Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    More like 5-3
    Only if the run game and defense carry the team. I think we'll be struggling to get 8-8 this year with Flacco at QB. I know people hate the pessimist, but that's where I'm sitting at right now.

I have to ask, who else do you have us win I g against besides the Raiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    He could be an ok commentator someday. That's about the nicest thing I can find in my heart of hearts to say about him right now....

Come on Drew Lock!
    I love me some Lock too but I think he would benefit more from a watch and learn program this year

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I definitely dig it that Drew Lock 🔒 is getting better week to week . This shows me Drew has the mental capacity to learn unlike past QB failures. The Future does look Bright Indeed !!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Such a simple thing too, just come to balance, finish the play. Looks like a bunch of guys who have no played special teams in a few years all trying to make plays to get noticed.
    Wadman doesnít give them much help either. Canít we just go with McManus for both? We know he can really boom it.

Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post

Both teams don’t inspire me...but our D looks better,, imo,

Raiders at home..

Hard to call... I’ll say Denver.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Teams change every single year. People judge W/Ls on how teams played previously, but then some teams go up and some teams go down. November games that looked impossible before the year started are all of a sudden games that are considered easy wins by the time they roll around.

I'm more confident about the Bears game than the raiders. Denver is something like 29-2 at home in September in their last 31 games.

This defense is way too good to not at least be .500

I think Flacco had some nice plays. He missed on the throw to Fant in the red zone but not by much and it was a good play by the defender. Fangio should have challenged the sideline catch - looked like toes tapped in bounds.

Canít blame Flacco for the poor work by Bolles - it was holding or going to be a sack. Glad Flacco didnít get crushed. Flacco showed his ability to stretch the field on that play. His ability to step up in the pocket will make a difference over time.

Agree with the comments about Lock. Heís improved every game and showed ability to make his progressions. Some nice throws especially the one over the middle.

We just have to hope they can figure out how to finish drives. Iím more optimistic about our QBs. Just need the line to come around.

Schlottman beat like a drum, but great job by Lock to wait until the last second to take off. Eliminated the rushers angle

Edit: Oh wait that was Barclay, heís garbage
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 08-19-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Wadman doesn’t give them much help either. Can’t we just go with McManus for both? We know he can really boom it.

I was thinking specifically of KO coverage. I wouldn't be shocked if the Broncos are calling Ryan Allen's agent. Not the best punter, but a good punter who's spent his entire career punting in high leverage situations. And a left footed punter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I love me some Lock too but I think he would benefit more from a watch and learn program this year
    I actually disagree...What did learning and watching do for Paxton or Tebow or any others? The thing is, most QB's either got it, or don't got it. Sitting or not sitting isn't going to change it. Even Rodgers IMO would have been fine in the long run if he had to start right away.

More and more QB's are starting right away and having immediate success.

I doubt he does play right away, but sitting or not sitting isn't going to impact his future. He's either got it, or he doesn't and so far I feel confident that he does have it.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 08-19-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Man. That's a couple of times that Lock has run to the sidelines to get OOB and then kind of cheated up his angle to steal a few yards. If he keeps that up some defender is going to rock him in bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I was thinking specifically of KO coverage. I wouldn't be shocked if the Broncos are calling Ryan Allen's agent. Not the best punter, but a good punter who's spent his entire career punting in high leverage situations. And a left footed punter as well.
    But I doubt weíll see many KOs returned in the regular season. Theyíre asking McManus to keep it in play to see just what they have and to get live reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I actually disagree...What did learning and watching do for Paxton or Tebow or any others? The thing is, most QB's either got it, or don't got it. Sitting or not sitting isn't going to change it. Even Rodgers IMO would have been fine in the long run if he had to start right away.

More and more QB's are starting right away and having immediate success.

I doubt he does sit, but sitting or not sitting isn't going to impact his future. He's either got it, or he doesn't and so far I feel confident that he does have it.
    QBs have to have the work ethic and talent to make either situation work though. Lynch didn't have the drive to be a good QB, so I'm not sure him playing right away would have made a huge difference. And Tebow didn't have the talent to be a great QB (throwing the ball), so again I'm not sure playing would have benefitted him.

I think Lock would be fine either way, but I think his ceiling goes higher quicker if he can learn from the sidelines to start.