Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Very familiar. He also had some other challenges that I wonít get into here. Until this camp heís been difficult to coach because he gets frustrated easily. Thatís slowed his development and he already had a late start. Iíve been very patient supporting him but he needs to put a game together without holding back the offense (pun intended).

Thereís no doubt the physical upside with Bolles is higher than any other tackle in this draft. At 297 pounds, Bolles ran a 4.97 second 40-yard dash and showed incredible movement skills for a man of his size and length. He almost looked like a big tight end running around at the Scouting Combine.

if the Broncos were going to take a tackle in this yearís draft, I donít think they could have done any better. Bolles has slick movement skills, great feet, excellent speed, and a nasty streak. The big issues with him coming out were core strength and D1 experience.

Bollesí tape played a factor, which not only showcased his raw ability, but also his physicality and straight up nastiness at times. The Broncos felt like they were missing that type of take-no-crap mentality on their beleaguered offensive line.

Meanwhile, Ryan Ramczyk was coming off a hip injury, which prevented him from working out at the Combine, and Cam Robinson carried the stamp of being an Alabama trenchman

All easy to google above....all pre draft..

And about his back half of the season last year....

Over the first nine weeks of the season, Pro Football Focus graded Bolles as the 49th best tackle in football, with a surrendered pressure rate 6.0 percent, ranking 37th in the league. Since the bye week, Bolles is their 13th best pass blocking tackle in the league, with a pressure rate of 3.5 percent, ranking 8th in the NFL.

I think we are tough on him because when he screws up in pass pro....itís glaring and falling into old bad habits... and penalties.

Hopefully munch can get him to stop thinking about it... use his technique and forget bad plays..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    As I recall everyone in the draft thread that year thought we were going with Ramcyzk. Then somebody brought up a rumor that Elway was enamored with Bolles and everyone went, "Oh...no...no...."
    I recall it vividly... We needed OT badly and were fortunate enough to be able to draft the pick of the litter... no other team dipped in the OL pond.... we were taking the first OL prospect...

And the choice was: Draft the sure thing, from the school that is practically an OL factory, who is coming of an injury... or... go with the 26 yr-old rookie, with 1 year of organized football under his belt, who is agile and fleet of foot.
    Last edited by fraguela09; 08-19-2019 at 09:19 PM.

The Broncos drafted Garrett Bolles, he is the teams starting LT, the sooner a Bronco fan accepts it the better. Looking in the rear view mirror is fine but eventually you gotta look forward.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I noticed that, not sure. Couldíve sworn I saw him out there but I could be mistaken
    Schlottmann started.
    Last edited by samparnell; 08-20-2019 at 04:32 AM.

Drew Lock needs at least a year, doesnít look comfortable. You see a glimpse here or there of what he could be but the college offenses donít do these kids any favors.
    Taking snaps under center, and reading defenses should be his main goals, not winning the #1 or #2 job.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    The Broncos drafted Garrett Bolles, he is the teams starting LT, the sooner a Bronco fan accepts it the better. Looking in the rear view mirror is fine but eventually you gotta look forward.
    Bolles has played ~40 games and needs to get his act together. If he canít get it done under Munchak then Elway will need to look at drafting another LT. Itís become the expectation for him to commit 1-2 holding penalties per game. Heís in his 3rd season and should be better than what he showed tonight. He robbed Flacco and the offense of the 45 yard completion to Sanders. He better be working more to fix his technique. Itís time for Bolles to step up. Heís going to take out Flacco if he doesnít get himself together.

Drew Lock needs at least a year, doesnít look comfortable. You see a glimpse here or there of what he could be but the college offenses donít do these kids any favors.
    Taking snaps under center, and reading defenses should be his main goals, not winning the #1 or #2 job.
    Suggest going back and watching his first drive with the starting line. He was comfortable with a methodical drive going 57 yards. He didnít get six but neither did the veteran with 10 years experience. Even with suspect depth on the line he managed to make some plays. With an injured hand made made a great pass to Benson (IIRC) who dropped it. That would have extended another drive. With a legitimate line in front of him he easily played like a starter.

