Page 91 of 152 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2266
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I mean....three starts between them? What is there to prepare for? And everyone knew Lock was starting. Pretty sure there’s a google machine in LA.
    If Allen was starting then they knew they just had to defend the one guy he looked at every passing play.

I'm kidding. Don't hate me, Allen lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    If Scangarello's 'aggressive & creative' play calling extended past the 1st QTR Lock would've easily passed for over 300yds today but...
    My problem with his play calling is it's too reliant on the run game. Today the run game isn't going which takes away the majority of their passing game. And the run game is scattergun. Aggression and creativity are great but you need to have base plays that you can go to and count on no matter what. The run game isn't going, so we start calling play X (whether it's a lead or off tackle, whatever) over and over because we know that we can always get 3-4 on it, because it's one of our 10 base plays. Then based on the base play going a little bit you can add a play action off of it, then when they're keying on that you can start calling an end around from it. etc.

They need those base plays that are the pillar of the O, then build the rest off of that. If the game plan is getting beaten up, go to the base plays. Things have dried up...go to the base.

Right? I mean, if any DC knows the smell of vanilla, they know Scangarello and what he’s bringing to the table.
    I want the coaching to have continuity however he has to show some growth.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERLIPS View Post
    Sad but true. Zero creativity. Zero aggression. Zero feel for momentum in a game.

Lock showed flashes of potential as a franchise guy today, but honestly my concern is the guy who is calling the plays is going to hold him back.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    If Scangarello's 'aggressive & creative' play calling extended past the 1st QTR Lock would've easily passed for over 300yds today but...
    Good point. Itís hard to really know what Lock could have done. At least they got the win and Lock got the first game experience.

Agree with a lot of what has already been said...

I thought he did fine. Play calls were ridiculously conservative later in the game and did him no favors.

Lets see some more! Let the kid throw coach. The Lock era has begun!

The best way to protect an inexperienced quarterback is to go run heavy and minimize his chances of making a mistake. As ugly as the second half ways it was the right game plan. Theyíll open up the playbook more as he gets a better handle on the defense. Scangarello did the same thing last year in San Fran and people praised him for it.

I mean....three starts between them? What is there to prepare for? And everyone knew Lock was starting. Pretty sure there’s a google machine in LA.
    No reason to announce starter, media is like a nosey neighbor.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Just got back from the game. Cowardly playcalling. Can't tell if Lock is good or not because we have the mindset of playing not to lose. This team has had that mindset for far too long. I understand that Lock is making his first start but playing timid is a loser mentality and almost cost us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    That's pretty awesome.

It sure if this was a Cutler, Oz or what sort of debut. But the kid has the 5 things you want in a franchise QB:

1- Arm strength
    2- Athleticism
    3- Leadership intangibles
    4- Football IQ / Love of game
    5- Willingness to work hard

How much of each? Elite level or just enough? Point is, he checks all the boxes here... Where this takes this kid? IDK. Can he read defenses in real-time and make quality decisions? Can he be accurate? Clutch?

Letís give him a shot tho... Go get him a LT, donít chase Cam or another vet, and let him start every game from now until end of next season.

Weíll know what we have then...
    Last edited by fraguela09; 12-01-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    No reason to announce starter, media is like a nosey neighbor.
    By doing their job? Allen or Lock is not some state secret that tilts the scales either way. And my point was more that the no nonsense coach is now admitting they had no good reason to not name Lock, just playing silly games.

By doing their job? Allen or Lock is not some state secret that tilts the scales either way. And my point was more that the no nonsense coach is now admitting they had no good reason to not name Lock, just playing silly games.
    He didn't need a reason.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    It sure if this was a Cutler, Oz or what sort of debut. But the kid has the 5 things you want in a franchise QB:

1- Arm strength
    2- Athleticism
    3- Leadership intangibles
    4- Football IQ / Love of game
    5- Willingness to work hard

How much of each? Elite level or just enough? Point is, he checks all the boxes here... Where this takes this kid? IDK. Can he read defenses in real-time and make quality decisions? Can he be accurate? Clutch?

Letís give him a shot tho... Go get him a LT, donít chase Cam or another vet, and let him start every game from now until end of next season.

Weíll know what we have then...
    I think he is more than accurate enough. Every QB has miss throws so I'm not worried about that. It's not like he is over or under throwing every pass. That pick he threw was pretty stupid but what I liked is it clearly didn't effect him. He shrugged it off and kept fighting, that's the type head strong QB I want