Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's why I really struggle with getting excited this year. It's a team that looks good on the surface, but just is missing something special. It's preseason, as was posted earlier, preseason is a liar and all....but I'm just not feeling like this is a competitive team in 2019.
    Same here. This is the first time Iíve seen our team and was excited going into the season.

But like you said, while itís preseason, the team feels blah. Wasnít impressed with Lock at all either. Thatís just me. Canít seem to run the ball either. Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    We have no depth at d or o. .... this team is just terrible when the starters go out,,, everyone’s backups are far better than ours,
    Depth is subjective though. During a regular season game, unless something goes really really wrong, you're never going to have mass substitutions. You're not going to have 5 backup o-linemen coming in together, instead you'll get 1 backup between starters. Same thing on D, you're not going to have all backup DBs, you're going to have a backup coming in to play with starters.

Depth from player 54 to 90 on the roster really doesn't matter. It's about the 45th player being able to come in and not be bad playing with good players.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    The overreactions in these preseason threads continue to crack me up. Bolles has had a good preseason and people are ready to move on from him based on two drives.

Not sure if anyone has noticed but finding an average tackle is this league is hard.
    He had a lot more than 2 drives last season....

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    on the other hand Drew's injury to his thumb could be serious. Hopefully it's nothing major
    If it was on the other hand it would be no big deal since it's his non-throwing hand.... Buh dum tisss.

A broken thumb isn't huge. It happens to QB's all the time and it's nothing major to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Bolles should be a RT instead
    disagree. maybe OG.

Sure am glad our punter is getting some meaningfully snaps.

If it was on the other hand it would be no big deal since it's his non-throwing hand.... Buh dum tisss.

A broken thumb isn't huge. It happens to QB's all the time and it's nothing major to overcome.
    ha, saw that coming. Hopefully it heals quick if it is the case and doesn't set him back too far in his development
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Depth is subjective though. During a regular season game, unless something goes really really wrong, you're never going to have mass substitutions. You're not going to have 5 backup o-linemen coming in together, instead you'll get 1 backup between starters. Same thing on D, you're not going to have all backup DBs, you're going to have a backup coming in to play with starters.

Depth from player 54 to 90 on the roster really doesn't matter. It's about the 45th player being able to come in and not be bad playing with good players.
    This is a fair point. The one place you struggle when you have no depth though is special teams as a lot of those players are depth. I feel like that's one area we're feeling it so far this offseason.

The timeline is big. There's no chance they release Hogan now. And if it's not an 8+ week injury where Lock might go on IR, then it seems very unlikely they'll keep Rypien since no team would use 4 roster spots on QBs.

Who is wearing 45 on defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He's sitting on the bench eating sunflower seeds. It can't be that bad or you'd think they'd be doing tests, making him ice it etc.
    Probably fine but our TEs are cursed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    ha, saw that coming. Hopefully it heals quick if it is the case and doesn't set him back too far in his development
    He's got good work ethic. If he does have a broken thumb, he'll work hard to learn in other ways. Chances are he isn't starting this season anyway, his real growth won't be something we'll see until the 2020 offseason.

Another missed hold on the 9ers right there

Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post
    Ryan Ramzcyk was available when we drafted Bolles.
    ding ding ding...winner!!

This is a fair point. The one place you struggle when you have no depth though is special teams as a lot of those players are depth. I feel like that's one area we're feeling it so far this offseason.

I'm a Special Teams coach, so it kills me watching the team struggle on Teams. According to McMahon they're constantly rolling through players on Specials so it's always different giving guys the chance to make plays. I'll trust him there, but I am worried about it. Hopefully players 23-53 are enough depth to improve them.