Suggest going back and watching his first drive with the starting line. He was comfortable with a methodical drive going 57 yards. He didn’t get six but neither did the veteran with 10 years experience. Even with suspect depth on the line he managed to make some plays. With an injured hand made made a great pass to Benson (IIRC) who dropped it. That would have extended another drive. With a legitimate line in front of him he easily played like a starter.

Totally agree. Saw the same things... he doesn’t have Flacco experience but looked good tonight..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Totally agree. Saw the same things... he doesnít have Flacco experience but looked good tonight..
    Iím not saying he doesnít have work ahead of him but heís making strides every week. If you boiled his night down to one play, he got the ball off on a blitz for a short gain - big difference not taking a sack by going to his hot read.

Suggest going back and watching his first drive with the starting line. He was comfortable with a methodical drive going 57 yards. He didnít get six but neither did the veteran with 10 years experience. Even with suspect depth on the line he managed to make some plays. With an injured hand made made a great pass to Benson (IIRC) who dropped it. That would have extended another drive. With a legitimate line in front of him he easily played like a starter.
    I did watch it and I didnít see what you saw. We had that drive extended due to a PI call. I like the kid but Flacco is a way better option right now in my opinion. As the game went on Locks accuracy got worse and he had a couple of ints dropped.
    He needs time and work to get more comfortable, he is not ready to face real defenses in this league for 4 qrts, they will eat him alive.
    If we end up getting eliminated letís say weíre 4-9 then throw him in their and get him some experience, but he ainít close today.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 08-19-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Bolles has played ~40 games and needs to get his act together. If he canít get it done under Munchak then Elway will need to look at drafting another LT. Itís become the expectation for him to commit 1-2 holding penalties per game. Heís in his 3rd season and should be better than what he showed tonight. He robbed Flacco and the offense of the 45 yard completion to Sanders. He better be working more to fix his technique. Itís time for Bolles to step up. Heís going to take out Flacco if he doesnít get himself together.
    I saw the play, was a border line call, looked like Thomas did a good job of trapping Bolkes right arm to sell the call. Either way i also saw Chubb blow by Joe Staley without being touched. Bolles is our LT. Bringing up the draft every time he has a bad play is getting old.
    Woulda loved to have had Prescott instead of Lynch or Russell Wilson instead of Brock or Bernardrick McKinney over Ray, but that is all woulda coulda shoulda. We gotta win with who we have.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 08-19-2019 at 11:13 PM.

I did watch it and I didnít see what you saw. We had that drive extended due to a PI call. I like the kid but Flacco is a way better option right now in my opinion. As the game went on Locks accuracy got worse and he had a couple of ints dropped.
    He needs time and work to get more comfortable, he is not ready to face real defenses in this league for 4 qrts, they will eat him alive.
    If we end up getting eliminated letís say weíre 4-9 then throw him in their and get him some experience, but he ainít close today.
    The point of your first post was that Lock was uncomfortable. Behind the starting line he had command of the offense, went through progressions and was accurate on most passes. PI calls are part of the game, and that call was a result of him making the right read and throw, so thatís part of the drive.

As the game went on he was playing behind a line of backups, some of whom will not make the roster. Put Flacco behind anything other than the starting line and he would struggle. I didnít say he should be the option over Flacco.

Your main point was that Lock was uncomfortable - Fangio disagrees with you.

I saw the play, was a border line call, looked like Thomas did a good job of trapping Bolkes right arm to sell the call. Either way i also saw Chubb blow by Joe Staley without being touched. Bolles is our LT. Bringing up the draft every time he has a bad play is getting old.
    Woulda loved to have had Prescott instead of Lynch or Russell Wilson instead of Brock or Bernardrick McKinney over Ray, but that is all woulda coulda shoulda. We gotta win with who we have.
    No, it wasnít border line. Bolles was beat badly. He hooked his arm around the defender up high and spun him around. Flacco would have been hit hard without Bolles holding.

Bad technique and penalties persist with Bolles. He is not entitled to the starting role and changes can be made if he cannot consistently play better. The guy going up against Bolles was not Chubb.

Nobody was talking about all those players you brought up - just Bolles.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Nah they donít want to risk showing Rypien to anyone
    I really don't think they care. Rypien has been unimpressive all throughout camp, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't on anyone's PS week one.