Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Juwann Winfree and Dre'mont Jones should make the final 53. Khalfani Muhammed should be considered strongly for the practice squad
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    You must have been watching a different game than me. Cause both looked bad, and Rypien certainly didn't look any better than Lock. If anything he was worse.
    Omg, this. The best thing he did was heave it and let Winfree play for it.
    [img]http://tinyurl.com/phh2hvf[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    It's a situation where his bad pass got turned into a lucky bounce, and will get credited for it. Lock however was pretty awful.
    Hey folks. They both played bad. But also, who really cares? I would be concerned if both of them didn't show improvement as the preseason goes on. Luckily for them, the bar they have to clear in game two is incredibly low.

Ugly game, but seeing everyone play with intensity for 4 quarters is a Stark difference from what we saw with a VJ led squad. Like how he kept going after the QB all night.

Players like Winfree and Lindsay are going to turn this team around. Love the spirit they have. I think Jones was also a good pick, but let's see how he plays against the #2 defenses, or even the 1's.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Standouts from the HOF game... forgive me if I forget some players lol

Offense:
    Dalton Risner (as good as one can get in limited reps)
    Khalfani Muhammad
    Juwann Winfree

Defense:
    Malik Reed
    DeMarcus Walker
    DreMont Jones
    Trey Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Siemian would've thrown a 5 yard out there. He gave Winfree a chance on 4th. What more do you want?
    No doubt it was the right play. You have to take it to the end zone on that play - so good decision poor execution that happens to get a luck break.

Colinsworth made it sound so much grandiose than it really was.

Fant was pretty underwhelming but itís obviously way too early to judge. I like how Scangarello tried to get him the ball early and often.

I got flashbacks of Paxton Lynch with Lockís performance. Just like Fant, definitely too soon to conclude anything other than more experience and reps are needed.

But that defense though... imagine our first team defense is if this is how terrorizing our reserves look like. Great effort and discipline all around by the guys trying to make the roster. Definitely the most enjoyable part of the HOF game to watch tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by pepesilvia View Post
    Omg, this. The best thing he did was heave it and let Winfree play for it.
    How dare a QB heave it on 4th down to give his receiver a chance to make a game winning play.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Standouts from the HOF game... forgive me if I forget some players lol

Offense:
    Dalton Risner (as good as one can get in limited reps)
    Khalfani Muhammad
    Juwann Winfree

Defense:
    Malik Reed
    DeMarcus Walker
    DreMont Jones
    Trey Johnson
    I didnít watch every play but I think Alexander Johnson had a few good plays. My man George Aston had a couple of nice blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    You must have been watching a different game than me. Cause both looked bad, and Rypien certainly didn't look any better than Lock. If anything he was worse.
    He took the team on the winning drive, and threw for the winning touchdown. I guess that happened in a game that YOU weren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    No doubt it was the right play. You have to take it to the end zone on that play - so good decision poor execution that happens to get a luck break.

Colinsworth made it sound so much grandiose than it really was.
    I thought Collinsworth nailed it when he said that it gave our WR a chance to make a play. And that's exactly what happened. Luck? I'm of the belief that you make your own "luck".

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    How dare a QB heave it on 4th down to give his receiver a chance to make a game winning play.
    Great win, but still work to do, of course.

GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Fant was pretty underwhelming but it’s obviously way too early to judge. I like how Scangarello tried to get him the ball early and often.

I got flashbacks of Paxton Lynch with Lock’s performance. Just like Fant, definitely too soon to conclude anything other than more experience and reps are needed.

But that defense though... imagine our first team defense is if this is how terrorizing our reserves look like. Great effort and discipline all around by the guys trying to make the roster. Definitely the most enjoyable part of the HOF game to watch tonight.
    I agree with most of that. Fant is a much better blocker than what I was expecting. And the Lynch/Lock comparison isn't far off except that Lynch never showed a sign of being anything. Lock had a few drops, and there's not much to be taken from his first NFL pre-season game. The final thing I'd say is that Dre'mont Jones is a keeper. And that may be bad news for DeMarcus Walker's future as a Bronco.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    He took the team on the winning drive, and threw for the winning touchdown. I guess that happened in a game that YOU weren't watching.
    As impressive as a winning drive in the first preseason game is...

I didn't see much to get excited about. I saw two young QBs who both played fairly bad, and showed they both have a lot to work on. I know you're very anti-Lock, that's cool, no issue with that, but it seems like you're really reaching to try and say that Rypien outplayed him in any fashion.