Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    We have to win, and prove that we are good.
    It remains to be seen. And I will believe it, when I see it. We have had a rough couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I heard this last year, and everyone said to be quiet, it's just the pre-season. I heard it two years ago too. Yeah, no. I'm not believing this team knows what it's doing on offense. 4th year in a row.
    As bad as this team has been the last few years it was take more than one offseason to fix it.

People have gotten excited every year at this time and think we can win 12 games, then the real games start and reality sets in

We’re going to need some lower expectations this year, the team has simply been that bad, something we’re not used too as Bronco fans.

Jano, Fort injuries

Starting fullback Andy Janovich will have an MRI on the pec injury he suffered in the second quarter, per team source. Undrafted rookie tight end Austin Fort will have an MRI on the knee injury he suffered after landing awkwardly following a catch in the second half. There is fear both injuries are serious.

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...8-8d0351785cc9

Quote Originally Posted by Cnon View Post
    Jano, Fort injuries

Starting fullback Andy Janovich will have an MRI on the pec injury he suffered in the second quarter, per team source. Undrafted rookie tight end Austin Fort will have an MRI on the knee injury he suffered after landing awkwardly following a catch in the second half. There is fear both injuries are serious.

Fort is out for the season with an ACL tear

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...fort-tears-acl

Quote Originally Posted by Cnon View Post
    Jano, Fort injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    As bad as this team has been the last few years it was take more than one offseason to fix it.

People have gotten excited every year at this time and think we can win 12 games, then the real games start and reality sets in

We’re going to need some lower expectations this year, the team has simply been that bad, something we’re not used too as Bronco fans.
    I'm thinking 3rd place might be a reality. 6-8 wins

So many holes.

7 win ceilings reality. Team lacks depth all over the field

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    26 accepted penalties from the looks of it. 11 on Denver and 15 on the Seahawks. Add in the declined ones we are probably over 30
    Brad Allen and his crew are one of the worst officiating crews in the NFL IMO. When I saw them on the field, I wondered how it would go. Lots of flags and challenges can be expected in a preseason game in which everyone plays. It has an effect.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by pepesilvia View Post
    Good response
    It's the response you deserved

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I'm thinking 3rd place might be a reality. 6-8 wins
    Yeah that sounds about right, they seem like a 7 win team to me. Hopefully we’re at least still in realistic playoff contention by December, which would be an improvement over the last couple years

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    So many holes.

7 win ceilings reality. Team lacks depth all over the field
    I don't think we can fairly judge the depth yet, not until after they finalize the roster. About two dozen of the scrubs we're seeing out there right now will get cut, and another ten(?) with potential moved to the practice squad.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    The overreactions here are hilarious! So many people don't know anything about football.
    Exactly. It's a pre-season game, and you can't extrapolate ANYTHING from that.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Exactly. It's a pre-season game, and you can't extrapolate ANYTHING from that.
    This is a gameday thread, and even in the regular season ones folks post kneejerk reactions with irrational, inaccurate assessments and conclusions.

It's just worse now because too many are not really understanding the key differences between preseason and regular season. This isn't the final roster out there right now and this is a paring down process of player evaluation to get 92 down to 53. And with the first team, coaches are testing ideas and identifying areas that need improvement while players work off more offseason rust.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I didn’t watch the game live but I did see Locks throw. While there’s still some work to be done, I thought he did a great job improving from last game.

One in particular was putting some air under the ball. He has a throw to Williams?? Where he was running backwards and sort of loft it in the air towards the direction Williams was going.

I like what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    The overreactions here are hilarious! So many people don't know anything about football.
    An overreaction doesn’t necessarily mean someone doesn’t know anything about football. Extrapolating that someone who overacted doesn’t know anything about football isn’t true - it’s your assumption.

Someone can know a lot about driving a car from years of experience and overreact to a situation on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    An overreaction doesn’t necessarily mean someone doesn’t know anything about football. Extrapolating that someone who overacted doesn’t know anything about football isn’t true - it’s your assumption.

Someone can know a lot about driving a car from years of experience and overreact to a situation on the road.
    This overreaction to a negative reaction to terrible play in all aspects of that game is hilarious.

The team has looked (mostly) awful in two preseason games. There is no excuse... the Seahawks were playing their first preseason game, and the Falcons were playing their first with us too.... both have the same number of scrubs plays.... we just looked far worse than both... That's no overreaction... its reality... different year, different coaches, same players ( mostly) and same looking pre season..

My huge optimism for the season is plummeting to reality of another very mediocre one.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich