• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaribouRanch
    Special Teams
    • Dec 2005

Broncos Vs. 49ers Preseason Week 3 Game Night Thread

Hi, Broncos fans for prime time preseason NFL Game Night! I hope everyone is also enjoying the Summer 2019! Our Denver Broncos play their first home game in 2019, as they host the visiting San Francisco 49ers, as both teams conclude Week 3 of the 2019 Preseason Schedule, in their nationally televised game on ESPN.

Denver split their first two preseason games, a 14-10 win in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio, on August 1, followed by a 14-22 road loss at the Seattle Seahawks. Broncos also finished 2-2 in the 2018 NFL Preseason.

San Francisco also won their first preseason game, a 17-9 defeat to the Dallas Cowboys at Santa Clara, CAL, back on August 1

Broncos wrapped up the 2019 Team Summer Training Camp since their camp began in July 18 at the Broncos UCHealth Training Center and practice facility In Dove Valley. 2019 Broncos Training Camp climaxed with two scheduled joint practices with the San Francisco 49ers last Friday and Saturday, August 16 and 17, after the 49ers arrived in Denver on Thursday Night.

Tonight is also the debut at Broncos Stadium at Mile High for Head Coach Vic Fangio, and former Ravens and now Broncos QB Joe Flacco. Also the Broncos 2019 NFL Draft class may play throughout the course of tonight's game after the first team offenses, defenses, and special teams, started the first half of field play, including top draft picks TE Noah Fant and QB Drew Lock from the Universities Of Iowa and Missouri, Justin' Hollins, Dre'Mont Jones, Dalton Risner, and Juwann Winfree.

Broncos, and 49ers, players are ongoing and still competing since the start of off-season player conditioning last May and June in the Organized Team Activities (OTA's) , and training camp in July and August , to compete for roster spots, especially both the drafted and undrafted college players, and veteran free agents signed during the offseason, on making their cut from the current 90-man training camp roster, to the final 53-man regular season roster and subsequent practice squad, after the conclusion of the preseason games in August.

Broncos are also dedicating their 2019 NFL Season. 50th in the NFL, and 60th overall, to the late Pat Bowlen, and all the Broncos players are wearing a patch in front of their jerseys in his honor.

Flacco looks like the Week 1 regular season starter, and both Kevin Hogan and rookie Drew Lock are still competing to backup behind Flacco at QB.

Former Broncos and NFL Head Coach Mike Shanahan and and Broncos and Colts QB Peyton Manning also reportedly visited and witnessed the joint practices with the Broncos and 49ers.

Tonight is the 40th all-time preseason game between the Denver Broncos and San Francisco 49ers. Broncos have a 22-17 preseason record over the 49ers with the breakdown of games at 10-7 at home, 11-8 on the road, and 1-2 in neutral sites.

Broncos defeated the 49ers in both teams first-ever scheduled preseason game, by the score of 22-6, and was played at the University Of Denver Stadium back on August 23, 1968.

Denver also won the most recent preseason meeting over San Francisco, defeating the 49ers 33-14 at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara back on August 19, 2017.

One of the preseason games was played at Tokyo, Japan, where the Broncos also won over the 49ers 24-10, back on August 6, 1995.

Denver is also making their 16th preseason appearance on Monday Night Football in 12 years, and own a 6-9 preseason record on MNF. Broncos defeated the 49ers by the score of 17-13, in their last preseason MNF appearance, played at Candlestick Park back on August 13, 2007.

However, San Francisco defeated Denver twice in the 1989 NFL Season. 49ers defeated Broncos 35-17 during the preseason back on August 19, 1989, then the 49ers won again 55-10 in Super Bowl XXIV, and played at the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana, back on January 28, 1990.

San Francisco also leads the all-time regular season series 8-7, including Super Bowl XXIV, after 15 games. 49ers won the most recent game 20-14 to break the 7-7 series tie back on December 9, 2018 in Santa Clara, CA. 49ers scored 20 points in the first half, before the Broncos scored their 14 points in the second half, with Phillip Lindsay's 3-yard TD run, Case Keenum's 1-yard TD pass to DaeSean Hamilton, and Brandon McManus's 2 PAT's.

