad strategy IMO.

As is stands we have Flacco and Allen who have had playing time. We have two complete unknowns behind them. Flacco is a question mark to return next year. That leaves us with Allen being the only QB on the roster with any playing time. They are setting themselves up for another mess at the QB position. It really makes no sense to me.

In all honesty, my main gripe is the lack of commitment to identifying their QB. Maybe Allen is their guy. In that case, freaking commit to him, announce heís your guy, commit and build the o-line. They wonít do that though. They keep sandbagging and deflecting and hiding guys on the bench.

For me, itís all about their strategy when it comes to the QB position. Itís always this procrastination process that is yielding poor production. I really canít stand the idea of ďtrying to figure it out next yearĒ. Especially since there is a big fat golden path laid out for them this year to finally assess their QB and either commit to a guy on the roster or go get someone special in the draft - and commit to him.

Nope. Letís just wait until next year and do the same thing all over again. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    The wheels have already fallen off.
    They havenít fallen off the Brandon Allen wagon.

In general, sure, the wheels have fallen off, before Allen took over as the starter.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

They havenít fallen off the Brandon Allen wagon.

In general, sure, the wheels have fallen off, before Allen took over as the starter.
    I pretty much agree with this. The season is unfortunately down the drain. However wheels falling off would be getting blown out week in and week out. Not nearly pulling off an upset over a team who very well could be the top NFC team.

Not really

Lock is not and they know they made a huge mistake, so they are hiding him behind his injury. Fix the line and middle linebacker and get justin fields in 2021
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

I hope Lock starts more than just the last 2 games of the season but I don't think it is "vital" that he gets more starts. I can see the Broncos passing on a QB in the 2020 draft and go with the young QBs they have. No matter what Lock does in his starts this season.

It does suck that the Broncos are struggling to find a good QB but ... virtually all teams normally struggle to find good QBs via the draft. Take, for instance that in the drafts from 2010-2017 (I am using those years because the QBs taken in the last 2 drafts still have some time to determine whether they are good or not) there were 21 QBs taken in the 1st round, subjectively 6 have been good QBs. That is less than 30% success rate. Now there are some QBs taken in that time that still could be good QBs or might not be in the long run, for instance in 2017 the 3 1st rounders were Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson; I say Mahomes and Watson are good QBs but Trubisky has not yet proven to live up to his draft position but that is my opinion. In 2016 there was Goff, Wentz and Lynch; easy to say that Lynch is a bust, Goff has been a success and Wentz? IDK looks to be a good pick. That would be 4 probable successes out of the 6 I came up with, but give it another 2 years and that # could change in either direction. Then we have the 2015 draft that had Mariota and Winston ... at this point in time it does not look like either is living up to their draft position although Winston isn't bad just not great, that is subjective. There is only Andrew Luck and Cam Newton that were successful picks between 2010 and 2014.
    The last 2 drafts ... I would say that the jury is still out on Mayfield but he looks like he is going to be a good QB? Darnold? IDK so far. Josh Allen? hard to say yet, he is winning games leading the Bills but his passing stats are not great. The other Josh? So far BAD.
    Kyler Murray looks to be a good pick... so far. Daniel Jones looks to be a good pick... so far; I am thinking he is already hitting his ceiling though? Haskins doesn't look good at all.
    Minshew, taken much later, a QB that I liked has maybe been the most successful of these, although he is probably at his ceiling?

Only 53% of all 1st round draft picks are considered a success, with the last 10 picks in the first round averaging only 47% success since 2011. Success here is based on Pro Football Reference's AV. An AV of 5 or more per year = success.
    A little over 2 out of every 3 players drafted are a bust - with over half (53%) of all draft picks adding no value to the team that drafted them- and 9 out of 10 have basically undistinguished careers in the NFL.

If Lock becomes a "good" QB for the Broncos it should be considered a great, sleeper pick by the Broncos. The norm for this 2nd round pick is less than a 50/50 success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I hope Lock starts more than just the last 2 games of the season but I don't think it is "vital" that he gets more starts. I can see the Broncos passing on a QB in the 2020 draft and go with the young QBs they have. No matter what Lock does in his starts this season.

