Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Preseason is very important, but I do not lose too much sleep over what happens, especially in game one. Too much can go wrong. Plus it's a hard thing to evaluate the group, given the newness to The NFL. And overall, wins and losses mean very little in preseason. I have a pretty comfortable hunch that there is little correlation between preseason record and the performance for the season.

But as for individuals looking to make the club....yes, preseason is critical.
    Wins and losses don't matter per se, but engendering a discipline of running through the tape does matter. I was pleased that we maintained our focus right to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Wins and losses don't matter per se, but engendering a discipline of running through the tape does matter. I was pleased that we maintained our focus right to the end.
    I'm down with that. These are opportunities to define identity, form the culture, build understanding, and create the bond that will carry you as far it can take you.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    He took the team on the winning drive, and threw for the winning touchdown. I guess that happened in a game that YOU weren't watching.
    Uh no he didnít. He took a turnover from the 40. Got bailed out on fourth down after looking pitiful again for a first down. Got a rushing first down into the red zone. His only downfield completion on the drive was an under thrown pass where the receiver caught a lucky bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Walker had a pretty good game. Jones was in against the second string unit and didnít get anything going until the next unit came in for the Falcons. Both of them are making this team. Kerr on the other hand might not
    My thoughts exactly. I am concerned with the NT position in general. Is it just me or did they seem to be playing a lot of four down linemen last night? Felt like they had a DE/NT/DT/DE look going on a lot of downs.

Just imagine if our receivers start catching the football

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Lock needs to take over 2nd team reps. We are wasting time by giving them to Hogan.

Jones didn’t do much against the 2nd team but looked good against the other lines in the second half.
    He needs to earn those 2nd team reps, not be given them. If he doesn't get much better than what he showed against the Falcons then we need Hogan to back up Flacco this year.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    He needs to earn those 2nd team reps, not be given them. If he doesn't get much better than what he showed against the Falcons then we need Hogan to back up Flacco this year.
    It's Hogan's fourth year in the NFL. Lock is a 22 year old rookie. There are five weeks before the season opener, so plenty of time to see who the #2 QB will be. Even that will be subject to change during the season.

None of the QBs were particularly impressive. Defense is usually ahead of offense at this point in TC. There were a lot of flags on the 2nd/3rd team guys playing.

The full slate of preseason games remains, and Denver is ahead of all except Atlanta in practice time and having played a game. It's still pretty early. If Lock doesn't show steady progress in practice and the preseason games, Denver will need to carry 3 QBs. Most probably expected that anyway since Drew Lock was considered a project.

Drew would probably need to show pretty dramatic improvement before he could be Flacco's backup, and Hogan would be released. But, we'll just need to see how it all plays out.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It's Hogan's fourth year in the NFL. Lock is a 22 year old rookie. There are five weeks before the season opener, so plenty of time to see who the #2 QB will be. Even that will be subject to change during the season.

None of the QBs were particularly impressive. Defense is usually ahead of offense at this point in TC. There were a lot of flags on the 2nd/3rd team guys playing.

The full slate of preseason games remains, and Denver is ahead of all except Atlanta in practice time and having played a game. It's still pretty early. If Lock doesn't show steady progress in practice and the preseason games, Denver will need to carry 3 QBs. Most probably expected that anyway since Drew Lock was considered a project.

Drew would probably need to show pretty dramatic improvement before he could be Flacco's backup, and Hogan would be released. But, we'll just need to see how it all plays out.
    Right. It's not a catastrophe by any means. This is what the FO has said was going to happen all along. This is why we signed Hogan.

The #1 concern for the Broncos in the HOF game is to come out without injury. Joe Jones injured his arm, maybe a tri-ceps partial tear, samething with Billy Winn. Also Elijah Holder has a shoulder injury. Disappointed that they did not come out free of injury. I suspect that Jones and Winn may be out for a few weeks to the season depending on MRIs... not good.
    I Elihah Holder I think has some potential but is probably PS player this year. I think he is a player to watch if he isn't out due to injury.
    The defense, especially in the 1st quarter was darn good. They did not play any projected starters at DB and only played Gotsis and Shelby Harris one series (3 and out I believe). I didn't see Jewell but maybe he did play some? Falcons had 3 series in the 1st and netted ~8 yards. This is an exhibition game and means very little but the defense, early on looked impressive without any starting 5 DBs or the two edge starters. Reed was good, Walker was solid and DreMont Jones stood out, mostly in the 2nd half. Alexander Johnson was around the ball. Trey Johnson got the "big play" and looked pretty good overall, I thought Horace Richardson had a good night, something to build on for him. Linden Stephens ... not good. Joe Dineen I made note of but can't remember why?
    Muhammad was pretty good, he is speedy and can catch the ball. While Lock was the QB the offense was not good. Dropped passes! RB Devontae Jackson was not very good, Winfree shows potential but had an up and down game. The projected top 3 WRs did not play or the top 3 RBs, that includes Booker, who I think is a solid 3rd back and role player. Rypien was pretty much like Lock, they both need to progress, my guess is they will but the Broncos will keep 3 QBs this season, Lock will have to clearly beat out Hogan for Rypien to make the final roster. I suspect that Rypien can make the PS although I hope the final decision will be to cut Hogan and keep Rypien on the roster not PS. Offensive pass game has a lot of work to do, plenty of time to get it done.
    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 08-03-2019 at 04:29 PM. Reason: error on Rypien PS

^^^ I disagree about Jackson. He had a few runs inside and one run where he was hit almost as soon as he got the ball that killed his ypc. But when he got to run to the outside he was very explosive and had a nice kick return as well. Muhammad was explosive and ran well too but he seemed to try and bounce a lot of his runs outside which wonít fly in the regular season. Itís a shame that one of these guys will likely be cut because I see some Lindsay characteristics in both of them.

Itíd be nice if they could push Booker out but I donít see us carrying 3 RBs 5í8Ē and under at about 175-190. Booker is probably safe as insurance for our bruiser in Freeman.

Yes, Jackson did have a decent kick return, forgot about that. I thought Muhammad ran harder, for a little guy he seemed to run hard.

Does anyone have a link for the Sua Cravens play everyone is raving about?

Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post
    Does anyone have a link for the Sua Cravens play everyone is raving about?
    Not sure if this is the play:

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Not sure if this is the play:

I haven't seen anyone raving about this play and I think they are getting a little ahead of themselves if they are. It was a good play by him but it was more luck and play calling than great athletic effort on his part. He had a free run on the QB because the WR whiffed on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I haven't seen anyone raving about this play and I think they are getting a little ahead of themselves if they are. It was a good play by him but it was more luck and play calling than great athletic effort on his part. He had a free run on the QB because the WR whiffed on the block.
    Agree. Itís a play he should make. Maybe there was another play I missed.