Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    That is pretty much my realistic belief too. I have posted before that the 3 games before the bye will be telling (Chiefs, Colts, Browns) they could realistically go into that stretch at 3-3, maybe a win better and come out of it 3-6 - losing all three - but win the home games and they come out of that stretch at 5-4. I think its realistic then to go at least 4-3 in the last 7, maybe even a 5-2 = 10-6.
    I agree with you that a 9-7 is the most realistic best record though. Successful might be different ... 8-8 in my view would be successful relative to how the team has done the last 2 years, it is progress. With a new coaching staff, OL haven't played beside each other, young WRs it could be difficult to even get to 8-8. There will be teams that are going to be better than is thought right now and some worse so it is kind of futile to try and guess right now.
    But it is fun to predict and then see what happens.
    Agreed. Glad football is back!

Superbowl or bust.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Wow, a bit early for the whole fire Elway talk. So you never liked John as a QB? Considering he was arguably one of the best all time dual threat QBs that ever played. I think he had an ok career.

Hilarious that so many people are writing off Lock. He's not "a running" QB....that would be Lamar Jackson. Lock is a QB that has the ability to run if needed. He will always look to throw 1st. I would of liked Bush too but Fant will be a probowl TE his whole career bearing injury. And in that trade we get locked down an anchor on the line, a fix at TE and our future QB, that's a win to me
    Fair point about Fant and Risner. I like them, too, and I didn't see any way we were going to get an offensive lineman who was any better. I'm just afraid a guy like Lock can waste a lot of time because of his early training. I will predict the Patriots got the better pick at QB. I will also predict our offensive line will crumble after two injuries, Flacco will leave from resulting sackage and Lock will be thrown into the mix and asked to scramble like Keenum or Plummer.
    I'm a fan. I have tickets. Very loyal. Just kinda grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by welderhead View Post
    Fair point about Fant and Risner. I like them, too, and I didn't see any way we were going to get an offensive lineman who was any better. I'm just afraid a guy like Lock can waste a lot of time because of his early training. I will predict the Patriots got the better pick at QB. I will also predict our offensive line will crumble after two injuries, Flacco will leave from resulting sackage and Lock will be thrown into the mix and asked to scramble like Keenum or Plummer.
    I'm a fan. I have tickets. Very loyal. Just kinda grumpy.
    Jarrett Stidham?

I'm not so sure Jarrett Stidham is better at Qb than Lock. All I know is he definitely got a better coaching staff around him which will show in his development. QBs who we've had lately just flat out couldn't cut it. Even Lynch looked decent in Seattle granted against 3rd and 4th stringers but either way you slice it he looked good. Maybe ots a coaching issue.

I just hope Lock doesnt suffer the same fate, if he does maybe we need to look at the people developing our Qbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    I'm not so sure Jarrett Stidham is better at Qb than Lock. All I know is he definitely got a better coaching staff around him which will show in his development. QBs who we've had lately just flat out couldn't cut it. Even Lynch looked decent in Seattle granted against 3rd and 4th stringers but either way you slice it he looked good. Maybe ots a coaching issue.

I just hope Lock doesnt suffer the same fate, if he does maybe we need to look at the people developing our Qbs.
    Lynch looked good in the preseason a few times in Denver as well, because he’s played against 3rd and 4th stringers.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Lynch looked good in the preseason a few times in Denver as well, because he’s played against 3rd and 4th stringers.
    Am I wrong to maybe question our Qb coaches though? Brock, Siemien, Lynch, or maybe none of those guys had the work ethic while they were here. Can't put Kelly in this conversation because he was a victim of his own immaturity but he was playing well here. We are definitely starved for good qb play but I worry about Locks development. He got talent I just hope we can make him the best player he can be.

Am I wrong to maybe question our Qb coaches though? Brock, Siemien, Lynch, or maybe none of those guys had the work ethic while they were here. Can't put Kelly in this conversation because he was a victim of his own immaturity but he was playing well here. We are definitely starved for good qb play but I worry about Locks development. He got talent I just hope we can make him the best player he can be.
    New season, new QB coaches.

Chiefs, Steelers, Colts, Patriots, Saints, and maybe Eagles. Great teams this year. With a healthy Joe Flacco, healthy Bronco line - hey, I like our chances against anybody. But with no depth at OL I don't see a great back half of the season for our Broncos. I can't afford tickets for the Chicago Bears game but would think that game is key for this year. Gotta start 2-0 and then maybe something can fall into place for us.

Aside from the fact that we have new coaches this year, there’s the fact that none of those guys are starting caliber. Trev is playing well in the role he should’ve always been in........backup. Lynch is 3rd string back in his 4th year. You’re viewing him against what unfortunately is probably his talent ceiling........bubble roster guys. Brock is Brock. He’s great off the bench, but not “the guy”. Had he stayed here like he should’ve, who knows how different his trajectory might’ve looked.

You shouldn’t worry about Lock, until it’s time to worry. He wasn’t drafted to play this year and maybe not even next year. He has a steep learning curve. There’s zero need to rush him when we don’t have to.

Im just hoping that theyre watchable because the last few years they havent been a product worth viewing
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Im just hoping that theyre watchable because the last few years they havent been a product worth viewing
    No, we haven’t been very good, and I honestly don’t expect us to go from a 6-10 team to and 11-5 team. It’s not like there has been that much of an infusion of talent.

Should we be better? Sure. 8-8 would be better.

The baseline for any successful season is reaching the playoffs. I think 10-6 may be sufficient to reach that threshold this season.

Honestly, I'm just hoping to stop the infamous consecutive losing season streak at 2. I'd be satisfied with 9-7, very satisfied with 10-6, and overjoyed with anything greater.

7-9 for me. There will be improvement but not enough to make the playoffs. We will spring a surprise or two and shock a few people but I don't see this team as a playoff team...yet.
    [URL]www.nrlhub.com[/URL] NRL HUB