Red Miller/John Ralston old school question

A question for the other 2.5% of you who were around back in '77, I seem to recall hearing that Red Miller certainly made it a point to acknowledge the contributions that John Ralston had made to the team, is this correct? Ralston certainly had an eye for drafting great talent, too bad he couldn't stay on doing that in some capacity with Red as coach but that would've been too hard a blow to the ego I'm sure.

Is it correct that he paid due respect to John?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Fan View Post
    A question for the other 2.5% of you who were around back in '77, I seem to recall hearing that Red Miller certainly made it a point to acknowledge the contributions that John Ralston had made to the team, is this correct? Ralston certainly had an eye for drafting great talent, too bad he couldn't stay on doing that in some capacity with Red as coach but that would've been too hard a blow to the ego I'm sure.

Is it correct that he paid due respect to John?

Thanks...
    I don't remember is that is correct or not, but I'm sure Red gave Ralston respect. I do remember that Ralston was offered the GM job, but turned it down because he wanted to coach.

It's important to remember the Broncos player revolt, demanding Ralston be fired, which is what lead to Ralston being gone. The revolt was lead by some of the biggest names in Broncos history.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post

It's important to remember the Broncos player revolt, demanding Ralston be fired, which is what lead to Ralston being gone. The revolt was lead by some of the biggest names in Broncos history.
    In his book from 1978 Lyle Alzado talked about the "Dirty Dozen" and on one page said "I don't want to reveal who the leader is because it would ruin his career" then later in the book is talking and said "that's why I lead the revolt" lol!!!

It was suspected that Billy Van Heusen, punter and back up wide receiver led it because he was the one who left the paper out for the media to discover and he was the one who apologized to Mr. Phipps when management said someone better apologize so they assumed he was the owner and cut him and he never got signed by any other team so they think he was blackballed by the league.

Yes, I can remember Red giving Ralston credit. It's a long time ago but I believe it was after a SB, probably after the Dallas game. Something about the SB and giving credit to Ralston's value to the SB run. I believe it was a TV interview.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Fan View Post
    In his book from 1978 Lyle Alzado talked about the "Dirty Dozen" and on one page said "I don't want to reveal who the leader is because it would ruin his career" then later in the book is talking and said "that's why I lead the revolt" lol!!!

It was suspected that Billy Van Heusen, punter and back up wide receiver led it because he was the one who left the paper out for the media to discover and he was the one who apologized to Mr. Phipps when management said someone better apologize so they assumed he was the owner and cut him and he never got signed by any other team so they think he was blackballed by the league.
    LOL!!!

Reminds me of Rick James (from "The Chappelle Show") denying grinding his dirty boots on Eddie Murphy's couch then turning around and admitting doing it the very next sentence!

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    LOL!!!

Reminds me of Rick James (from "The Chappelle Show") denying grinding his dirty boots on Eddie Murphy's couch then turning around and admitting doing it the very next sentence!

Lol....and good time to edit that one... the rest of the clip....sooo funny....so not so CoC friendly...haha
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich