Top nine defenses for 2019 NFL season: Chargers lead the pack

This is just one mans view,,,,,we will see where we end up....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-lead-the-pack

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    This is just one mans view,,,,,we will see where we end up....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-lead-the-pack
    I think that this story is also very interesting that our secondary confuses QBs (lets hope it is not just our QBs that get confused)

I think what they say about Jacksonville has proven right before, in the success under Plummer and Tebow, and the failures under Cutler, Orton, SIemian, Lynch, Keenum... that when the defense has hope that their effort will matter then they play better.

I think that Flacco will bring stability and that the defense will show up big time this year. Had we beat the Chiefs at least once last year then I am sure the defense would have been markedly better.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    I think that this story is also very interesting that our secondary confuses QBs (lets hope it is not just our QBs that get confused)

I think what they say about Jacksonville has proven right before, in the success under Plummer and Tebow, and the failures under Cutler, Orton, SIemian, Lynch, Keenum... that when the defense has hope that their effort will matter then they play better.

I think that Flacco will bring stability and that the defense will show up big time this year. Had we beat the Chiefs at least once last year then I am sure the defense would have been markedly better.
    I'd agree with this to a point. I believe that many of the veteran players were getting frustrated that they were seeing the same schematic issues causing the same problems for us a s a team and yet no corrections were being made.

This year I am liking the overall look and I think so are our players.

I think our defense will be good in some categories...maybe even top 10. Like in sacks and pressures for example.

Overall I do think think we have the players Vic needs right now to play his defense. There will be tough plays and maybe longer stretches where the defense struggles.

Also do not think the offense is quite yet up to the task of holding up its end of the deal.

We will see improvement this year but imo 2020 is when we really start to see the big strides of improvement.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Denver's D must prevent opponents from generating a viable rushing attack. It seems they will play one gap/spill. If so, they must be disciplined and relentlessly pursue. If they can stop the run, they will have a lot if sacks and picks.