Vic Fangio Questionable for HOF Game

It appears that it's 50/50 right now as to whether or not Vic Fangio will make his Head Coaching debut this evening. He's been in a Cleveland hospital all day with a kidney stone, and last report was that he had yet to pass it. However his condition has improved and he's going to try and coach tonight.

I would assume that Mike Munchak will be the acting HC tonight should Fangio not make it or be in the booth. It's only a preseason game, but someone needs to tell the players whether to accept or decline penalties, along with talk to the officials as needed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-of-fame-game/

Man that is a bummer. I had kidney stones two months ago, and it is the worst possible pain imaginable. Hope Fangio passes it and that he recovers quickly

Kidney stones are no joke. I've had a few.

I will say, once in the hospital and they IV you with (in my case) 6 litres of water, it doesn't take long to (painfully) pass them. Also (in my case) you're not 100% after passing them due to the lack of sleep and total disorientation from the day(s) leading up to the event.

Regardless if his debut is tonight or not, I wish him the best. Those things are the worst and I would never wish them on my worst of enemies.
    Sept. 10, 2006, Den@StL 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, Den@K.C. 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, Den@Stl 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

I had 4 stints with the stones. Some say it's worse than giving birth but I wouldn't be able to verify that. I actually am passing one right now ........ it struck almost a year ago now - and it's still not passed. I was out of commission for a week when it blocked me up.... now it's in there somewhere but wont pass (despite my doctor's prediction) Since my bad week - I only have had mild discomfort from time to time since. I could have had the Dr go in and get it - but that's kinda scary too - the way they enter the body doesn't sound fun.

There is a non intrusive method to breaking it up with sound, which would be my first choice if I have to make that decision.

As for Vic, ...... I'm sure he's got the best medical care you can get so he'll be fine.

I can say this, at least for me, once the stone allows you to pee again, usually the pain is instantly gone. It's like getting a tooth pulled in a way. The pain goes from 10 to 1 in one second. So he might be able to coach tonite
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Fangio showed up to the stadium.. hes coaching tonight. Good for him hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Fangio showed up to the stadium.. he’s coaching tonight. Good for him hope all is well.
    That's good. He said that he wants to be the first to challenge a PI call, so hopefully he gets that early.

I developed one early last year...hurt like hell for 2 days then stopped. Constantly felt like I had to pee...stone never did pass and took months to be properly diagnosed. Up here it's a 2 to 3 month wait to get into a urologist...I had full general anesthesia surgery where they blasted it apart with sound. Didn't feel a thing, that was the easy part, they put a stent in there for 3 weeks which was horrible then they removed that with a local anesthetic only...NOT ANY FUN. They analyzed the stone and said it formed because I wasn't drinking enough fluids. Guess what I do all day now? Drink water

If there's a next time...I'm going straight to the emergency room and not leaving till they wheel me into surgery and blast it out of me.
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

can you tell me more about the stent you had installed? Was it the installation and removal that sucked? or was it uncomfortable while it was in there. ......... also when passing the broken up stone- could you feel that
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Glad he's discharged and back with the team - stones are no joke. It felt like someone sticking a knife in my kidney when I had it.

And on that note - speaking of stones...let's rock and roll.

Football is back, baby!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    can you tell me more about the stent you had installed? Was it the installation and removal that sucked? or was it uncomfortable while it was in there. ......... also when passing the broken up stone- could you feel that
    I'll PM you my story, don't want to freak people out on an open forum
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

The cart is coming for fangio 🤣