• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MileHigh Salute
    Starter
    • Oct 2011

Theo Riddick - Love this signing

Love the fact that leadership was able to sign this guy. I think Riddick has a chance to really help this group out and be a very dangerous player for us.
    :logo: Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does. :logo:
  • atwaterandstir
    Football Immortal
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
    Love the fact that leadership was able to sign this guy. I think Riddick has a chance to really help this group out and be a very dangerous player for us.
    With the way Scangarello is said to be wanting to utilize mismatch opportunities more, I could see Riddick carving out a nice role. I think we are going to see a lot of movement to set up RB/LB matchups to try and exploit.

Comment

• MileHigh Salute
      Starter
      • Oct 2011

I agree. I think we are going to see a lot of motion and movement to get the right set-up. I love adding a veteran like Riddick to the mix of the RB for leadership as well
      :logo: Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does. :logo:

Comment

• jflee66
        Bench Warmer
        • Dec 2017

Watched some of Riddick's highlights and he reminds me of Reggie Bush. He's going to be a mismatch for LBs. Imo, Theo will upgrade the RB position. Now if we could get a late rnd pick for Booker, it would be a great signing.

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

I think this was a wise signing. A little vet experience, with a versatile game, to back the young guns.

Comment

• sra84
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2019

Never hurts to have a handful of quality running backs. Really like the signing.

Comment

• Houshmazode
              The Mountaineer
              • Sep 2006

Good signing. If he makes the team it's probably the last we see of Booker.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

• FR Tim
                Football Immortal
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                Good signing. If he makes the team it's probably the last we see of Booker.
                It will be interesting to see how the RB room pans out.

Could still see Booker making the team because Riddick is more of a WR then RB. Last couple seasons he has had almost as many rec as carries. Found it interesting that he has only had one career kick ret/ no punt ret. though. Initially thought that may have been part of his role when he signed.

Like the signing a lot though. Takes a bit of pressure off Lindsey to be the "explosive" playmaker if nothing else. Also adds some depth to the slot WR position in case Sanders misses some games.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                  Football Immortal
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Could still see Booker making the team because Riddick is more of a WR then RB. Last couple seasons he has had almost as many rec as carries. Found it interesting that he has only had one career kick ret/ no punt ret. though. Initially thought that may have been part of his role when he signed.

Like the signing a lot though. Takes a bit of pressure off Lindsey to be the "explosive" playmaker if nothing else. Also adds some depth to the slot WR position in case Sanders misses some games.
                  well Riddick is a one of those hybrid slot WR/RB he can be a weapon and it could be interesting cause you could see him at slot.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• broncos SB2010
                    All-Time Great
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                    well Riddick is a one of those hybrid slot WR/RB he can be a weapon and it could be interesting cause you could see him at slot.
                    They ran RBs out the slot fairly often at the scrimmage at the stadium.
                    sigpic

Comment

• broncos SB2010
                      All-Time Great
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

They will probably only keep 3 RB + janovich. That sounds like Booker is very on the bubble. Lindsey, Riddick, Freeman, and Janovich looks like the roster to me.
                      sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
                        Canuck Mod, eh!
                        • Feb 2004

I shook my head at this signing at first But it makes sense like a few have said. He is like a slot receiver. And we don’t need two bruisers if Jano is used more with freeman on short downs or to grind out games in the 4th
                        sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
                          Banned User
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                          I shook my head at this signing at first But it makes sense like a few have said. He is like a slot receiver. And we don’t need two bruisers if Jano is used more with freeman on short downs or to grind out games in the 4th
                          I didn’t care for it at first based on Lindsay’s versatility and what he could possibly do I. Space. I also considered his YPC average but then I remembered how he kind of disappeared toward seasons end.

Still a very good player but now we have dual threats between, he and Riddick.

It could only mean good things for this offense and if we all remember correctly, Julius Thomas still caught a ton of balls with Wes Welker in the field, there’s room for everyone to make plays and I expect Scangarello to get very creative with this.

Comment

• broncos SB2010
                            All-Time Great
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                            I heard on the radio that Jano is going to be a much bigger part of the offense this year.
                            sigpic

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jun 2007

I imagine Riddick wouldn’t have signed here if he wasn’t given a strong indication that he would make the team. He’s quicker than fast which makes him a viable short yardage mismatch against LBs and Safeties.

However I think Muhammad and Jackson both offer much more explosiveness. Jackson will probably be put on the PS but I don’t think Muhammad is eligible, could be wrong but if he keeps playing like he did in game one he won’t make it there anyway. Booker is a reliable pass catcher and offers more power as well as being solid in pass pro.

I’m just not sure how much Riddick brings to the table for us

Comment

Working...
                              X