Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr.Dre

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Iím with you on this. He didnít really show me anything early on but rather against 3rd string or players that prob wonít make a team. Good first game in a game thatís known to be sloppy
    Who played better?

He played 1 snap late in the 1st qtr that was a bootleg that he read and rolled out of engagement to chase the QB. Not a bad play.

In the second he read an RPO and moved laterally in case the back was handed the ball, or thrown to him in the flat. He moved his man. Good play.

Next, he was double-teamed and the QB rolled to the other side of the field. Not bad not great either. They were in read and react mode so that will hinder his ability to rush the QB.

Next play he moves his man at the point of attack allowing the LB to make a tackle on 24 for no gain on the run. He held stout as hell and his gap was the point of attack. Good play.

Next play was later in the 2nd 8:55 he hadnít been in yet in this series they once again ran right at him. He shucked his blocker and tackled the RB 32 with the aid of the safety Thomas for < 2 yards. Good play.

Next play and next series 2nd qtr 4:15 he was at DE/OLB they ran the ball to the opposite edge he battled a seal block and was chipped and he kept his shoulders perpendicular to the LOS no to allow a cutback and closed towards the sideline. Good play

Next play QB was under center so the run threat was assumed he lined up at NT quick 3-step drop and release. His move was to the wrong side, but he was never getting to the QB on that play. Below average but not bad.

Next play they had him at DT and they stunted him around the DE vs the tackle. The ball was out quick, but he didnít show his quickness. This was a timing play and someone would have had to been unimpeded to have reached the QB. This was the pass interference play. Average

Next play at DE was a bootleg and he moved with his man covering the RB. Thatís his job on Fangios D. Good play.

Next play 3:11 at DE pass play he tried moving laterally left the right to get around the guard with an okay move. Needs to shorten that juke and get to the QB quicker. Average but not bad.

Next play he was at DE loop blitz but QB was flushed by blitzing LB. should have been intentional grounding. He got pressure. Good play.

Next play was a deep drop and release by QB no one was near him and Jones was double-teamed and did okay. Above average.

Next play was double-teamed again and held well and fought towards the QB on a screenplay. Good play.

Next play was another 3 step drop and a quick throw and he was pressuring the QB. Great swim and loop move. Great job.

He had a good game. DE/DTs don't exactly change games unless they're named Aaron Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
    Who played better?

He had a good game. DE/DTs don't exactly change games unless they're named Aaron Donald.
    Jones first play was on a screen on 3rd and 14 around the 4 minute mark in the 1st quarter. Great ball get off, was the first to fire off. This was a stunt that the OG passed off to the RT, Jones rushed stalled out at the top because he had no leverage and because he slowed down the OLB tripped over Jones feet causing them to both fall. It was a screen to the other side of the field so no big deal but if he came in lower he couldíve bulrushed the OT back and wouldnít have ended up on the ground with the LB.

The rollout you mentioned, again great get off and if it was a handoff it wouldíve been a great play but it wasnít so he ended up walled off by the TE about 15-20 yards away from the QB. The OLB had a good contain so the QB couldnít run and even if Schaub took off Jones couldíve caught him but most QBs wouldíve beat Jones for a decent gain if that OLB didnít contain the backend.

At about 14:53 in the 2nd quarter, another good get off by Jones. Another twist but the LB got caught up jamming the TE so Jones got stonewalled by a double team and proceeded to spin around in a circle and didnít get any movement whatsoever. This was against the 2nd RT of the game.

Jones had a good game. His get off is incredible and will be a real weapon once he refines his pass rush repertoire. I see a lot of similarities to Malik Jackson and Malik played high as well and he didnít anchor all that well. But as a penetrator he became adept at using his arms and his get off to knife through gaps while maintaining enough of his balance to disrupt a lot of plays. Jones is even more explosive off the ball so he can he even more dangerous but his hand usage and his leverage will need work. Heís a rookie so thatís to be expected though. He will play this year and I anticipate a package of Chubb, Walker, Jones, and Miller to be our go to in passing situations. Walkerís ball get off ranges from god awful to pretty good but heís improved his hands from where they were in college and it got him a couple of hits and a sack officially although Iíd give him the .5 sack with Reed.

But the level of talent the dline faced needs to be considered. The Falcons started their 3rd string LG at RT. Sambrailo is listed as their starter and he isnít a good lineman to begin with. McGary is listed as the backup and he didnít play due to a medical condition. Their 3rd string LT, Jaelin Robinson came in to start the 2nd quarter behind their 3rd string LG who played the first quarter. They alternated quarters and both were routinely beat with speed throughout the game. After Lindstrom went out they alternated Gettis (1 career start in 7 years), Harlow (PS player last year 284 lbs), Gono, and I think Jamon Brown. The Falcons didnít have a good oline to begin with and playing against their 2nd and 3rd units shouldnít be the barometer for a good dline.

Can we never call him Dr. Dre again please?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    agreed

Ouch At Least The Topic is Entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Ouch At Least The Topic is Entertaining.
    When I see Dre without his helmet, I canít help but think of Carlton.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    When I see Dre without his helmet, I can’t help but think of Carlton.