Joe Tessitore and Booger (Anthony Darelle) McFarland are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Lisa Salters, simulcast locally in the local Denver area on KTVD, My Network TV Channel 20, and throughout the USA on ESPN, seen live on HD.

Dave Logan and Rick Lewis are also announcing the live radio game play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline reporter and interviewer, and former Broncos and NFL offensive tackle Tyler Polumbus, simulcast on flagship stations KOA 850 AM, and 94.1 FM, and the Denver Broncos Radio Network.

A mix of clear and partly cloudy skies at 95 degrees, is the local gamecast inside Broncos Stadium At Mile High, for the 6:05 PM Mountain Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 9% humidity, and east/northeast winds at 7 miles per hour.

Great luck to both the Broncos and 49ers players, as you continue to impress your team coaching and support staffs making the grade to make the final 53 for the upcoming 2019 NFL Regular Season,

NO injuries, win your first home game of the year of front of your loyal fans in Denver Broncos Country, and LET'S GO BRONCOS!!!!!

2019 Broncos 49ers Gameday, Live NFL Game Centers, 2019 Denver Broncos Wikipedia, and Live KOA 850 AM/94.1 FM Live Audio Links:

Game summary of the San Francisco 49ers vs. Denver Broncos NFL game, final score 24-15, from August 19, 2019 on ESPN.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Last edited by CaribouRanch; 08-19-2019, 04:27 PM.
    :logo: :helmet: :salute: :goz:
  • TheAsianPA
    Captain
    • Oct 2015

Looking forward to this one. Expect to see more from Flacco and Lock. I think if Lock performs well enough after this game he'll solidify the backup spot.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• samparnell
      Soy Capitan Meshpoint
      • Nov 2007

BLAM! BLAM!

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• beastlyskronk
        Football Immortal
        • Jun 2007

Man I hate listening to Booger McFarland, everytime I watch he’s on he’s just ripping on players like he was some great player himself.

Comment

• Peanut
          ModNut
          • Jan 2007

Thanks, Caribou! Great write up!

Go Broncos!
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• MarkB
            All-Time Great
            • Nov 2011

Go Broncos!!!!!!
            sigpic
            2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
            2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
            BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• Fantaztic7
              Banned User
              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Man I hate listening to Booger McFarland, everytime I watch he’s on he’s just ripping on players like he was some great player himself.
              Mute the left speaker in your TV. Or is the right speaker? LOL.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

• Canmore
                Do. Do not...No Try!
                • May 2007

Let's rock n roll.
                sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                  team preacher
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  BLAM! BLAM!

:
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Taos_Broncomaniac
                    Football Immortal
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    BLAM! BLAM!

I have missed "hearing" this ^^^

Go Broncos
                    [sigpic

Comment

• JvDub95
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2005

I want to see sharp offense out there from the ones and 2's. It would be awesome to see Flacco connect deep to Sutton/Sanders and Lock go 15-18 passing

​​​​

Comment

• Sophia23
                        RIP #88
                        • Sep 2012

Looking forward to some MNF!! No injuries!!
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                        Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                          Football Immortal
                          • Dec 2012

It would be nice to see a lot of Flacco tonight - 2-4 drives maybe? - OTOH, if they go on 10-15 play drive with a TD that might be enough. :thumb: I am wondering how much Lock and Hogan will play ... hoping Hogan none and Lock a lot. It would also be good to see Rypien get a chance to play.
                          Jamal Carter, will he see a lot of playing time a ILB? I hope he does, see if the "experiment" has any chance of being good/great. I hope to see a dominate pass defense for most of the 1st half.
                          sigpic

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2017

Going to be Super Cool !! I hope the offense can gel. Last game the entire team looked Sharp with the exception of the Red Zone Offense. Actually that has been a problem for a long time I think I will start a Thread 🧵 about it...

Comment

• EddieMac
                              Canuck Mod, eh!
                              • Feb 2004

Ok. Crossing fingers for some kind of life to be shown by the O...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X