• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fantaztic7
    Banned User
    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    He was trained under Larry Johnson at Tosu.. all you have to do is look at his resume when it comes to putting pro-style ready defensive linemen into the nfl.

I see half the forums down on my guy, but hes going to prove the haters wrong. No way Demarcus Walker gets more snaps than him
    The question was: Why didn’t he get more pressures lined up against guys 3rd and 4th on the dept chart?

Are you implying Larry didn’t prepare him to win matchups against marginally talented linemen?

Comment

• Sam_Z
      Banned User
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      I'm guessing the Broncos will keep six D-Linemen: Shelby Harris; Adam Gotsis; Derek Wolfe; DeMarcus Walker; Dre'Mont Jones; and, Mike Purcell.
      I’m very impressed with Purcell, he has some great potential

Comment

• beastlyskronk
        Football Immortal
        • Jun 2007

He was trained under Larry Johnson at Tosu.. all you have to do is look at his resume when it comes to putting pro-style ready defensive linemen into the nfl.

I see half the forums down on my guy, but hes going to prove the haters wrong. No way Demarcus Walker gets more snaps than him
        The only pro ready dlinemen he’s put into the NFL are Hali and Bosa and Bosa was a no brainer. Time will tell on Nick. Are you counting Cam Wake who went undrafted and took 4 years to get to the NFL? He’s put our numerous busts such as Jimmy Kennedy, Michael Haynes, Courtney Brown, Jared Odrick and those are just first round picks. The only other notable players he’s coached that have somewhat made it are Jack Crawford (took awhile to develop) and Anthony Adams who also took awhile to develop.

I’m not down on Jones at all either, it’s just unrealistic to expect a rookie dlinemen to come in and play well immediately. Even though Aaron Donald was great as a rookie look at how much better he’s been every year since. Watch Bradley Chubb dwarf his numbers from last year this season. Dlinemen typically take a year or two to develop maybe longer depending on the situation. Give him a year or two and he will be ready.

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2017

I so far have liked what I have seen from the Kid !! I am with you that under the guidance and mentorship from the likes of Von Miller and Bradley Chubb I think he can be that disruptive monster that the DL needs since 2015. Do I think that he will have a monster year this year I really do not think so however I do think by year 2-3 he will be the same can be said about Drew Lock I think in 2-3 years Drew will be a House Hold name the same for Dre!

Comment

• johnlimburg
            Ring of Famer
            • Sep 2009

Wrong. Dremont is going to be rushing this year... his technique is good
            Please expand on this, how ? I watched him a lot at Ohio State, the reason he fell was due to his poor leverage play, poor technique, has this improved dramatically in his pre-season action against backups to backups ? I am curious, I haven't focused on him during this pre-season.

Comment

• Champ>NFL
              All-Pro
              • Mar 2005

I tried to tell y’all 😂😂.
              -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

• Megalodon30
                Football Immortal
                • Sep 2019

Thread title reminds me of Dre Bly's brief tenure as a Broncos.
                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• johnlimburg
                  Ring of Famer
                  • Sep 2009

Tried to tell people what ? "His technique is good" ? How ? You failed to expand on that. Dre'Mont is coming along nicely in the rotation, and he is serving his purpose as everyone expected, as an occasional player who can rush the passer a little bit. But Jones is playing roughly 26% of snaps per game, doing some decent clean up work, getting a little push in the pocket, and playing his role nicely.

Comment

• Houshmazode
                    The Mountaineer
                    • Sep 2006

My 2019 Adopt-A-Bronco 😎
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

• Champ>NFL
                      All-Pro
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                      Tried to tell people what ? "His technique is good" ? How ? You failed to expand on that. Dre'Mont is coming along nicely in the rotation, and he is serving his purpose as everyone expected, as an occasional player who can rush the passer a little bit. But Jones is playing roughly 26% of snaps per game, doing some decent clean up work, getting a little push in the pocket, and playing his role nicely.
                      That he’s going to be a great Bronco which he’s turning into. He’s been consistently pressuring the passer
                      -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jun 2007

That he’s going to be a great Bronco which he’s turning into. He’s been consistently pressuring the passer
                        With his 2.5 sacks and 5 QB hits all season and 13 total tackles? He will be a good player eventually, but not this season which was to be expected.

Comment

• johnlimburg
                          Ring of Famer
                          • Sep 2009

A bit of an overreaction at this point to be standing up saying "I told you so". He is a third round pick so let's not act like it was some crazy opinion you had to think he will turn out to be a good player, most believe he will, and most believed he would. However, "consistently pressuring the passer" ? A severe stretch for a player who is only managing to get onto the field for roughly 26% of defensive snaps, and playing more on special teams than defense.

Also, his 2 sacks today were hardly works of pass rushing art. The first one he slowly ran up field offering no pass rush at all, Miller split a double team and forced the quarterback to run up inside the pocket and Jones cleaned it up. Then on the second sack he got, Harris beats his man getting pressure, forcing the offensive lineman responsible for Jones to move, and the quarterback steps up into Jones who is just waiting there after Harris got hands on him and failed to bring him down. You can see the offensive line annoyed with each other for the miscommunication, Jones again was on clean up duty.

Comment

• JvDub95
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2005

I hope the FO can hit another draft this coming draft because the last 2 have been absolute home runs. Jones stat line looked awefully impressive tonight

​​​​

Comment

• Bootleg
                              🏈
                              • Mar 2008

After a 2.5-sack performance against the Lions, rookie defensive end Dre’Mont Jones has been named the AFC’s Defensive Player of the Week.

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                                Football Immortal
                                • Dec 2012

Wow, good solid 3rd round draft pick there! Looks like the first 4 picks last season were good/great picks and even the 5th one has played some and has 1 sack and PD.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X