LOL Now that is Funny True very True LOL

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Denver's current group of D-Linemen look like one-gap disruptors. I'll be surprised if they play any two-gap. Run D is fill the A-B-C gaps and spill runs to the sideline, which has never failed to make a stop. Pursuit is essential. I'd love to see Vic Fangio's pursuit drills.

Hence my love affair with Ed Oliver this off season

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Hence my love affair with Ed Oliver this off season
    I thought Denver might be interested in Ed Oliver. He was picked by the Bills at #9, just before the Broncos' #10 pick. I think it was right after that they traded down with the Steelers, so I wonder if they would have picked him if he had still been available. I liked the Fant pick at #20 and really liked getting Dalton at #41. I think Denver moved back up to #42 because it was thought that Lock wouldn't last until #52. Didn't know much about DreMont Jones at the time, but think they got a similar type of player to Ed Oliver. Justin Hollins and Juwann Winfree were good picks IMO and rounded out what looks like a pretty good draft. Next year Denver will have a lot of draft picks which they can use to maneuver.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I thought Denver might be interested in Ed Oliver. He was picked by the Bills at #9, just before the Broncos' #10 pick. I think it was right after that they traded down with the Steelers, so I wonder if they would have picked him if he had still been available. I liked the Fant pick at #20 and really liked getting Dalton at #41. I think Denver moved back up to #42 because it was thought that Lock wouldn't last until #52. Didn't know much about DreMont Jones at the time, but think they got a similar type of player to Ed Oliver. Justin Hollins and Juwann Winfree were good picks IMO and rounded out what looks like a pretty good draft. Next year Denver will have a lot of draft picks which they can use to maneuver.
    I donít want to make any crazy predictions or glorify anyone just yet but Dreímont has all the tools to be special.

It isnít often that we see guys like John Randle, Warren Sapp, Aaron Donald who bring that crazy rush from the inside.

If Dremont could become half of what those guys were and are, then we definitely made the right choice in taking him over Oliver while also getting Fant and Risner!

Btw Iím loving the idea of him in Trevor Pryceís number!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-07-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    trivia time: who is this giant thigh man?

Earl. Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    or that lol. I always forget he existed since he was before my time watching foosball
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    ding ding ding

guy was a monster. I was hoping for more votes before the correct one
    ďThe Tyler RoseĒ

I havenít met Earl Campbell, but met his brother years ago when we lived near Tyler. His brother is a slightly smaller version of Earl. Very nice man.

I digress. The trivia prompted the memory of meeting his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
    Who played better?

He played 1 snap late in the 1st qtr that was a bootleg that he read and rolled out of engagement to chase the QB. Not a bad play.

In the second he read an RPO and moved laterally in case the back was handed the ball, or thrown to him in the flat. He moved his man. Good play.

Next, he was double-teamed and the QB rolled to the other side of the field. Not bad not great either. They were in read and react mode so that will hinder his ability to rush the QB.

Next play he moves his man at the point of attack allowing the LB to make a tackle on 24 for no gain on the run. He held stout as hell and his gap was the point of attack. Good play.

Next play was later in the 2nd 8:55 he hadnít been in yet in this series they once again ran right at him. He shucked his blocker and tackled the RB 32 with the aid of the safety Thomas for < 2 yards. Good play.

Next play and next series 2nd qtr 4:15 he was at DE/OLB they ran the ball to the opposite edge he battled a seal block and was chipped and he kept his shoulders perpendicular to the LOS no to allow a cutback and closed towards the sideline. Good play

Next play QB was under center so the run threat was assumed he lined up at NT quick 3-step drop and release. His move was to the wrong side, but he was never getting to the QB on that play. Below average but not bad.

Next play they had him at DT and they stunted him around the DE vs the tackle. The ball was out quick, but he didnít show his quickness. This was a timing play and someone would have had to been unimpeded to have reached the QB. This was the pass interference play. Average

Next play at DE was a bootleg and he moved with his man covering the RB. Thatís his job on Fangios D. Good play.

Next play 3:11 at DE pass play he tried moving laterally left the right to get around the guard with an okay move. Needs to shorten that juke and get to the QB quicker. Average but not bad.

Next play he was at DE loop blitz but QB was flushed by blitzing LB. should have been intentional grounding. He got pressure. Good play.

Next play was a deep drop and release by QB no one was near him and Jones was double-teamed and did okay. Above average.

Next play was double-teamed again and held well and fought towards the QB on a screenplay. Good play.

Next play was another 3 step drop and a quick throw and he was pressuring the QB. Great swim and loop move. Great job.

Vic Fangio said he believes Von Miller can play better. If Von Miller has room to improve, is it possible Jones has some work to become a complete DL?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    “The Tyler Rose”

I haven’t met Earl Campbell, but met his brother years ago when we lived near Tyler. His brother is a slightly smaller version of Earl. Very nice man.

I digress. The trivia prompted the memory of meeting his brother.
    I met Carl Eller about 20 years ago. Same thing, very nice and polite man. His 15 year old son was bigger than me

He played well again last night

He played well again last night
    Jones was pushed around against the run and I only recall one pressure on a pass play.