It does suck that the Broncos are struggling to find a good QB but ... virtually all teams normally struggle to find good QBs via the draft. Take, for instance that in the drafts from 2010-2017 (I am using those years because the QBs taken in the last 2 drafts still have some time to determine whether they are good or not) there were 21 QBs taken in the 1st round, subjectively 6 have been good QBs. That is less than 30% success rate. Now there are some QBs taken in that time that still could be good QBs or might not be in the long run, for instance in 2017 the 3 1st rounders were Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson; I say Mahomes and Watson are good QBs but Trubisky has not yet proven to live up to his draft position but that is my opinion. In 2016 there was Goff, Wentz and Lynch; easy to say that Lynch is a bust, Goff has been a success and Wentz? IDK looks to be a good pick. That would be 4 probable successes out of the 6 I came up with, but give it another 2 years and that # could change in either direction. Then we have the 2015 draft that had Mariota and Winston ... at this point in time it does not look like either is living up to their draft position although Winston isn't bad just not great, that is subjective. There is only Andrew Luck and Cam Newton that were successful picks between 2010 and 2014.
    The last 2 drafts ... I would say that the jury is still out on Mayfield but he looks like he is going to be a good QB? Darnold? IDK so far. Josh Allen? hard to say yet, he is winning games leading the Bills but his passing stats are not great. The other Josh? So far BAD.
    Kyler Murray looks to be a good pick... so far. Daniel Jones looks to be a good pick... so far; I am thinking he is already hitting his ceiling though? Haskins doesn't look good at all.
    Minshew, taken much later, a QB that I liked has maybe been the most successful of these, although he is probably at his ceiling?

Only 53% of all 1st round draft picks are considered a success, with the last 10 picks in the first round averaging only 47% success since 2011. Success here is based on Pro Football Reference's AV. An AV of 5 or more per year = success.
    A little over 2 out of every 3 players drafted are a bust - with over half (53%) of all draft picks adding no value to the team that drafted them- and 9 out of 10 have basically undistinguished careers in the NFL.

If Lock becomes a "good" QB for the Broncos it should be considered a great, sleeper pick by the Broncos. The norm for this 2nd round pick is less than a 50/50 success rate.
    Good post and I agree with your overall point. I wonder what the success rate is for teams that go into every offseason not knowing who their QB is? At least the Jets, Bill, Cards, Giants, etc are committed to their young ďfranchiseĒ QB and it will free them up to build around their young QB.

I agree that young QBs are a risk and highly drafted QBs are a risk. At this point, Iíd take that gamble because it beats the heck out of watching a band aid approach every year. It sure would be nice to watch a team that has a Bronco at QB rather than a merc or band aid.

Man I need to get some lotto winning numbers from all the fortune tellers here lol

Well heck I do the same thing.......I've never won the lotto though .
    Last edited by orange crush75; 11-24-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Good post and I agree with your overall point. I wonder what the success rate is for teams that go into every offseason not knowing who their QB is? At least the Jets, Bill, Cards, Giants, etc are committed to their young ďfranchiseĒ QB and it will free them up to build around their young QB.

I agree that young QBs are a risk and highly drafted QBs are a risk. At this point, Iíd take that gamble because it beats the heck out of watching a band aid approach every year. It sure would be nice to watch a team that has a Bronco at QB rather than a merc or band aid.
    This. Well said.

Until the Broncos decide on, or draft their QB of the present and at least foreseeable future, they will continue to slog through the mire of mediocrity and disappointment year in and year out.

No other changes to the rest of the team or coaching staff will change this fact.

The Denver Broncos are a poor football team.

That is all.

Brandon Allen's ceiling is probably Case Keenum. May as well get Lock out there as soon as he's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Brandon Allen's ceiling is probably Case Keenum. May as well get Lock out there as soon as he's healthy.
    Can't wait to see him out there behind this line. He should have started today as some people here wanted so we could watch this deer in headlights get smeared!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Can't wait to see him out there behind this line. He should have started today as some people here wanted so we could watch this deer in headlights get smeared!
    It almost sounds like you're rooting for that? What a strangely emotional response. We have no idea how it will go, but Lock is likely the best QB on the roster.