Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Last year the Seahawks went 0-4 in preseason and finished 11-5 with a wildcard berth in the regular season.
    The Raiders and Cardinals were each 3-1 in preseason but finished 4-12 and 3-13 respectively.

Every year there's examples like this: teams that look like crap in preseason but do well in the regular season, and teams that look great in preseason but can't cut it in regular season, which is another reason I don't put stock into preseason results as any kind of determinant for team success in the regular season.

Football is a team sport which depends on players chemistry and that's hard to develop when a significant portion of the players are just passing through (though sometimes things fall into place quickly or temporarily based on momentum). The main purpose of these contests is just to grade individual performances, not the team's, so they can narrow the roster down.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Brad Allen and his crew are one of the worst officiating crews in the NFL IMO. When I saw them on the field, I wondered how it would go. Lots of flags and challenges can be expected in a preseason game in which everyone plays. It has an effect.
    And this matters too. It was so many that it practically made the game unwatchable!

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Last year the Seahawks went 0-4 in preseason and finished 11-5 with a wildcard berth in the regular season.
    The Raiders and Cardinals were each 3-1 in preseason but finished 4-12 and 3-13 respectively.

Every year there's examples like this: teams that look like crap in preseason but do well in the regular season, and teams that look great in preseason but can't cut it in regular season, which is another reason I don't put stock into preseason results as any kind of determinant for team success in the regular season.

Football is a team sport which depends on players chemistry and that's hard to develop when a significant portion of the players are just passing through (though sometimes things fall into place quickly or temporarily based on momentum). The main purpose of these contests is just to grade individual performances, not the team's, so they can narrow the roster down.
    Seahawks had Russ and only Wide out / Running back concerns.....the same issues the PATS have had for years.

We got a young exciting team but some of these second and third team players need to make an impact or its going to be a long year

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    This overreaction to a negative reaction to terrible play in all aspects of that game is hilarious.

The team has looked (mostly) awful in two preseason games. There is no excuse... the Seahawks were playing their first preseason game, and the Falcons were playing their first with us too.... both have the same number of scrubs plays.... we just looked far worse than both... That's no overreaction... its reality... different year, different coaches, same players ( mostly) and same looking pre season..

My huge optimism for the season is plummeting to reality of another very mediocre one.
    I’m in a “show me” mode. Fangio’s talk of “Death by inches” is just talk until he proves himself with wins dueing the regular season. When he said Lock isn’t an NFL quarterback yet, the same applies to Fangio as a head coach. He’s proven nothing yet.

Yes, the preseason records are meaningless, we all know that.

The issue is the simple things that have plagued this team for years they still can’t get right. Dropped passes, idiotic penalties (just about everything game the defense gets called for 12 men on the field), unblocked easy blitzers, poor special teams. These are some of reasons this team only won 11 games in 2 years, yet these same problems continue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Fort is out for the season with an ACL tear

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...fort-tears-acl
    Thar's too bad, poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Yes, the preseason records are meaningless, we all know that.

The issue is the simple things that have plagued this team for years they still can’t get right. Dropped passes, idiotic penalties (just about everything game the defense gets called for 12 men on the field), unblocked easy blitzers, poor special teams. These are some of reasons this team only won 11 games in 2 years, yet these same problems continue.
    Not everyone seems to know that, at least responses here aren't based on this knowing, especially those that project our season win total just because we lost a (badly officiated) preseason game. Nor do people seem to understand that this wasn't the final 53 playing either, nor are these folks taking the fact that this is a whole new coaching staff into account --I mean what the heck do people expect!? Greatness and discipline right out the gate even from all the undrafted rookies!?

Not everyone seems to know that, at least responses here aren't based on this knowing, especially those that project our season win total just because we lost a (badly officiated) preseason game. Nor do people seem to understand that this wasn't the final 53 playing either, nor are these folks taking the fact that this is a whole new coaching staff into account --I mean what the heck do people expect!? Greatness and discipline right out the gate even from all the undrafted rookies!?
    Last night wasn't really a game. It was three or four scrimmages played during the time period of a game. A breakdown of the video will show the coaches most of what they need to know. Each team played almost all the non-injured guys on their TC roster, so having a depth chart with jersey numbers helps the viewing. The plethora of flags didn't help, and I understand the lack of enjoyment experienced by some who watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    An overreaction doesn’t necessarily mean someone doesn’t know anything about football. Extrapolating that someone who overacted doesn’t know anything about football isn’t true - it’s your assumption.

Someone can know a lot about driving a car from years of experience and overreact to a situation on the road.
    Well certain people that are already calling Fangio and Munchak clueless certainly don't know football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    Well certain people that are already calling Fangio and Munchak clueless certainly don't know football.
    Point taken. I know I tend to react a bit to what I see during a game. There were signs of progress for the offense in the second preseason game.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 08-10-2019 at 04:18 PM.